Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haledjian
May 29, 2008

YOU CAN'T MOVE WITH ME IN THIS DIGITAL SPACE

Rkelly posted:

Thank you for this really sick white queens loving rick ross except he's not a cop.
I'm thinking more white not dead big pun

cat in the hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Gaupo Guacho posted:

I know instinctively tht listening to Das Racist/Immortal Technique/Wu-Tang makes you a dork
None of these things is true (unless you take Immortal Technique seriously as a political commentator)

Gaupo Guacho posted:

if you ignore all the misogyny and pointless consumpton in top 40 rap aren't you giving it a free pass out of some need for authenticity or looking at it through a sort of blackface lense?
Why does someone need a condescending excuse to listen to "top 40 rap" and not rock or techno or whatever?

P.S. Yesterday I listened to an Underground True Hip Hop Song For Dorks and R.A. the Rugged Man literally said "gently caress women's rights" and I think Apathy has a song where the chorus goes "beat your bitch up" so

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

cardedagain posted:

Am I the only person that is totally underwhelmed by Slaughterhouse?

I think my favorite Royce raps are "Boom" and "Bad Meets Evil". I haven't heard anything from him that I thought was amazing in drat near a decade.
Not a fan either. Their beats and mastering are always terrible and they don't have much charisma. Also it's hard to enjoy their scientifical lyrical miracles when they're being crushed against loud samples by a limiter.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Cosigning the Ghostface book. Knowledge.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Backup Snacks posted:

Rereading my posts, I feel like I came off as an ignorant dick at points. To repent, here's one of my favorite tracks someone posted in the last thread: Celph Titled & Buckwild ft R.A. - Mad Ammo

I wonder if Celph is gonna have to stop saying the n-word now that he has a music video and people can see how blatantly white he is

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

He's Spanish Cuban, which is pretty much white European. His beard is way lighter than it used to be though, compared to like that old Baldwin Brothers video with Majik Most. I wondering if he was dying it to look more Hispanic.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

caveman thug poo poo posted:

also I dont think Celph has dropped an n-bomb in quite some time.. I'm thinking back to the AOTP/Apathy albums and I dont really remember any

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, maybe he got punched in the face

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

its cool to see joey getting a little love seeing as how someone went out of their way to edit him out of the slaughterhouse record. i mean i can see why some people dont like him or whatever but i like every one of his verses on on slaughterhouse and his solo work is great for when you feel like killing yourself
Dude's got bars, I'd listen to him way more if he didn't try to shout so much when he records. Like when he raps he sounds like a dying mule or some poo poo, if he rapped more in his normal speaking voice like he did in that BET cypher he'd be way more listenable I think

Also if he got some good beats, but that's a whole other thing

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Harminoff posted:

He did in his last album on the trach I Could Write A Rhyme.

Now I'm 19 and a Floridian in New York
White Cuban boy that says nigga and eats pork

He became self aware! :ms:

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

John Brown posted:

So does anyone know why most, if not all, of Odd Future's album covers feature white people on the art?
I think they think they're funny.

alansmithee posted:

Horrorcore doesn't really fit, especially when you look at stuff like Mellowhype and Mike G. IMO leave the labeling for white people music, rap don't need that poo poo. There's only two labels for rap music afaik: good and southern.
Are you a real person

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

for those of you just cluing in to Lif, you should prolly check out The Perceptionists too. I used to bump Black Dialogue all the time plus theres a hilarious song with Shock G on that album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiwZe9CBytU

son, im known to get money
Have this on vinyl somewhere

Akrobatik sounds hella like Apathy, they should never collab

KingKapalone posted:

Someone I know from high school has been that "whit guy who raps" from the Minnesota suburbs for a loooong time. His facebook posts are hilariously bad and always entertaining, but now he is starting to spam people with his new video. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it and the name calling battle in the comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlLNjH0ZU7w

To his credit, he's been doing what he loves for a long time now I guess.

Lovin how his name references his being white. Dude is on the ball.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

HatchetDown posted:

Who does pretty good rapid fire that isn't Tech or Twista?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwcXbu7kAow

e - I don't think "staccato" is a very good word for rapping fast

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

I don't think OF has the discipline to pull something like that for so long

esp. when it means leaving him off their albums and shows, doesn't make sense

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Postnasal dripcore

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopsin

Hahahaha

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Mustafa posted:

Not sure how to feel about the new Bad Meets Evil track.

Bad Meets Evil-I'm On Everything
Love Royce but truskool rappers like him always sound so lost on modern synthy beats, poo poo is kind of embarrassing to listen to

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

phractured posted:

Busta Rhymes dropped some fire produce by Tha Bizness. Murder.

Didn't recognize Gucci at all without the PND, dude be steaming his nose or someshit.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Royce is damaged goods? I mean he clearly can't do anything other than the lyrical miracle poo poo he's been doing his whole career but he's drat good at it and I don't remember anyone thinking he's been getting worse lately.

Although his beats have been pretty bad last couple years (Black Milk notwithstanding)

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Chade Johnson posted:

Uhh what? Is this a commonly held opinion?
I wouldn't go that far but he's obviously killing it right now.

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

K-Flow posted:

anyone hear the new das racist single? http://soundcloud.com/transdreamer/das-racist-michael-jackson it loving slams. the only questionable thing about it is heems' voice in the final verse. i'm guessing he's doing that as a joke?

Hahaha he's wyling the gently caress out

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKWglmy3U8Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHzs7fNSdMs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phjITmaa-x4

Haha cmon Rick Rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haledjian
May 29, 2008

Am I the only one who thinks the Psycho-Social album sounds like a parody of everything terrible about underground rap

I really dug some of the later Jedi Mind Tricks stuff but that album, gently caress, what the hell

• Locked thread