Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
OutKast - Southernplayalisiccadillacmuzik
WuTang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers
Dr. Dre - The Chronic
Ice Cube - The Predator
Outkast - Stankonia

E: Plenty just missed the cut, but these are the ones I listen to the most and always go back to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

heel turn posted:

J. Cole released a new track that samples Kanye and Paula Abdul. Pretty good poo poo, IMO.

http://www.reupspot.com/j-cole-workout.htm

J.Cole was very very good at Bonnaroo.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Harminoff posted:

Nah I'd say The Leak was where he peaked.

This is something I can get behind.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

chopper city posted:

Bookoo rappers did this poo poo in the 90's, thinking specifically of a 2pac track where he starts off by going like "my alias Makaveli" but then every rapper on the track after that being like "yo my alias mussolini" "my nickname kadaffi" can't remember the name of the track right now though. Also that CNN song (http://youtu.be/7kZFh5HEQGc). Maybe it ties into all the camo dudes were wearing back then or just referencing poo poo that was on the news as always

The Outlawz!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Saw E40 last night. He put on an outside set for $10 in fort Wayne Indiana. He was fuckin awesome. He had an opener that was solid but I didn't catch his name unfortunately.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

the great deceiver posted:

E40 was literally the worst show I have ever seen. He was too fat to perform for more than 45 minutes and just rushed through a bunch of his new stuff so he could get to Tell Me When to Go for all the kids there. I think the only old song he did was Sprinkle Me. Not even fuckin Automatic man. I paid $40 for that poo poo. Turf Talk opened and was way better.

Must have caught a bad set then. He only performed for 45 minutes or so, but for $10 I didn't mind. Fun time.

cardedagain posted:

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/tix/2993325002.html

one of them?

I'm confused?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

THNDRTHF posted:

The bill was as follows: E-40, Cali Swag District, T.Mills, Certiflyyed

Perhaps these were the openers?

Ah sorry, it was early, will check into them.

Thanks man!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

vanbags posted:

What about this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44zZvRIYRIg

It needs lyrics.

Lil Wayne's diss was garbage. Why didn't Drake respond?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

vanbags posted:

"Diss me and you'll never hear a reply for it"

Drake's too busy loving strippers and getting tour money. Plus the Clipse is one of his favorite hip-hop acts of all time. He gets gushy when he talks about the Pusha T autographed mic he bought off eBay.
ah ok. I like that though. No reason to respond, beef is dumb.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Robert Analog posted:

Am I the only one not feeling the new KRIT? Not even just by Krit Wuz Here standards, like it's pretty average. I'm only one listen through so maybe it'll grow on me.

It felt a lot more subdued than his earlier poo poo.

Krit Wuz Here was loving amazing, but my fav jam by him is his Audio Jackin Mixtape.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Beelzebozo posted:

Anybody else gonna be at Childish Gambino / Danny Brown a week from tonight in Indy?

Me

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I saw Childish Gambino and Danny Brown last night. I felt bad for Danny Brown because some chuckle gently caress kept yelling "get off of the stage" during the entire act. I thought he did well and put on a good show. My wife and I were jumping around.

Childish put on a great show as usual.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Beelzebozo posted:

I was there too, and I thought it was among the worst shows I've ever been to. The sound quality was miserable, and you couldn't even see the performers unless you muscled your way to the front 10% of the venue. Definitely never going back to that place. I guess the performances were pretty good, but the technical problems and terrible layout made it hard to enjoy them. :(

Ah yeah, I got into the second row. I didn't notice the other stuff, but I'm not tuned to listen for them.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Cannot add a photo, but this will show how close we were... sorry for the blurriness.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Bigdee4933 posted:

Which venue? They did the same poo poo in loving Indianapolis. Danny Brown is the whole reason I went and the crowd was being a complete human being for his whole set. He was on for maybe 35 minutes. Plus they didn't have a single Danny Brown merchandise item.

I felt old as hell in that venue. The people my buddies and I were around were 17 years old (I'm 28), but we still showed them how you get at it at a concert.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Beelzebozo posted:

I'll be 32 in a couple weeks, and I went with a 38 year old and a 28 year old. And we were having the same conversation. I should probably stop going to shows at some point. :smith:

Nawwwwwwww

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Ths last page was all sorts of :psyduck:. People just fired into CG because his fans don't like Danny Brown. Who cares? People ripping on home for being too clean? I'm wiling to bet most of the hip-hop acts are manufactured and Gambino hasn't really stepped down from being a nerd/outcast in high school.

I personally think both are good In their own ways.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
It just screams elitist to me.

And he was rapping before he was on television.

Regardless, everyone has their own taste.

Cool Buff Man posted:

If you're trying to get into Danny Brown, this is a good link with a lot of poo poo that I haven't found anywhere else http://fake-money.tumblr.com/page/11 (at the bottom and will probably move back soon cuz the dude that posted it uploads a lot of dumb poo poo)

Thanks for this, I was missing a few things.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Jun 23, 2012

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Starks posted:

Are there people that like Donglover that don't like/have never watched community? I know like 5 people IRL that listen to him and they are all early-20's white girls who watch community. I'm not saying that's a reason to like or dislike him just saying it seems like female community fans are his main demographic.

Yeah, one of my buddies likes him but has never seen community.-

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

GET MONEY posted:

1/2 of the Clipse has a new track out and although I really want to like it, I know he can spit so much harder..lord willing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWOF4MsH-qo

Eh, it's alright, but I'm glad to see him rapping again. It's been forever.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Robert Analog posted:

He's like the rap Mike Patton. Also Danny Brown owns.

The second half of XXX, I was like... wtf.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

an skeleton posted:

I think No Ceilings was pretty great and then Rebirth was the tipping point where he fell into the Lake of Lameness and soaked for a while. Surprisingly, although bad, I Am Not A Human or whatever was slightly better than Carter IV. Carter IV was seriously not even worth listening to twice, for me. Also the mixtape that came out right before it was laughably bad compared to any other mixtape.

So basically, nowhere to go but up. "Homies Still" isn't really a good sign.

Carter IV was garbage. The only highlight was the song with Andre 3000.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

temple posted:

Nas Life is Good: I haven't finished it. Should I?

Nope, the best songs were the first couple.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

TenaciousTomato posted:

I love how every time I turn around someone's suing Mac Miller for millions of dollars for stealing good music because his is terrible

I don't understand everyone's fascination with Mac Miller. He isn't that great and raps about the same thing over and over again. Maybe I am not listening to the right songs? I dunno.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

thathonkey posted:

Just listened to Dedication 4, poo poo is pretty disappointing. After the abomination that was the Carter IV I don't know why I expected anything else. It is pretty clear that Dedication 2 will now go down as Wayne's best mixtape of his career. Am I missing something?

I was a huge fan of No Ceilings. But as the guy above me said, Drought 3 was great. Drought 1 is one of my favs too.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

epic funhaver posted:

someone here should make a tumblr or somweting where they rehost datpiff/mixtapes in general properly tagged. i would do it but i'm a lazy fucker

That's one thing I've never understood. poo poo is easy to do, just do it on datpiff. Annoying. But great resource for music, so I won't complain too much.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

thathonkey posted:

Big Boi's live show was good when I saw him at Bonnaroo a couple years ago. He had a band so it wasn't just him and a handful of mediocre hype-men on stage. But yeah most major artist rap shows are horrendous. I like going to see battle raps at a local club though, best way to see live stuff like that imho.

I was front and center at that poo poo. He was loving awesome.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

the black husserl posted:

After going back and reviewing their discography, I think Malice was the real talent in the group. Compare their verses on "Kinda Like a Big Deal". Malice absolutely destroys Pusha-T.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diEVUSBnNc8

I always thought this as well. Malice was the bigger talent in the group.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

THNDRTHF posted:

someone prolly posted this but drat it goes hard

Joey Bada$$ - Survival Tactics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDWAk8-leVA

Page or so back, but it's got me hooked.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Anyone know why the datpiff.com mixtapes don't show up on the iphone under artists?

Annoying as gently caress.

This Jeezy tape is great.

e: Oh, you have to manually go in and make sure all the info is filled out. Oh well, worth it!

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 13, 2012

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

unofficial or not, i'm diggin this

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
loving no, god dammit

I loved his verses on 1999

so young, very talented, sad day

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Farm Frenzy posted:

nothings really the specific death grips sound but pretty much any shouty "trap" or grime scratches that itch for me without annoying me after a while. https://soundcloud.com/darqefreaker/say-it-right-now-darq-e
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odAUGyNMZsk
etc etc

Did I see Big KRIT in the background of this video?

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I liked both of them, but Malice always caught my ear a bit more.

I did see them in concert at the Metro in Chicago WAYYYY back in like 2006. That poo poo was awesome.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I'm really enjoying CZARFACE. Rebel INS really brought it and this is my first introduction into Esoteric.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

caveman thug poo poo posted:

really surprised (pffft) to only see two other mentions of CZARFACE cause holy moly its great..

I initially gave it a quick once-over and wasn't impressed but I'm listening to it now with headphones and yeaah man.. I can deal with this

has 7L always been this retarded? i know Esoteric and Deck well enough but 7L is impressive here for sure

I am very surprised how little it's being talked about. It's fantastic.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

hobbez posted:

Ok so what Danny Brown album should I get.

I'm a big fan of his "Detroit State of Mind" series of Mixtapes.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Seeing Ghostface tomorrow night, pretty psyched about it. I love the new album.

It's a good warmup to see Wu-Tang at Bonnaroo this year.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Johnny Truant posted:

What'd you think of the show? I saw him in Chicago the night of the 26th and almost walked out.

I loved it. Once I get back to my computer at home ill put up some pictures.

My wife told Killah Priest that his pants were ready to fall down (dude wears bikini cut underwear, lol). So he was interacting with our group all night. During the encore we all started moshing. And he was moshing with us from the stage. It was awesome.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Johnny Truant posted:

Bad Ghostface Experience.

I had the opposite experience, but I also don't know much about music and generic beats, etc and so forth.

We were front and center and Killah Priest interacted with our group the entire time, which was badass. I will admit Venice Dawn did play too long as the intro to Ghostface (coulda cut that time in half), but the venue was hopping. They had one too many opening acts (3 + Venice Dawn before GFK), but two of them were actually pretty good, so that was fine. The show started at 9:30 and we left at a little after 1. GFK was up there for over an hour though.

My buddy got the setlist signed by Adrian Younge and Killah Priest.

All in all, I had a great time, but then again, I haven't had a bad concert experience. I can get into about anything live and I just have a fun time with it all.

• Locked thread