Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

porksmash posted:

I'm looking to replace my Blackberry with an EVO Shift. My account is owned by my company and they didn't think that upgrading my phone was necessary to perform my job functions so I'll be purchasing the phone on my own. Since it'll probably be used, can I just call up Sprint and have them check if the ESN is clean and available and all that good stuff?

Yes, and it's quick enough that you can do it with the seller sitting in front of you. If they book it you know it's not good anyway! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Myrddin Emrys posted:

It happened for me. Maybe they're rolling out in phases?

Yep. Hasn't happened for me yet, though.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/voice/thread?tid=0e574dcfdafa00d9&hl=en

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I figured I'd ask this here instead of one of the specific Android threads:

I have the old school Evo 4g right now and am planning on upgrading soon. What's the best phone that Sprint has right now or will have in the near future?

I've looked at the EVO 4g LTE and I like it and have really liked my basic 4g. I'm just curious if there's something better that I've missed. I'm not a huge iPhone fan but then again I've never had one, so it's not really out of the realm of possibility that I get the 5.

With my 4g I've never really ran it stock and have always run MIUI or CM on it. I do like the customization that Android brings with it which is why I'm leaning towards it. The reason I'd jump to iPhone is that almost everyone I know has one and in my group of friends group messaging is used a lot and I always get screwed responding to people. I realize there are apps that are supposed to deal with this but I've never been able to get them to work. I also like how you can drop a pin with your location in the Maps app on iPhone. Never really understood why you couldn't do that with Android.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just noticed on Amazon that they're doing the S3 for $99 with a 2 year contract renewal and $49 with a new contract. Easy sale:

http://wireless.amazon.com/Samsung-...d=1353434232129

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

WoG posted:

$40 now for new, $100 for renewal. Third-party sellers often have lower prices for new customers like that, because they get a larger carrier kickback than they do for re-ups.
So use McGuire's (right sidebar)

Still cheaper to re-up through them than it is from sprint, even with the buyback program ($30 for my Evo 4g).

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got my GS3 today and after having to deal with my Evo for 4 years (or whatever) it's wonderful!

:allears:

edit: I'll ask the other question in the other thread

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Allaniis posted:

I kind of regret not waiting the two months to get these Black Friday Deals. I guess it will be a lesson for me in the future; wait until December. However, the S3 is such a nice phone that it makes up for it.

Does anyone have a backup batter for their S3? If so, what brand? I'm currently looking at Anker and Qcell.

I haven't thought about getting a backup battery yet but instead I got this portable charger: http://www.amazon.com/PowerGen-Exte...e+phone+charger

My friend has one and loves it. Says he gets two full charges on his iPhone out of one charge from the charger. It's small enough that he carries it around in his pocket or at least has it in his car with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For some reason since I got the S3 set up, I'm not getting texts through Google Voice, in app or in the web app. Any ideas?