Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

If you already have SERO, hold onto that plan within the grip of your cold, dead hands.

Almost 4 years and counting! Thanks first iteration of this thread!

I can't wait until the Nexus S is released and I get to be a smug jerk with the newest shiny gizmo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

Mahoning posted:

Eligibility stuff.

This was super helpful, thank you.

Is anyone else shocked at how useful and seemingly painless this GV backend integration with Sprint is? I'm not used to such a convenient and free feature from a large cell phone company.

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

plester1 posted:

Wait, is it active for you now? I thought it was still a few months away.

No, not active yet. Maybe I am being foolish and assuming that it will be a smooth rollout.

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

Gazaville Slugger posted:

I am using a loving HTC Hero still and I plan on waiting. It's only a couple more months. I'll live.

I'm still using a Motorola Q!

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

Stupid question, but if I have the ye olde SERO plan, how do I order a new phone/upgrade to a 4G phone with the least amount of service disruption. Go through the sprint.com store?

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

Mistikman posted:

Call the SERO phone number in the OP and say you want to upgrade your service to the 4g SERO plan, then they will happily transfer you to phone sales which will handle everything else you need (and if you are lucky like me, waive all fees)

Thanks!

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

Myrddin Emrys posted:

The same thing happened on my Evo when I switched to Google Voice integration. Texts would come in only through Google Voice, not through Messaging. I turned off the Google Voice integration, though, and it worked fine.

Same thing happened to me, texts wpuld only show up in Gv, so I turned on "notify via text message" and it worked.

goku chewbacca posted:

A line on my account just got an Evo 3D, and its still on Gingerbread 2.3.3 even with the newest update. Is there any way to get gchat with video working? Can I just install a gtalk.apk extracted from a miui.us or cm7 rom from an Evo4G? Android apps are designed to scale across different resolutions/pixel density, right?

What is the best video chat/call app now? Fring? Does skype even work for video chatting on the 3D?

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

Had there been any word on when the 2.3.4 update is coming to the 3D? I want to use gchat with video already.

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

Hooray for TEP. My EVO4G(itself a replacement for a dead 3D) had a broken camera, and I have the option of a replacement EVO or S3. Am I a crazy person for wanting to stick with the EVO? Other than my familiarity with it/sense, I can't think of anything it does better than the S3.

I do understand all the HTC complaints in this thread now...

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

Krime posted:

Are you really considering staying with a more than 2 year old phone instead of the S3?

Go with the S3. End of story.

Now, if it were the EVO LTE, then maybe I could see the debate based on familiarity and HTC love or whatnot, then still... people will push you to the S3.

I meant EvoLTE. The new one. I love it, except the camera broke(a known feature, it isn't seated well, so excess vibration can unplug it from the mainboard)and the battery isn't too hot.

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

I have a SERO plan which I last renewed 2 years ago to get a smartphone(SERO premium). I've been eligible for an upgrade for a few months now and I can't quite figure out what is the best way to buy subsidized phone? Either N5 through sprint, or a MotoX through amazon (50$ right now). There does not seem to be an easy way to do this online without screwing up my plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eunabomber
Dec 30, 2002

I'm on SERO 500. Can I just add a new iphone (along with the stupid monthly payment) to my account or will Sprint balk unless I change plans?