Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
dial in to compuserve using voip running off your broadband connection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Hen posted:

:ohdear:

it can be done. i've seen it.

had i not been on the clock i would have laughed in the guys face

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

ymgve posted:

really?

i heard that you can't do it over skype at least but then again i guess other voip solutions have better sound quality

yeah. i have no idea how well it works but this guy was paying for our voip service and dialing into aol. i advised him to switch to our broadband since it would be cheaper and a shitton faster :v:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

luma posted:

Not to sperg out, but you won't be able to get any decent modem connection to work over a VOIP provider to somebody else's modem. The lossy codecs in use will seriously gently caress up the negotiation. You could however setup a dialup system in your house with a line simulator if you really wanted that old-timey feel without having to buy a landline.

I had something similar going on for a while to get a dreamcast on the internet before the BBA was available. It dialed into my USR Courier and the poo poo was boss, son.

14k fax works ok on our voip so you can probably connect at at least that rate v:shobon:v

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Model M posted:

No. You can't.

At best you can pull off 2400 bps.

ok but it does connect. idgaf what you're obsolete formats transfer at anyway

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jonny 290 posted:

i dont know whether to eat it or try to gently caress it

first one, then t'other :quagmire:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Mufreesboro posted:

But how are you going to gently caress it if you've already eaten it?

idk, it worked with your mom

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Jonny 290 posted:

the number one secret is always "finger his butthole while u givin him a beej" or something lame like "be sexy and confident, guys find confidence a huge turnon!"

i find vagina to be a huge turnon

so yeah, it's probably not worth overthinking in a lot of cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

peckler posted:

I made a nice scene when I quit AOL, though.

so what finally broke you