Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

i'm in a similar boat, the simply everything 500 plan with taxes and fees comes out to about 77 a month for me. If I take the five bucks, or even zero bucks lease with loyalty discount how long does that last for? Can I just keep my next phone for as long as I want? Am I entitled to keep the discount as long as I want or is it a one contract and done then you're back to the 20 bucks a month plan for plebes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

nate fisher posted:

Funny I just got an email from Sprint after we talked yesterday offering me a $17 iPhone Forever credit

I have one of these too, I'm assuming this is just for the next lease cycle and when I upgrade/swap the price goes back to normal? My bill now is 77 and change a month on the old 500 minutes unlimited everything else. It's more than enough minutes for me so I'm really tempted to skip it all, buy a subsidized 6S next month and wait to see what kind of crazy poo poo they're offering in 2 years.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

This seems both necessary and a really bad idea on Sprints part.

http://recode.net/2015/09/30/sprint-to-hike-unlimited-data-plan-costs-by-10-starting-oct-16/

As I type this my new 6S is getting between .86 and 1.92 Mbps down on LTE.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

LorneReams posted:

I use WiFi calling a lot because I work from home and on an old SERO plan I only get 500 minutes and WiFi calling doesn’t count toward that. It works very well and I would recommend it strongly.

This is me exactly, the only thing I'm missing is tethering. That said I've been noticing almost as many dead spots in town as during the whole "Network Vision is coming!" era. I've been looking to jump but I do like the subsidized phones every 2 years, if that ever goes so do I.

Related: If I call in to quit what are the odds I could talk retentions into throwing in tethering to keep me after a decade plus?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

astral posted:

An update on this: it sounds like another wave of people were targeted for migration from SERO Premium 500 to Advantage Unlimited Plus today, effective next month. They received texts indicating the change.

Is this only for SERO folks or are eprp going in as well? It weirds me out to think that there are people out there who have no idea about the concept of “anytime minutes“.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

astral posted:

Sounds like you won the 'misinformed rep' lottery twice. It might help to ask them to check for newer information if they don't seem familiar with it since it's more of a recent thing.

For the record EPRP plans are apparently not eligible, but I did get a 50 dollar bill credit thanks to the amount of time it took them to find an answer for me.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

astral posted:

$5 itunes/app store code in the rewards app :toot:

Which lasted about 5 minutes...

On a happier note my last 2 year contract for EPRP finally expired and after a couple of different phone calls/emails and approximately 50 different pitches to add a line and upgrade my phone I’m now in the loving arms of SWAC. I tried a few months back when according to the rep I spoke with my plan was not eligible for conversion, no mention of needing to wait it out.

I’m still trying to get used to Tidal after being an Apple Music user for years, Prime is nice, and lol at the Lookout Security that seems to be aimed directly at boomers who think their iPhone is hacked because they throw their password in any box that asks for it ever.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

hrolfr posted:

I have no idea what's going on with this here cellphone.

Same thing happened to me when I signed up, just give them a call at 866-264-1282. These were the folks that could handle swac/sero accounts, their email support sucks.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

god this blows posted:

I actually know people who are actively working on the Dish mobile network so they’re at least pretending better than when they weren’t even doing that.

Unless they’re accountants it’s probably for naught. Still far more likely Dish just pays the fine vs. the outlay for a somewhat viable network.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

corgski posted:

Surely our corporate overlords wouldn't provide poorer service at a higher price after eliminating the competition.

IIRC, part of the matter deal was no price hikes for 3 years. I’m guessing SWAC or something like it hangs on at least (and likely not one second past) that long.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

LorneReams posted:

RIP Sprint rewards. I'll miss my 5$ random Amazon and other gift certificates (just used like 5 of them for Panera recently). Is the TMobile analog any good?

If you like watching blackout laden baseball or don’t subscribe to The Athletic then it’s a good deal otherwise their offers are more marketing than anything. Overall pretty lame since the merger.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

GoatSeeGuy posted:

If you like watching blackout laden baseball or don’t subscribe to The Athletic then it’s a good deal otherwise their offers are more marketing than anything. Overall pretty lame since the merger.

Quote is not Edit: Today our favorite, the Amazon gift card is back.....if you win. I didn’t. Are there some nice things occasionally sure, but it’s mostly a digital Val-Pak coupon envelope.

GoatSeeGuy fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Aug 18, 2020

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

T-Mobile rewards is overall pretty garbage, very garbage if you don’t have Shell stations or drink coffee but free MLB.TV is coming March 30th. No idea if they’re gonna give away The Athletic subscriptions again this year.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Good news? If this T-Mobile hack is legitimate Sprint customers are apparently unaffected according to the guy selling the data.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/08/t-mobile-investigating-claims-of-massive-data-breach/

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

puppy party posted:

Looks like you might be able to get up to $400 towards a new iPhone 13 for the SE trade-in, all depends on various eligibility requirements. New promos will go live on Friday. This is just for Sprint, no clue what T-Mo is doing over on their side, but again I would be shocked if they don't sweeten the pot to try and get you to move off the Sprint biller over to the T-Mo side.

I’m waiting to see if I get another “0 dollar a month lease” offer with a buyout at the end like I did for my 11, but that was pre-merger and before adding EPRP into the mix. Even then, the 13 is kind of a yawner and not worth paying for unless you’re in need of an upgrade.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

LorneReams posted:

Do they have Prime because that is like the biggest benefit to Sprint right now.

I’ve avoided the switch on the website, but this is a very good question.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Thanks for the info, just one question- which I think applies to a ton of people here: What happens to sero/advantage plans after the transition if you know?

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

corgski posted:

Oof. Well definitely running this plan down to the wire then, and then probably jumping ship.

Yup, just before the merger I did the free T-mobile tryout and the signal here sucks. Losing the price and benefits seals the deal.

Edit: I just called the Sprint EPRP/Sero/Advantage support line and yeah, they had no answers for me at all about price/benefits moving to a Tmobile account, but he did want to send me a T-Mobile sim very badly. He also said that I could use the new sim, and switch back to my Sprint sim if I didn't like that but that doesn't sound like something Sprint is capable of so it's going in a drawer.

GoatSeeGuy fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 21, 2021

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

LorneReams posted:

My plan just changed and it's the exact same thing except it's $10 cheaper.

Final bill went from 55 to 45 after taxes and fees.

Hmm, that's the same Advantage plan/price I've had since switching from EPRP, I thought it was the "premium" tier already with Amazon.

I'm not looking forward to T-Mobile's "Equivalent or better" next summer.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

Welp, it was just a matter of time but I got the text today from Sprint/T_mobile that the EPRP Plans are losing Amazon Prime as of April 1st. Allegedly a new "on us" promotion is coming, but details are TBD.

On a related note, does anyone know if you keep your MLB.TV subscription through the year if you cancel T-mobile service after it's been claimed and applied?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

McPhearson posted:

Looks like the new "on us" thing is Netflix Basic if you have 1 line, Standard if you have 2+.

That's useless to me but, I assume it's cheaper though since they already give netflix to a bunch of T-mobile accounts. I already don't use Tidal or Hulu so any other decent deals/benefits out there? I haven't had to shop for service in like 20 years.