Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gaan kak
Jul 22, 2007

RAP APOLOGIST

Ozmodiar posted:

Yes. It was linked earlier in the thread. Premier changes on April 1st, and if you don't/can't upgrade before then, you're out of luck.

Basically, the general consensus was "it's really lovely of Sprint to not give everyone a "one last upgrade"...but they didn't and there's nothing anyone can do about it".

What if I can upgrade on April 1st? I'm the non-primary line on a Premier Silver account, if it matters. Does that mean that the primary line's upgrade (scheduled for June 1st) will just evaporate come April 1st?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gaan kak
Jul 22, 2007

RAP APOLOGIST

Mahoning posted:

-helpful stuff-

Ok, it looks like both of the upgrades I was curious about are going to be valid. Is there a time-limit to use an upgrade? I want to wait for the Evo 3D before I burn mine. In the meanwhile, I just bought a used HTC Hero (to replace my 6 year old Katana...) and want to get into rooting. From what I've read, the Hero isn't the most responsive phone in the world, but I figure a mild overclock and a good ROM could go a long way.

Ultimately, anything is a huge step forward from the garbage I have now :)

gaan kak
Jul 22, 2007

RAP APOLOGIST
so my 3VO has a busted charging port... what are my options here? What an irritating loving design flaw. 4G had it, why was it not corrected?