Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk

brc64 posted:

Could you let me know how you like the dual-wielding two Google Voice numbers? I'd like to keep my GV number AND move my Sprint number over. If I could move my GV number over to another account, I might. Ideally, I'd like to be able to text from both numbers, from my desk, in a browser, in different tabs.

I know that I want to be able to do weird things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk

goku chewbacca posted:

A line on my account just got an Evo 3D, and its still on Gingerbread 2.3.3 even with the newest update. Is there any way to get gchat with video working? Can I just install a gtalk.apk extracted from a miui.us or cm7 rom from an Evo4G? Android apps are designed to scale across different resolutions/pixel density, right?

The last I saw is that it will run on Sense based ROMs but you needed to flash from recovery and the front camera is always sideways/upside down. You are out of luck...for now.

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk
So anyway, back to Sprint talk.

The wife is getting tired of her Pre. I don't blame her. Contract is up in September and she can upgrade in July I guess. What is coming up fairly soonish? Blackberry need not apply.

- Battery life is a priority
- Physical keyboard would be nice, but she will be fine without one.
- Nothing huge. She thinks my Evo is enormous. She has small hands anyway.

She loves the ease of use for WebOS and as much as I would hate her to do it, she'd get a Pre 3 on Sprint if that were an option...which doesn't look like it's happening anyway.

I told her it's very likely that she'll have to jump to VZW iPhone for something that's Pre-like. Is there something rumored that I'm not aware of that will make her happy?

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk

Alman posted:

Has she tried using the HTC Arrive? It's WP7 but it's very nice and has one of the best physical keyboards on the market.

No, I'll have her check it out though. I haven't used a WP7 phone yet, but I used to have a couple old WM 6.1 phones. Have they really gotten their poo poo together?

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk

brc64 posted:

Are you running CyanogenMod? Because the stock UI only displays 3G. It's possible that got changed in a later update, I guess, but I am 100% certain that when the phone launched, there was no 1x indicator. It was a bit of a controversy at the time.

I have a 4G and it tells me when I'm roaming. I'm using a stock-ish ROM.

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk

Lutha Mahtin posted:

The rep I live-chatted with...

...Hopefully he's not full of crap.

Please don't get your hopes up because of this guy specifically.

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk

Blakkout posted:

Are we going to be able to get this on the $40 SERO Plan? My Touch Pro 1 can't handle much more use.

I will eat my hat and 10 other hats if that ever happened.

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk

Mark Larson posted:

Since its a SERO account that we're TOL'ing, is there something special/sekrit that you have to do to get the new tentative account SERO-eligible?

I thought they stopped allowing this? I TOL'd my old SERO account and there was nothing special that had to be done.

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk
I have one line with a corporate discount and one line with a (free) Airrave on it. Is there anything I can say to get my contract fulfilled with these new discount changes? I've called and they've said no. I'm tired of the network. Even when I have good signal, it's painfully slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk
Thanks. I was trying for the easiest way for me, but none of my options are really that hard. My ETF is not really that bad anyway.