Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

Cloud the Cat posted:

Also while I'm here what do people think about Dre's "I need a doctor"? I want to like it and I don't hate it but it just seems like a lot of Dre and Em sucking each others dicks for commercial radio.

What do you people think?
I like it. Skylar Grey sounds pretty good on it and Eminem and Dre have good lines on it and the beat is sick as hell.

Whats not to like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

The_Rob posted:

The beat is mediocre as hell, which makes sense considering it was produced by Alex Da Kid. It sounds like every other song Alex Da Kid has produced. Also we have been waiting all this time for a real Dre single from Detox, and we get a song that isn't even produced by Dre?
It was a leaked song, which is probably why we got it.

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

stormrider posted:

First new track "Fast Lane"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI8KEkqLBzI

No complaints here.
I like Eminem's verse but does anyone else think Royce went way harder on it?

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

juicy_J posted:

I'm disappointed this isn't an awesome record. that bruno mars joint is whack as fuckkkk
Seriously what the gently caress were they thinking putting bruno mars on "Bad Meets Evil"

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

HatchetDown posted:

Has anyone in here heard of Azealia Banks? Just got passed these two tracks and the very least I can say is I'll take her over Kreayshawn and Minaj any day.

There's a free download on her site that isn't too shabby either.
Dope. I dont like many female MCs but shes pretty sick

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

caveman thug poo poo posted:

thats more shocking to me than how bloated and weird he looked i thought he was at least 45 for sure
That's why you dont do HGH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

I know there's a love/hate relationship with him here, but Immortal Technique's new tape dropped yesterday, and it's fairly solid.

I think Tech is a solid lyricist, but his content is kind of entertaining for the sheer absurdity of it all. I love how he seems to think that he's the only individual who recognized the faults of the Iraq War (also he's still rapping about the War in Iraq in 2011, that's pretty cool) and how he criticizes politicians for being self-righteous ideologues on a tape where he dubs himself a "martyr."

I just wish we'd get more of the ferocious, battle-rap Tech like we did on Revolutionary Vol. 2.

Edit: If you're not entertained by Obnoxious or Crossing the Boundary you are hopeless
Aside from the hilarious political stuff Immortal Technique just sounds boring, he sounds really generic and in my opinion he's a really average lyricist at best. I've never heard a line from him and thought it was sick.

Also can we stop calling him Tech? The only real Tech is Tech N9ne

Professor Funk posted:

i feel like i'm around 84% sure that wale sucks but every time i think that i'm certain on that front he releases something that entertains me. :pwn:

there's a new JMT album? whats the production like w/o stoupe?
It's pretty good in my opinion. Not as good but definitely not bad.

• Locked thread