Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Hip Hop is about respecting the past.

Finally got around to listening to Tyler the Creator since this whole lame beef with Bobby Ray hit the net, and I have to say the Yonkers video and song is pretty incredible. Weird as poo poo yet it had a surprisingly good flow to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

DJ Megatron -- a regular on the BET show "106th and Park" -- was shot and killed in Staten Island early Sunday morning.

Megatron -- real name Corey McGriff(age 32) -- was shot around 2:00 AM, not far from his home. He was pronounced dead at the scene. He previously worked for hip-hop radio stations in Boston and Philadelphia, and most notably at New York City's HOT 97 station.

The occasional BET television segment host was killed while heading to a store near his home on New York City's Staten Island around 2 a.m., said his manager Justin Kirkland, known as J. Smoove. The 32-year-old deejay, born Corey McGriff, was found dead with a gunshot wound to his chest, police said. His manager said friends and relatives had no idea why anyone might have attacked a deejay known for his upbeat, amiable attitude. Survived by three kids. No arrests had been made.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Seriously there is nothing wrong with listening to Wutang.
The only seriously wrong thing is when you throw up the Wu-Tang hand salute at non-Wu events.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
I feel like such a poser but are the only really great possible albums coming out in the next few months Royce, Lil' Wayne, and maybe at some point in the future Kingdom Come?

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

Hey so check this rap this girl at my school made. Skip to about 0:49.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAil6JfF7Vw
Please don't encourage people to write rhymes while high.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Came across this very talented jazzy hip hop cover of Jay Z's 99 Problems by Aloe Blacc. He throws a bit of Kanye in at the beginning. You probably know this guy from his I Need a Dollar song which was the theme to How to Make it in America show on HBO.

http://www.indieshuffle.com/aloe-blacc-99-problems/

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Rah! posted:

This may be the most gangster Beetlejuice soundtrack sample having song i've ever heard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNy3RWhmgwQ
Only a matter of time before some cuts up Tales from the Crypt theme and spits out a horror rap.

edit: Wait spoke too soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SndYC_eVsw

Korak fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 20, 2011

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

From hanging out with Snoop Dogg to smoking toe blunts.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
I was kind of hoping they'd name it Game of Thrones just to confuse people.

Is there another site like hiphopdx that has a "best of the week" type of lists? 2dopeboys doesn't seem to have anything like it which is a shame. It would be nice to be able to weed through all the crap rap to get to the good stuff, and Billboard.com Rap charts isn't going to cut it.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

tyrseil posted:

You'd best leave Weird Al out of any sentence that involves Kreayshawn and Lil B.
"I'm Straight" would be a great single in today's gay marriage legalized in NY and DADT repealed climate.

But less talk about pop comedy and more talk about WATCH THE THRONE VVvv

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

The beats on this Kanye/Hova joint are crazy. "Gotta Have It" in particular is blowing my mind
Maybe its just me but the production sounds like some of the crispest sound I've heard in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
I think the biggest problem is you can hear in a lot of lyrics that this thing was rushed. They recorded it for a few weeks in a foreign country at some really nice mansion off from the life of the city. They really should have recorded a ton of material over the span of months.

Jay definitely doesn't sound "hungry" at all. Although in a way its a pretty cool thing to think than Kanye probably took over and lead the project. He is now standing above Hov when it comes to producing an album.

• Locked thread