Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

onefish posted:

I wondered if this would be the response. I'm enjoying a bunch of MNIMN. What should I be listening to if I *haven't* heard that much a lot like it?

If you haven't heard to it yet, He'll Hath No Fury is always worth a listen. I haven't actually listened to the entirety of MNIMN yet, but if you liked the production on Numbers On The Boards you should enjoy the Neptunes at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Problem was on one of the Baby Face Killa tracks too I think. Not the most lyrical verse, but pretty catchy. The Diet maybe?

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Big Ghost dropped the MNIMN review today too.

quote:

Next up is Sean doin his Big Sean “I cant find the beat” thing. Ionno who taught son how to rap but he need to talk to em cuz they missed some fundamental poo poo there yo. Its like niggas might kno how to drive but they got one foot on the brake n one foot on the gas pedal. This jus basic poo poo son.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

New Gibbs and G-Wiz "3-Peat"

Pretty forgettable really, Gibbs verse is alright but doesn't match up to anything on ESGN.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

If you haven't gotten them all yet, drat near any of his mix tapes is worthwhile, though I find the more recent the better, even if it's mostly in terms of the production. Str8 Killa No Filla is my personal favourite though, wish he would do another Slangin' Rocks. Can't say I liked Still Livin' 2 that much though, maybe it's just the comparison to the original, but it was kinda boring really.

If I just got The Infamous and liked it, and have never really listened to any pre 2004 rap, what is a good album to go from there (Up North Trip is so good)?

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Haven't seen this mentioned here yet so read it and listen to the Black Album right away if you haven't heard it yet.

quote:

The poo poo he cooked up was so marvellous it probably blew Jay’s hairline back a full inch the first time he heard it yo.

quote:

Im sayin yo…that beat jus makes me wanna hop up on my zebroid n gallop all over yall niggas couches n poo poo.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Boywhiz88 posted:

Considering the few times I've tried listening to Joey BadA$$ and I turned it off about a minute or so in, I'd agree. I'm sorry but 90s era New York rap from non-90s New York rappers is just loving boring to me.

Yeah frankly most of the tracks off 1999 bored me. Survival Tactics was alright but otherwise...

Speaking of 90s New York though, been listening to Only Built 4 Cuban Linx and it turns out they stole all Gunplay's beats from 601 & Snort. Don't get why you all idolise these Wu guys so much. Verbal Intercourse and Criminology are still pretty great though.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

In no order

Old
New Jet City
ESGN
Run The Jewels
MNIMN

I think a whole lot of ESGN's beats were forgettable but when Gibbs was on point, he absolutely killed it. Lay It Down, The Real G Money, and Eastside Moonwalker still get heaps of play from me. I think if it had been cut down to ten songs instead of the twenty we got people would be far more favourable - definitely felt like there was a bunch of filler -.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Covert Coup

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Numbers On The Boards or Feds Watching are probably tied, but Gibbs makes a good case for Eastside Moonwalker too.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

What are the most braggadocio, arrogant tracks around? No other requirements, I mostly listen to modern rappers but I really just want some super cocky music to listen to when I'm feeling superior (always).

EditL While I'm here, is there an iTunes optimised version of Lean, Molly & Gas floating around anywhere? Still about a decade behind the times in regards to gucci.

PONEYBOY fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 1, 2014

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

I was so excited for young thugga mane la flare too. Have replayed Bricks Like a Project in anticipation so many times.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

We might be getting a new Gibbs on May the 13!

http://nahright.com/news/2014/04/21/freddie-gibbs-the-worlds-freshest-the-tonight-show-ep-artwork-tracklist/

quote:

With him and Madlib’s Pinata still getting heavy burn, Gibbs announces a new EP with DJ Fresh aka The World’s Freshest.

The Tonite Show will be out on May 13th with guest appearances from E-40, Problem, Trae Tha Truth, Yukmouth, Sir Michael Rocks, and G-Wiz.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Gucci Mane plans to write an autobiography while in prison. Hopefully it will be written with the same expert hands that crafted his 2013 breakdown tweets rather then ghostwritten.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWzhisIJCiQ

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

New Gucci with Rich Homie Quan, "Say A Prayer". In a lecture, so I haven't had a chance to listen yet.

http://cmplx.it/1jwU8u8

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Curren$y is quite possibly my favourite rapper the moment, maybe up against Gibbs? Anyway, here are his new videos.

http://youtu.be/B1NTMCD0wcs

That should link to a playlist, but I'm not a hundred percent sure if it'll work on from my phone.

I've never got that much into Ab-Soul either, he has a few nice features but mostly he annoys me. Didn't even realise he had an album coming out.

PONEYBOY fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 26, 2014

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Has anyone got a link for the Black Silk mixtape that Spooky Black put out a while ago? His bandcamp site doesn't work anymore.

Edit: While I'm on the topic, is there a working copy of Wayne's The Drought Is Over 2? None of the copies I can find are full.

PONEYBOY fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Jun 27, 2014

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

Awesome, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

quote:

My necklace full of diamonds, his piece gave him a rash
He bought it from the Texaco 'cause he didn't save his cash
Tryna be like Gucci Mane but he don't have the swag