Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Okay, so here's my question: do you (serious hip-hop heads) genuinely dislike Aesop Rock and/or think he's a bad rapper, or is the issue just exasperation with all the indie kids who are like "Aesop is the best rapper ever, this is what hip-hop should be."

(Yeah, I'm a white dude from indie kid roots, and I liked Aesop years before I actually liked hip-hop in general, but I've been listening to lots of hip-hop for the past couple years, and I just revisited Aesop and still think his stuff is pretty drat good.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Backup Snacks posted:

Oh wait, you said "serious hip-hop heads" but in the SAGSKTA, that term is reserved for a few prestigious posters. :angel:

Haha, good to know. Your opinion still counts, most people in the thread are still probably higher up on the hip-hop knowledge scale than I am...

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Perpetual Ascent posted:

Blue Sky Black Death on the beats? Sold without even listening

Any recommendation on other great BSBD productions? I'm enjoying For the Glory--I like rap by dudes who like playing with words--but especially liking the beats.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

temple posted:

MNIMN, thumbs down. Maybe I'm tired by its bland compared to stuff I've already heard. I'm not surprised but there goes another shot on the NMD Raps Roulette.

I wondered if this would be the response. I'm enjoying a bunch of MNIMN. What should I be listening to if I *haven't* heard that much a lot like it?

edit: thanks. Yeah, never actually listened to Hell Hath No Fury, assumed that would be one rec. I do often like the particularly good Neptunes productions.

onefish fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 8, 2013

• Locked thread