Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mtr
May 15, 2008

Mahoning posted:

Good news: for many premier silver customers who lost their yearly upgrades, corporate sprint stores can now honor it until I think 6/30. Pretty awesome.

Also: blackberry fans (if there are any left) the style price is dropping on 5/1 to free.

Woah.

Now when you say "lost their upgrade", do you mean the people that were eligible for upgrade on 4/1 that lost it because of the change. Or will the people who bought the Evo in June 2010 also be eligible in June 2011 now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mtr
May 15, 2008

Alman posted:

Did anyone see this? :raise:

http://www.mobilebusinessbriefing.com/article/sprint-linked-to-data-pricing-strategy-switch-next-week

I'm not sure I believe this for two reasons - first, the "unlimited" ad campaign that was just run, and secondly, the whole point of the $10 was to preclude going to this system.

This is not for cell phone plans. This is for connection cards, mobile hotspots, tablets, and other data only devices.

I think this price tier is $10 cheaper than the usual price, but you have to have a cell phone with a data plan already.

mtr
May 15, 2008

Mistikman posted:

Does this mean that if I have sprint number A and google voice number B, and I integrate to only have number B, my texts still come from number A?

MMS sent from you will appear as number A. SMS (texts) sent from you will be from number B.

mtr
May 15, 2008

ThermoPhysical posted:

I'm looking into getting the Nexus S 4G but I'm new to postpaid I have a few questions.

1. Yes you can just use 3G.
2. Chappy is a Sprint employee of some sort and posted this earlier in the thread.

Chappy posted:

Feel free to put this info in the OP. My info for eprp is as follows :

Clinton.Chapman@sprint.com 530.

They are actually wanting us to give this info out to anyone that wants it now, so feel free to use it for anyone you want. Give it to your loving mailman if he wants eprp.

But please use mine and not that dude from the blog. They are giving prizes and stuff for people with the most referrals.

3. I think EPRP is out of stock of the higher end phones fairly often. I would imagine they would have the Nexus S in stock when it launches, but you might have to be quick ordering it.
4. I can't remember how this worked, but I think your first bill will include two months of service. Don't quote me on that, though.

mtr
May 15, 2008

ShowTime posted:

I was checking out the sprintusers.com forum when looking for evo 3d release date/pre-order info and found a thread where a CSR rep from the Sprint Premier team volunteered to help with upgrades lost when they were dropped to Premier silver.

Here is the thread: http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219278

Maybe that can help with that bunch of people from the last 2 pages who were having issues.

I did this through that thread. I bought my Evo last June and had lost my upgrade when my Premier status changed.

It took about a week after PMing the Sprint guy in that thread. The one thing that sucked is that those forums require 10 posts before sending PMs, so I had to go around to different forums and post good content in 10 threads before I could PM the Sprint guy.

I'd imagine you could call and get your upgrade back or maybe email e-care. This way is pretty hands off though. The only time consuming aspect is getting 10 posts on sprintusers.

mtr
May 15, 2008
Sprint's website states "NOW WITH ANDROID™ 2.3" for the Evo 4G.

I don't know whether this means new phones are shipping with it and that current phone users can expect an upgrade soon, or it's an error.

mtr
May 15, 2008
In preparation for the Evo 3D launch, I'm going to sell my Evo on craigslist or Ebay. I know the obvious step of deleting my SD card and reverting the phone back to factory settings, but for some reason I think I remember reading (maybe in this thread) that there is some code I should look up/erase/change so that whoever gets my phone has no chance of doing anything with my Sprint account.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I've googled around and websites just say "revert it to factory settings", but I feel like there's one more step to be completely safe.

mtr
May 15, 2008

McPhearson posted:

Yeah, reverting to factory settings doesn't remove the programming information. To completely remove everything go to the dialer, press ##786#, enter your MSL, then hit reset.

This of course assumes you know your MSL, but you can call sprint and get that info.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was thinking about. I know my MSL from when I installed Cyanogen mod.

Which brings me to my next question. What's the etiquette on selling a rooted phone? I plan on flashing it back to my stock Sense recovery image and updating it with the newest 2.3 OTA, but can I leave it rooted when I sell it? Will 95% of people who might buy it even notice that it's rooted?

mtr
May 15, 2008
When will reviews for the Evo 3D start rolling in? Holding off on preordering until I can read up a bit more on it.

mtr
May 15, 2008
I want to swap my Sprint account back to my old Treo Pro (bleh) for a couple weeks before the 3D comes out. When I do this online, Sprint says that my account requires a plan change. I currently have the ED450 plan for $69 + the $10 smartphone fee, which I'm assuming applies to the Treo Pro now as well. Is the Treo Pro old enough to not be considered for the $10 fee?

So why require the plan change? I would just click on ED450 again, but I have a corporate discount as well as a monthly reoccurring credit that I don't want to lose.

mtr
May 15, 2008

TLG James posted:

Because they require all Smart Phones to have the 10 dollar fee now. It tells you that when you originally switch online too. It says you cannot go back to the old plan.

Yes but I already have that fee for my Evo. I was expecting absolutely nothing to change on my plan going from the Evo to the Treo Pro. The only difference I can see is that if I do this I think I get the 300 extra minutes added on.

Edit: Just did a web chat and the lady swapped phones without messing with the plan.

Edit2: And it appears that the $10 fee has disappeared from my account. I guess that was what required the plan change.

mtr fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 11, 2011

mtr
May 15, 2008

big mean giraffe posted:

Evos aren't really that big. They're certainly larger than other, smaller phones (obviously,) but still fit just fine in a normal sized pair of men's pants. Maybe if you're one of those girl jeans wearing guys or whatever it won't fit, but other than that it's really not an issue.

Careful saying that. Most people consider Evos huge. If you protect it with a case it gets even larger. Before buying one sight unseen, I would suggest that someone wears their favorite pair of pants to a phone store to see how it fits in a pocket, even if they aren't a "girl jeans wearing guy".

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

I sent a PM to that guy on SprintUsers a couple weeks ago to get my date moved up (bought an EVO last June, want to move to the 3D) and haven't heard back from him. There wouldn't happen to be any Sprint-affiliated topic readers here who could do that for me, would there?

The only thing that bugs me so far about the 3D is, well, the 3D aspect of it. Everything else looks great.

It took me at least a couple weeks for my upgrade to get restored through the guy at Sprintusers. He was swamped back then and might be even more so now. Has the guy been posting in the thread recently with updates of users who have had their updates restored? If not, he might be MIA.

And the 3D has a physical button on the phone to switch between 2D and 3D. If you don't want 3D, then you can switch it off before you even turn the phone on.

mtr
May 15, 2008

Protip posted:

Has anyone here picked up the Seidio Active for their Evo 3d?

While the otterbox defender provides some excellent protection the Seidio Active reminds me a lot of the case I have on my ipod touch from switcheasy that I really like. I think it just released though so I can't find very many pictures or reviews of it yet.

I have this for the Evo 4G and I highly recommend it. The case for the 3D looks to be made the exact same way as the 4G case. The only problem I've had with it is that if you drop it directly on one of the plastic corners, there's a good chance that the plastic corner snaps off. All four of my plastic corners are gone, but the plastic backing can still attach using the middle two "hooks".

It feels good in your hand, the plastic backing offers a good surface for the phone to sit on, and I have no physical damage to the phone even when I've dropped it from 3 or 4 feet onto the ground.

mtr
May 15, 2008
I know that Sprint's network was messed up a few days ago, but is anyone else still having problems?

Two of my friends who are on Verizon have texted me in the past day and I haven't received any of the texts. I'm trying to determine if it's Sprint or my phone causing the problem. Google Voice hasn't even picked up on the texts, so I think it's Sprint?

Edit: I've tested this a little further now. It appears I can send texts to anyone. I can receive texts from one of my Sprint friends. But I cannot receive texts from Verizon people. Testing with AT%T right now.

mtr fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 13, 2011

mtr
May 15, 2008
I bought a launch day Evo so I've had an upgrade available for over a year, but I've been hesitant to sign another 2 year contract and upgrade to the newest phones. I'm seeing some 16GB Galaxy S3's on craigslist around $350-400, is that a reasonable deal? I'm assuming these are people that upgraded their phones and just want the cash now (I'd be certain to check the ESN before paying).

mtr
May 15, 2008

theDOWmustflow posted:

Dear God I had no idea I could go back to SERO. Just made the call today but ffs I've been on EPRP ever since the HTC EVO came out epicide:

Did you just switch back? I similarly switched to an everything plan for the Evo 4G but did know I could switch back to SERO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mtr
May 15, 2008

some texas redneck posted:

My contract expires Thursday. Between the cheaper rates offered by T-Mobile's prepaid 4G, and Sprint's lackluster LTE coverage and speeds, I'm ready to say good riddance. Also, the Nexus 4 :swoon:

I'm right there with you. Nexus 4s are supposed to be back in stock today at 3pm EST. I have seen zero mention of cincinnati (and most of Ohio) for network vision upgrades, so it's time for me to switch.