Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

After doing way too much cross-shopping, it looks like Sprint is my only option for a cellphone in central WI. Also, my job gives me a 20 or 21 percent discount with sprint. I'm wondering if I pick up a contract but bring my own Sprint phone instead of getting one of the subsidized ones, does that subsidy get saved for later on, say when the new iphone gets released?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Duckman2008 posted:

To clarify the bring your own phone option: you still sign s contract, but you retain upgrade eligibility. You then upgrade say, 5 months later it voids the first contract and it's a two year contract from that date.

Give me a PM or email, I might be able to find some stuff for you if you want me to set everything up. Jimplaysdrums at gmail.

Awesome I'll hit you up pretty soon then. Can't wait to get off my current carrier.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I'm not sure if this should go here or the Verizon thread.

My Sprint contract ends 29 Sep. I'm planning on switching to Verizon when the iPhone 6 is released. If I switch before the 29th will I be charged an ETF fee or would it just be the final month's bill due immediately when I activate my number with Verizon? I guess I could also wait the week or two to switch, eh?

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Hahahahaha, I got suckered into that year of unlimited free promo. Tested the speed of Verizon before swapping out, was right around 22/8, not bad at all. Swapped my SIM to Sprint's and retested: .51/.27 :stare:

How the gently caress is Sprint so bad? I've been randomly testing Sprint's LTE around town and I've yet to get better than .74/1.2. :psyduck:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Sub Rosa posted:

Surprised I'm not seeing more people taking advantage of the free year of service here. I get that it is preferable to pay for something worth having than get something not worth having for free, but...

I'm still waffling over this. Every time I get sick of having terrible coverage and LTE speeds, sprint seems to magically fix itself for a day or two.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Think it's 2 months after your start date.

When I first switched to the free service Sprint was sucking donkey dicks for data speeds and I was getting like .75/.5. I dunno what happened with them in the last month but I'm consistently getting 12/5 all of a sudden and I'm not annoyed that I switched from Verizon anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Tiny Lowtax posted:

After having sprint for free for three months, I don't understand how anyone pays for this poo poo service. It's horrriiibbllleeeee. I live in the third most populated city in Michigan and work in the fourth, and the service is horrible. There's times literally nothing will load. Seriously how does this company still exist?

Yep. If I was paying for this I'd be super mad. But with it free, it's just good enough in Madison, WI that I won't go back to Verizon.