Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I ported my sprint # to google voice and now I can't use Handcent to do SMS with.
It only shows up in the google voice app. That wouldn't be so bad but swype refuses to give me an enter key in it, where Handcent lets me chose whether it will be the enter key or a smiley key.
Noticfications are still checked in Handcent, I even tried uninstalling the google voice app to see if that would help but I couldn't get any new messages until I re-installed it.
What do I try now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Well duh I should have thought of that.
So now it works but I am getting double notifications one in Handcent and one for google voice.
I don't see any option to turn off SMS notifications for just google voice.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Is the 3g network down for some reason in the winchester va area?
I haven't been able to get a connection all day.
Just took a walk and found some free wifi so I could check my email and stuff.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Alman posted:

I don't see any issues being reported in the area. Dumb question but I have to ask, have you tried restarting?

Tried restarting it a few times this morning.
Just tried it again and now it works.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I use about 6 gigs a month on 3g using my phone as my primary internet connection.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

You shouldn't have to pay.

And if I remember right that was my evo that I swapped to you. RIP :/

Do you have any documentation about the evo charging port issue?
I'm at a sprint store right now trying to get them to swap it.
They are wanting to charge me the 100 fee :(

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

I can look out up, but it's a known issue. The problem is differentiating between a known issue under warranty (note: covered outside of warranty in this case too) and physical damage that would void any warranty. And unfortunately, if the pins are damaged and not connected to the board, that wouldn't be covered. Does it charge at all?

Sometimes, for the last week or so it's been having to be laid in a certain way to charge. Friday I woke up and it was completely dead. I got it to charge up for a bit, but it died again. I hadn't gotten it to charge since then.

I'm still under warranty so going to call them tomorrow and see what's up.
They gave me a different battery at the store and it seems to be charging for now.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I've had my EVO back from getting the charger port fixed for about 2-3 weeks now and I just noticed today that the case along the one corner isn't as tightly sealed as the rest of it. I popped the back cover off and it looks like they overtightened one of the screws and it pulled through the plastic. Do I have any recourse for this or am I SOL because it took me a few weeks to notice it?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

What should the price for an unlimited plan with 2 lines cost?
Trying to figure out if I'm getting shafted too.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I had an experience at a corp store like that I took the product with me and called sprint customer care and they sent a return kit and I mailed it back to them directly. It left such a bad impact that I'm going later this week to switch to T-Mobile after 10 or so years with sprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

With this merger will t mobile start using sprint's network right away? I was on sprint for a long time but switched to t mobile back at the beginning of the year after getting tired of terrible customer service. Everything's been fine with it except that at work with t mobile I can't get a data connection inside no problem with the sprint network before. I had a galaxy s10 with sprint and have a galaxy s10 with t mobile not the same phone.
I'm off work for now until god knows when but it might be nice to use the phone indoors when I get back.