Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
so what's up with pl3dge from killer mike? has anyone heard it yet? is it as dope as it's supposed to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

Gaupo Guacho posted:

I know instinctively tht listening to Das Racist/Immortal Technique/Wu-Tang makes you a dork and I'm no that guy but if you ignore all the misogyny and pointless consumpton in top 40 rap aren't you giving it a free pass out of some need for authenticity or looking at it through a sort of blackface lense? This is from someone who consumes rap not "sage francis raps about real poo poo man!" bullshit

I really don't read your post at all, but i'm going to say this: listen to more mobb deep.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

Jock Mocken posted:

Yeah AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted was actually produced by the Bomb Squad, right?

also anyone who likes Pac* should listen to some Z-Ro though it ain't that he sounds like Pac; he sounds like stress. Boosie is another rapper that draws Pac comparisons

*actually everyone should listen to Z-Ro

I loving love boosie. He is pure evil. I can't really explain it more than that.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
Does anyone have youtube links to late 90s wayne? I remember listening to some poo poo of his from like 98, 99 and he sounds really scrappy and raw and I loved it.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

alansmithee posted:

And for the dude wanting staccato raps, yeah there was a giant discussion about it a few pages ago. On top of what was mentioned, I'd check for Busdriver and some of the other Project Blowed dudes (don't remember if they were mentioned).

Busdriver would be a good recommendation if he was looking for abrasive garbage.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

UP AND ADAM posted:

I'm gonna be seeing Freddie Gibbs and Big KRIT tonight in a small venue with good sound for probably around $14. U Jealous?

I'm seeing this in a couple weeks in stupidly small venue for like 12 bucks.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

farmtrill posted:

dunno if anyone is checkin for this stalley dude but he is good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Je_KUzZYo

Good taste. I love stalley.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
Has the new gibbs track been mentioned yet? Rob me a nigga with alley boy. It pretty much assured me that signing to CTE wasn't gonna take any of his talent or conviction out of him. Even on the tracks with jeezy he goes in like only gibbs can. I know it's kind of early to call something like that and everyones saying jeezy doesn't know how to run a label but I think label or not, freddie gibbs will still poo poo on the entire rap industry. A cold day in hell can't some soon enough.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
I really hope jeezy doesnt gently caress with gibbs talent. going back through his discog for the millionth time has me just as hype as the first time i listened to his poo poo. dude is really something special.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
this is the track that put me on to gibbs as a legendary artist rather then just another talented rapper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzgrqbmBUU4

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

Perpetual Ascent posted:

I'm loving hooked on Freddie Gibbs. Two things:

1. Is his album with Statik Selektah on the same level as his two mixtapes?
2. Anyone out there like Gibbs? I love krit but I'm burnt out on him :(

Freddie Gibbs is my absolute favorite artist and in my personal opinion the best rapper in the game. The Statik Selektah mixtape is loving quality he has some really sick verses on it. Yeah I really cannot get over how good gibbs is and A Cold Day In Hell will be so loving dope.

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

dethkon posted:

If you can do all that, you get to be in the secret gibbs fan club with me. Also hopefully by that time he'll have his new CTE album out.

poo poo son can secret gibbs fan club? I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008

farmtrill posted:

for gibbs dont forget to grab 'live from gary indiana' parts 1 & 2

i actually much prefer those to the st8 killa tapes/ep

Oh no doubt better. Hands down. especially part 2 that poo poo is loving classic.

• Locked thread