Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
powerful drum sound
Mar 18, 2009

Cizzo posted:

So I really want to get into some good hyphy music but I don't really know where to look aside from E-40. Point me in the right direction as I want to expand my hip hop knowledge.

Honestly the best way to get into hyphy is to just go through the Rick Rock discography. The Federation album is a great place to start. Most of that freaked-out synth madness style hyphy has faded out in the last few years but a bunch of new producers are taking it into really interesting and menacing futuristic directions: DJ Fresh, Royce on the Beat, and Young L are my favorites right now and there's still a ton of others. Martian slap poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powerful drum sound
Mar 18, 2009

x TOMMYBOY x posted:

No. :( I know I'm no Noz but come on.

Any way, this isn't specifically hip-hop but did anyone else check this out:

lol i have never heard of this album before, is it dipset affiliated?

powerful drum sound
Mar 18, 2009
Also when you're done with those delete all of it from your hard drive and listen to T-Shirts and Buddens.

powerful drum sound
Mar 18, 2009
New ISSUE album! Hear E-40's 16 year old son talk about corn syrup tea and wedding cake.

powerful drum sound
Mar 18, 2009
If you don't think Waka can actually rap: http://youtu.be/6I-cjELVfLo?t=1m44s

powerful drum sound
Mar 18, 2009
Well in terms of total number of samples "think (about it)" by lyn collins easily takes the cake, if youre restricting it to just hip hop then its probably funky drummer, sing a simple song, or impeach the president.

powerful drum sound
Mar 18, 2009

Dead Snoopy posted:

Mc Hammer? E-40? Vanilla Ice?
Some of these guys will never be heard from again.

Errr....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powerful drum sound
Mar 18, 2009

phractured posted:

I recommend everyone cop the Mad Decent Gucci remixes. "Excuse Me" (Diplo Remix) is the hardest track I have heard in years.

the only track youve heard in years

• Locked thread