Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
You should be able to move the two lines to your boss's account right now. The upgrade eligibility date will not change. So in September when your contract is up you will be eligible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Why not just buy a used evo/shift on craigslist and keep you update for the 3d. When you use your upgrade sell the evo/shift on craigslist for basically what you paid for it.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Can you assign a secondary email to one of the numbers?

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
He means a sprint store will replace the screen on the broken evo for $100.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
You get a rebate 22 months after you used your last upgrade.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

letsgoflyers81 posted:

As of this morning the EVO 3D is available for preorder for $180 with free shipping from Amazon, Target, and Wirefly. I'm trying to figure out if any of them has an advantage over the others. I could probably get it a day or two earlier from Sprint, but I'd rather wait and save the $20.

Yeah I setup an order through the sprint page. Then saw how much sales tax is for 2 phones. So I just ordered through amazon. I'll probably pay an upgrade fee but the 20 bucks off phone price should help cover that and no tax.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

Leathal posted:

This is a real thing. I called Sprint this morning and got a straight-up $100 credit that didn't affect my upgrade. If you're close to a contract renewal or just recently did one, it's definitely worth a call.

I bought 2 3d's off amazon. I called to activate mine right now and the guy set me up and then right before we hang up he told me two of my lines qualify. The 2 I just bought the 3d's for. So I got $50 per line credit on next months bill.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
I just came over to a 3d like leathal. The roaming icon is a triangle instead of an R. I've never seen a 1x icon.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
So you have vision out of only one eye essentially? I just opened a 3d picture on my phone and closed one eye. It's not 3d unless both eyes are open.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
I want my evo 3d's browser to not stay open when I go back to the home screen and ignore it for hours.

For example. When I check the buoy surf report in the morning and it gives me the 9:30 report. I go back to the home screen and do other stuff and work for 3 hours. I open the browser back up in the afternoon and it's the 9:30 AM report I last looked at. When I refresh it doesn't always want to refresh properly. So I don't want it to stay that way.

How do I actually close the browser so that when I open it fresh in the afternoon it goes to a homepage instead of the last page I looked at?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv That's what I'm asking how to do. I'm new to android.

Hdip fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 6, 2011

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Each line has an individual upgrade date.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Fast burst camera is one of the app's I've been playing around with. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.spritefish.fastburstcamera

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Who was she sending them too is the question.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

Leathal posted:

Yup. Just flashed the firmware (need to be S OFF) and the Rom.

I haven't updated my firmware since I bought it and have been to lazy to root or learn how to do any of that. I used a lot of your recommendations for the pre. What's a good guide to get me up to ICS now? Thanks guys.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
HTC 3vo here. I upgraded to ics a few days ago and just realized I don't have a voicemail app nor do I get voicemail notifications anymore. What did I do wrong? I do not use google integration.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I suspect he'd notice if he went a few days without the Play Store, GMail, Maps and G+. I suppose he could have flashed the wrong GApps or it was corrupted somehow.

The one leathal posted.I didn't flash the virgin mobile firmware. I've never played with this stuff before so I don't really understand all I'm dting. Voicemail is all I'm missing. I have play, maps,gmail and it appears everything else. Should I try redoing just the last loading the ics Rom step?

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
If my mom upgrades her dumbphone to an evo 4g lte will they be able to transfer her contacts in store? I tried to get her to do it on the phone but that is a sticking point for her so I just wrote down what phones and what plan and left it at that.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

mastershakeman posted:

For those who've put the Virgin Mobile ICS on their E3D, is it worth it?

I'm using meanrom. I don't hate using my wife's phone which doesn't have it. I don't really notice a huge difference but I'm not a phone nerd. It's slightly better to me.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

brc64 posted:

I'm jealous. I still can't figure out what I need to do to get this update while keeping my phone rooted. From what I can tell, I'll have to update my bootloader, but I'm seeing confusing reports that people who were S-OFF (like me) and update the bootloader retain S-OFF but with a locked bootloader. I don't understand it at all.

Why not just install the latest version of meanrom? It's based on the sprint release isn't it?

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

TLG James posted:

Anyone running Mean Rom on the evo 3d? If I reboot my phone, it seems to forget my default keyboard of swiftkey and goes back to the stock. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I use the stock keyboard so I"m not sure. The first time I tried to use meanrom I had to do a "superwipe" to get it to install correctly.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

Hell if they kicked him off no ETF then whatever, sell the phone for apricot and switch to a carrier with better data speeds. Maybe god is just telling him sprint sucks in his area.

I'll buy his phone for an apricot.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
I have $8 TEP on two evo 3d's. There's no reason for me to keep paying for that right? Seems like that's $16 a month I could use to buy diapers.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

FlyingCheese posted:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1951101

This seems to be pretty popular on XDA, never ran it myself though. Make the jump to CM10, you won't regret it.

Does everything work in CM10?

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
I have a few months left on my contract and don't think I'll renew. That being said my wife's and my evo 3d's are dying. I have phantom touch screen issues and her case is bent from a couple drops. Anyone have an old phone or two like the GSII lying around for cheap?

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
There's an app or something to do it which was discussed not to long ago in this thread. Sorry I don't know anymore than that.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Two evo 3d's here. I'm leaving on the 27th when my contract is up. Can I just leave for free now then? Or should I just wait til the 27th and not even bother trying to figure this out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Here is a whole thread of people going through arbitration with at&t.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3551176