Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Every should watch the music video of Cam'Ron's "Girls Cry" featuring Vado. Classic Cam track and a hilarious video to go with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW8mPw7Og5k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Threatis posted:

anyone heard the b.o.b. diss on Tyler yet?

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/singles/id.14325/title.bob-no-future-odd-future-diss

he references muffins.
This is perhaps the worst rap beef I've ever encountered. It's almost worse than Haystak/ICP vs Eminem.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

This thread gets progressively worse every time I read it.

But in line with the Ghostface blog linked earlier, I just want to promote the gently caress out of the audiobook The World According To Pretty Toney and recommend everyone obtain a copy ASAP. Stop reading this and place your order. It will change your life.

Not on board, yet? Watch this collection of video shorts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahbTTJlWnmI

"The Hustler's Diet" is especially invaluable in these hard economic times.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Honestly this should be posted in a sticky in the Watch & Weight subforum.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

You should have known better. I'm mostly banned from the sound system at house parties when I'm around familiar people.

It appears in 2011 no one really wants to hear cuts from Nore. You can't tell these young'ns poo poo about "Oh No".

Jock Mocken posted:

Which reminds me, you put me onto Playa Fly in that old discussion. What do you think of that "Blast Off" joint? I really love the line "Pop like a firecracker, cut like a weedwhacker, been a cheesehead, Green Bay Packer" for some reason
Not crazy about the beat, but Fly went in. He hasn't lost a step. I didn't get too excited about it though because Mafia All Day seeing the light of day looks about as promising as Detox. The guy has been out of prison for 6 years now and we have about two tracks to show for?

I think a lot of my love for Fly just comes from nostalgia though. He was basically my favorite rapper in grade and middle school. Then I discovered Illmatic and Reasonable Doubt and my hard-on for 90s east coast was born.

As far as the Memphis megapost, I could probably be assed to do another one. Or maybe just a dirty south one in general which I believe I've posted before too. If I have a lazy Sunday I'll piece one together.

vanbags fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Apr 2, 2011

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Backup Snacks posted:

So after only hearing his radio tracks, Who Killed Hip Hop, and Slaughterhouse/Shady 2.0 joints, I'm listening to the Mood Muzik tapes for the first time. I don't know why I slept on Budden for the most part for so long, this poo poo's ill.
You should definitely check out Padded Room and Escape Route which I think are two albums he released digitally. The latter is very loving dark, which isn't saying much for Budden, but I think it's darker than a majority of his material.

"Blood On The Wall" is probably my favorite Budden song. The first verse he casually raps about his brother getting killed and then randomly decides to completely decapitate Prodigy in the second verse.

Also let's not forget the man who fathered Aubrey Graham was from Memphis. The M-Town connection is complete.

vanbags fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 3, 2011

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

err posted:

Didn't really dig MM4
Glad I'm not the only one. I can't even pinpoint what I don't like about it, but it just lacks the replay value of the rest of the series.

I'm trying to figure out why "Ordinary Love poo poo 1 & 2" didn't make the record because they're honestly the best poo poo he's done in awhile.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

I thought he was lackluster on the 2.0 Boys track. It's like he was uninspired or something. Meanwhile Ortiz and Crooked realized they were sharing a track with Eminem and completely spazzed out.

Hope the guy's not going into a decline now that's he finally getting his second shot at the industry. But then there's a part of me that realizes he genuinely doesn't a give a poo poo about his second shot at the industry. :(

Also I've never seen something like this since the days of Crooked I taking over the Wake Up Show studios.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Backup Snacks posted:

I'm not sure what was up with the beginning of that Greenlantern video but the freestyle was fire.
It was Joey being emo as usual.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

"They ain't super or Luigi or Mario, ain't found that power
Plus they couldn't spit fire if they found that flower"

"You don't move white you lying dog
But that's a Neverending Story, without the white flying dog"

"As far as rappers I'm thinking they're frauds
Call 'em all Rubix Cubes cause I really used to think they was hard"

"You Terrell Owens, them niggas that wear eagles they don't even want to gently caress with you"

"6 Minutes of Death" with Joe Budden, Jae Millz, and Stack Bundles is pretty much punchlines from start to finish.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Aggro posted:

What else should I pick up by him? Wiki lists a few digital albums and four mixtapes -- how many of those are worth grabbing?
Everything is worth grabbing aside from Halfway House which is easily his weakest effort. Don't sleep on his debut album though. A lot of people get wrapped up in the Mood Muzik series and the Slaughterhouse stuff, but his debut is very good.

"10 Minutes" is hardly ever brought up when discussing Joe but it's one of his better songs. It also displays his voice before the cigarettes completely hosed him up.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

First time I've ever heard that. Powerful poo poo.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Teepkick Shakur posted:

He probably shouldnt name his album that.
Why not? I mean just look at all of the success former Shady artists such as Ca$his, Stat Quo, and Bobby Creekwater have gained since getting the endorsement from the white boy.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Jock Mocken posted:

so a post in phiz got me to thinking about how good of a time for mainstream rap 03/04 was and in the process of some googling I found this list of the best singles of the last decade, ego trip style. Y'all should check it out, for as many times as I was nodding my head like "drat straight!" there were a bunch more where I was either "ohhhhh poo poo I forgot about that!" or even just straight up "never heard that"
Wow, great find.

I'm scratching my head as to why Pastor Troy's "Vica Versa" isn't on there though.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

dethkon posted:

Oh poo poo, this is really good. Aight goons, get me catched up on Ransom quick!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

HatchetDown posted:

Who does pretty good rapid fire that isn't Tech or Twista?
T-Rock from ATL. He used to run Hypnotized Minds.

So High
No Remorse

But in all honesty Tonedeff is going to be the best you'll find.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Chade Johnson posted:

What do you mean by "used to run?" As he was best in the camp or he was on the business side?
Haha. Actually I meant to type "used to run with" but apparently left out a word.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

The Berzerker posted:

http://www.complex.com/music/2011/04/complex-exclusive-we-found-earl-sweatshirt

didn't see this posted. free earl lol
Am I the only one who is convinced OFWGKTA and Earl's "disappearance" is just some elaborate PR stunt?

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Joe Budden - Ordinary Love poo poo Pt 3

Aka the Esther Baxter diss. Probably the most personal song I've ever heard the guy make. I don't know if I enjoy it for its honesty or think it's highly pathetic that he would bring this high school poo poo to the public.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Joe Budden - Spring Training

Joe is back in his diss phase, this time going at Canibus and Arsenal (yes the battle rapper from GT).

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Chade Johnson posted:

Canibus already ate a niggas rear end once Joey wants it again?
Canibus lost his privilege to diss anyone after Eminem's "Can-I-Bitch"

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

What the gently caress is "going hard" in this particular case?

If all else fails just name drop "Victory"

vanbags fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 15, 2011

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Glad to see Drake back on his So Far Gone poo poo.

"Dreams Money Can Buy"

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Why isn't Pusha T bigger than he is? I mean the guy raps about the same poo poo as anyone else: girls, money, cars, and cocaine. "Alone In Vegas" was my favorite track off Fear of God and the video is just as great.

"Alone In Vegas" video.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

heel turn posted:

He said he was waiting on sample clearance to set a release date. Workout is the first official single from the album, so I'd say it'll be coming sometime soon.
I'm already irked about the album. "In The Morning" was the perfect single to run with. Or even "Who Dat".

Instead we get some bullshit like "Workout" which will inevitably doom the album commercially. That is if he doesn't get the Joe Budden treatment where his album gets released like 6 months after the hype dies down.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

"Y'all went 3 feet and ain't rised since"

Not bad, Pac.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Alhazred posted:

Was there any rappers on the eastside that 2Pac didn't have beef with it?
The Wu and Naughty By Nature. Basically anyone that was considered "real" he didn't want beef with. So he stuck to dissing Nas, Mobb Deep, Biggie, and Jay-Z.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

cardedagain posted:

I remember hearing on the "in his own words" album that he was going to work with Boot Camp Click for his "One Nation" album.
Funny enough, Biggie and BCC actually had their own little beef back then.

In one of the videos for OGC's "No Fear" they are dissing Foxy Brown and Biggie lookalikes.

vanbags fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 1, 2011

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

KettleWL posted:

According to P he, rock, and Buckshot were always pretty cool with Biggie. It was more of a crew thing than a legit beef between those three and Biggie. OGC being included in the crew though.
Well, Biggie was always the type of guy who never wanted to entertain any type of beef or drama.

But I'm pretty sure after OGC took it public with that video it escalated into a legitimate beef. Like, I remember hearing from Starang Wondah himself that Junior Mafia caught him in the studio and put a beating on him.

After Big died I think the hatchet was buried though before it got too bad. Then again there's the conspiracy theorists who want to link BCC to his murder.

As far as Biggie having "beef" with anyone you'll be hard-pressed to make a case. He didn't want any part of anything. You saw how disrespectful 2pac got and the guy was just "whatever" about it.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

alansmithee posted:

Nah Jay-Z's been vastly overrated throughout his whole career.
"I went from the favorite to the most hated
But would you rather be underpaid or overrated?"

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

It always disappoints me when people talk about 90s rap and leave out The LOX. They get absolutely no shine at all.

"Money, Power, & Respect"
"Last Day"
"C.R.E.A.M. Freestyle"
"Chest 2 Chest"

Oh yeah and they went hard that one time on Nickelodeon's All That. That was probably Puff's fault though.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

cryme posted:

Enjoy two albums then, I guess
And loads of mixtape poo poo, which is arguably some of their best. Most of their solo albums are quality too with exception to Sheek Louch.

vanbags fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 22, 2011

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

I don't know much about Kreayshawn and The Game is pretty much irrelevant right now but "Gucci Gucci" is dope as gently caress when Wayne's rapping on it.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

X is back. Now let's keep him off those drugs and lock him in the studio long enough to get at least one worthwhile album.

DMX & Busta Rhymes - Otis Freestyle

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Is no one else listening to Boss Of All Bosses 2.8 with Cam & Vado?

SLIIIIME!

I swear Vado is the most slept on rapper out right now.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Pusha T did some justice to the "Dreams Money Can Buy" beat.

"Don't gently caress With Me"

I'm excited to hear some new Pusha T, but I don't exactly know what he's promoting. Fear of God 2 only has like 3 new songs.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

What's better than a new Pusha T record? A new Pusha T record that samples Ric Flair.

What Dreams Are Made Of

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

the black husserl posted:

A Pusha T record that actually managed to be half as good as his "hell hath no fury" days? No wonder Malice is preaching
Are you one of those people that didn't like Fear of God?

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Teepkick Shakur posted:

Sorry I cant relate. There are songs that I like more than others but not a single jawn on the joint i dont ejaw...enjoy.
I knew you had my back.

Fear of God was great. I don't exactly know what you mean by "fizzle". It was a free mixtape so if you were expecting some huge commercial boom from Pusha I don't know what to tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Anyone still listening to Demigodz? I guess they're coming out with a new album.

Demigodz - Demigodz Is Back

Celph murders as usual.

• Locked thread