Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

Roymega posted:

Edit: Where'd this B.o.B diss even come from? He just trying to feed off Tyler's hype? I never took him for a diss track type of artist.. And yeah, I can see why.. Just a lame track lyrically, the beat wasn't bad though.. Bet Tyler would tear it up haha

Might be something he kinda does to stay relevant, he put out this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBaXwRQQciI
a few years before he got out bigger and while its directed at the whole industry I bet don't need to tell you who he's mocking in the middle

At least Autotune is kinda funny, that track is just baaaddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
The best part about Joe Budden is hearing other rappers tear him apart on diss tracks. Saigon's will always be my favorite

There's usually one day every three months I'll listen to Budden, and the lyrics are pretty nice, and then the next day I can't stand him because of that loving monotone voice

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

farmtrill posted:

honestly its pretty bad

Jock Mocken posted:

yeah get the intro track Chuuuch! off of Trill OG and ignore the rest

Man, I remember saying this on release day and people were calling me crazy

I think Chuuch!, Trilllinare, and the Just Like That make a decent little block, then the album just tuns to mush

iceberg sleaz posted:

I just thought you guys might dig this.. some random southern poo poo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1S7iBjbaAg
This ain't too bad

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
It's weird hearing Budden on a track where it actually sounds like he cares/is interested about what he's saying

vanbags posted:

I don't know if I enjoy it for its honesty or think it's highly pathetic that he would bring this high school poo poo to the public.

Yeah I feel the exact same. It's a really well put together joint but ehhhhh

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Holy poo poo, I remember checking up on Elmatic around this time last year and after seeing nothing I just assumed it was dead. poo poo's good too.

Also the Killer Mike tape is pretty good. After Pledge Allegiance to the Grind II (which owned) Mike seemed to go whack (Mike Bigga???) and I had assumed that Pl3dge would be bad, but now I'm looking forward to it again

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

Jock Mocken posted:

Ya'll know that Last King 2 was more of a compilation of stuff KRIT has done recently than an actual project right? There's only a couple songs that are only on there; "Pimps" is actually a Tity Boi* song and has a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1HEN3t3SIc

Is it just me or does Bun look really awkward here?

*who I guess is just gonna go by 2 Chainz now? Can't blame him

Ah okay, that explains it. I really don't get to keep up with the scene that much anymore so I was wondering how K.R.I.T got that much Pimp C material for a mixtape (And I hadn't listened to the "new" Pimp C album because Jesus Christ James Prince, let the man loving rest)

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Joe is a better than average lyricist who also happens to be a loving terrible rapper

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Edit: Woops, wrong window sorry

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

farmtrill posted:

if u are going for french then grab coke boys 2, that poo poo is a masterpiece, best rap release of last year, i will fight that to the death. NO ONE was loving with that.

Thanks for this, I never really heard of French before I got Cocaine Mafia and was really impressed (got it the same time as TM103 and Cocain Mafia was loads better). Anything else you suggest

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Feb 2, 2012

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
I live in Japan and understand enough Japanese to follow those somewhat and that poo poo sucks dog

I confess that maybe I'm missing out on some super complex obscure word play but it sounds bad enough that I'm not gonna try to figure it out

EDIT: Am much as I love it here, I doubt a country where a dude getting busted for growing his own weed is front page news can produce good rap

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Please refer to him by using his proper Christian name, Tity Boi

Thank you, and God Bless

Anyway, I've been away for a while, what's good that's dropped in the last 3-4 months outside of Kanye, Killer Mike, and Gibbs

EDIT: FFFFfffuck in just a few days it will be one year since Jock posted. Come back Jock...

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jul 30, 2013

• Locked thread