Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Smackbilly
Jan 3, 2001
What kind of a name is Pizza Organ! anyway?

amf5 posted:

srsly

also lmao at it being $18/month

who pays for these things

hOW ELSE AM I GOING TO GET PICUTRES OF MY GRANDKIDS

Q

QUTI

QUIT
EXIT COMPUTER

COMPUTER, PLEASE TURN OFF

DEAR JEREMY PLEASE COME OVER AND HELP ME I CANT FIGURE THIS OUT

JEREMEY ARE YOU THERE??????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smackbilly
Jan 3, 2001

maniacdevnull posted:

why the gently caress do you even have a modem or a land line phone in 2011? that better be (a) built into your labtop and (b) some sort of skype/vonage witchcraft

run your modem over skype which is running over a tethered cell data connection

Smackbilly
Jan 3, 2001

RICHUNCLEPENNYBAGS posted:

god drat there's a link there to the kmart free isp i remember using that

what the gently caress was with nbc and kmart and all these companies creating free isps what the hell convinced them it was a good idea

were you not around during the late 90s? everyone believed that you could make money by giving away free stuff as long as it was on, or somehow related to, the internet. because the internet was new and things worked differently there, duh.

Smackbilly
Jan 3, 2001

Hen posted:

I remember getting threatened with TOS

people used TOS as a verb

"Im gonna TOS you"

"You're gonna get TOSed"

*forwards your posts to TOSEmail7*

(because the mailboxes for TOSEmails 1-6 were full and AOL can't loving figure out how to give their own admins quota-less e-mail accounts)

Smackbilly
Jan 3, 2001

flyboi posted:

idk you must've sucked at aol i loved it for the idiots

when all advantage was around i wrote my own custom aol proggy that joined every aol chat room and spammed it with a referral link saying how i made thousands and they could too by signing up and downloading my custom all advantage tool that let any app work for their banner and had an anti-idler mouse thinger and actually ended up getting ~2k/month until all advantage was like YOU ARE UNDER 18. DENIED.

never got a ToS :smug:

i ran an anti-idler and the first time i ran it, after exactly 24 hours an AOL rep called up and asked to talk to my dad. i lied and said he wasn't home, hung up, set the thing to disconnect after like 10 or 12 hours in the future, and hoped they wouldn't call back. they never did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smackbilly
Jan 3, 2001

TIL angelfire is still a thing