Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimothy
Sep 26, 2003

awesome! can i hold ur gun?
At one point I thought my Donruss sets from 1990-1994 featuring rated rookies like Chuck Knoblauch, Kenny Lofton, Mo Vaughn, and even Mike Piazza would see me comfortably though my twilight years. On the flip side though, my dad has a complete 1951 Bowman set from when he was a kid with a couple copies each of Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays's rookie cards. He got them appraised like 20 years ago and said the set was worth a little less than three grand so I have no idea how much it'd be worth now. They're not professionally graded or anything though but they are pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimothy
Sep 26, 2003

awesome! can i hold ur gun?

jeffersonlives posted:

That's an awesome set.

1951 Bowman Mantles in good condition can be worth, well, a lot depending on condition. It's his rookie card, although 1952 Topps is more sought-after. Mays isn't far behind.

I'd see if PSA is grading at a show near you sometime soon. No need to grade the commons, but Mantle, Mays, Williams, etc. can be big bucks in good condition.

I've mentioned the idea to my dad before, but it's one of those things where I don't think he's interested enough in going to an expo by himself since he'd have to travel a ways to get to one, living outside of Tucson. He'd go if I went with him, but my parents live 1200 miles away so it makes it difficult to plan. How much could I expect a PSA guy to charge for grading probably half a dozen cards?

• Locked thread