Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JediGandalf
Sep 3, 2004

I have just the top prospect YOU are looking for. Whaddya say, boss? What will it take for ME to get YOU to give up your outfielders?

The bat was gifted to me by best friend. I'm told it's an actual game used bat. I have suspicions on that. Ball is signed by Chase Headley and Will Venable. I got that on my recent Spring Training trip. He also has a mad stash of baseball cards in which I might request to acquire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediGandalf
Sep 3, 2004

I have just the top prospect YOU are looking for. Whaddya say, boss? What will it take for ME to get YOU to give up your outfielders?
Knob: (he was #3 for the Tigers so that leads more credence that this was a game bat. However, I took it at as bat length/weight difference like a 30/33 is a 3, also)

Bat: (another thing that had my suspicions, is his name on it. I don't know if that's akin to Roy Halladay having his name stitched on glove.)

Grip:

JediGandalf
Sep 3, 2004

jeffersonlives posted:

So, it's the same thing with any game used bat. It's a consistent style match. Unless you can find a photo of that particular bat in Trammell's hands or have great provenance, you can't be sure that it isn't a game model that was used by someone else, or a BP bat. It's almost certainly not a fake, because it's an awful lot of trouble to go through to forge a bat that might sell for $150-200 at auction.
Yeah I tried to find some photos of the bat being used in game but I'm turning up nothing. It's got what I imagine pine tar residue on the barrel itself. He used the bat, no question but I don't know if in game or BP. BTW, this bat is heavy. It's probably 34 or 35 oz.

Tangent: When I was about 8 years old I found a baseball that was signed by lots of well known players. Signed by Reggie Jackson, Rollie Fingers, Gene Tenace to name a few. Not knowing what I found, grabbed my bat and started to play ball with it. I destroyed probably at most a thousand dollar baseball into rubbish. Not a single signature was legible. Go me! :downsbravo:

• Locked thread