Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

John Brown posted:

If you like Royce then you should check out "Bar Exam 3" and "Death Is Certain". I personally think those are his best works.

The Bad Meets Evil LP was my favorite thing from Royce or Em ever. They did a version of that same idea later with Method Man, too, which is neat but it wasn't as good.

That recent Royce skinny-jeans dis song was pretty hilarious, to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Seriously there is nothing wrong with listening to Wutang.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Weakest joint on Hybrid is better than any other song I can think of that came out 2011. Hybrid is great.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

cardedagain posted:

Am I the only person that is totally underwhelmed by Slaughterhouse?

I think my favorite Royce raps are "Boom" and "Bad Meets Evil". I haven't heard anything from him that I thought was amazing in drat near a decade.

Pretty much the same here, yeah.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

John Brown posted:

So what about Cham(pre-"Good Morning"), Rick Ross, Bun B, Young Buck, Stat Quo, Jeezy, Z-Ro, Killer Mike, Field Mob(questionable), or Yelawolf?

Also:I was at Wal-mart today and noticed there was a David Banner/9th Wonder album titled "Death of a Popstar". Never heard about it until now so I just thought I'd spread the word.

The 9th join is the only Banner album I've listened to, but it's pretty good. My understanding is that it's pretty different from his other stuff, so I haven't bothered to check any of that out.

And gently caress a Yelawolf.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

alansmithee posted:

(NY TAKE NOTES, IT'S NOT THE 90's ANYMORE).

Now ask me what I think about Nas after Illmatic.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

alansmithee posted:

Although I shouldn't hate too much, I'm sure these are the exact types of fools Gibbs was thinking he was better than that caused him to start rapping so that's cool.

I can't tell if this is shots fired at Gibbs or not.

Either way: the reason you hate the south is because you don't understand the important regional element of rap music. Willie the Kid could be the scientificly objective Worst Rapper Ever and I would still keep his tapes in rotation because of the fireworks over Lake Michigan joint. Folks from the south feel the same way about the cats down there.

e: pg7: BussdownPussyhole

Arnold of Soissons fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 2, 2011

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

WDIIA posted:

There's usually one day every three months I'll listen to Budden, and the lyrics are pretty nice, and then the next day I can't stand him because of that loving monotone voice

loving cosign. Everybody says "oh Buddens is nice," and I'm like "you must be tweeked out of your goard how the gently caress can you stay awake when that mumblin' motherfucker is on the mic!?"

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

chopper city posted:

Good golly Eminem is middle school music what is wrong with you folks/where were you raised.

Backup Snacks posted:

As far as Eminem, his days as a crazy, immature e-head are over but I'll take this over TES or Encore. I'm hoping this whole 2.0 poo poo makes him step it up but the days of Bad Meets Evil, Murder Murder, etc. are just a hazy, 12 year old memory.

Holy poo poo: good Eminem records are old enough to go through a phase of listening to themselves!

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
I notice nobody posted the Weezy smoochin Baby vid from Rap City: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi818sVon_g

You might remember when this photo dropped, but the video just ads another level of WTFFFF to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

farmtrill posted:

oh its def really cool, just cant resist a lil dig haha

can someone post raps about coffee?

really wanna hear someone rap about how great freshly ground coffee is. and xanax

Devin the Dude has a mixtape in the works.

• Locked thread