Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Daily Life posted:

Just want to make sure that the ability to port your Sprint number to Google Voice hasn't happened yet for all users right? I have an LG Optimus S and would like to do this.

Hasn't happened yet, will probably happen in the next few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Eunabomber posted:

Is anyone else shocked at how useful and seemingly painless this GV backend integration with Sprint is? I'm not used to such a convenient and free feature from a large cell phone company.

Wait, is it active for you now? I thought it was still a few months away.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Ryven posted:

With EPRP, does the 10$ smartphone fee still apply?

Yep.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Just integrated with Google Voice. Having never used GV before, I'm loving the little things like being able to use my browser to check voicemail and send texts.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Duckman2008 posted:

This honestly really upsets me. I really want to be able to turn the 3D off.

I thought it was mentioned before that turning 3d on/off is a software toggle.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I thought SERO-P people didn't have to pay the $10 fee because that's what the "premium" part was. Did that get changed?

SERO-P lets you use non-SERO devices. You then need to pay the additional $10 for smartphone data.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Aren't smartphones the non-sero devices? :confused:

There's some stuff in between that isn't on SERO but also doesn't count as a smartphone. None of them are worth having.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Jorath posted:

Am I right in thinking that without rooting there's no way to remove the Nascar and other apps that came built-in that I don't want? They don't show up in the AppBrain list.

If you use an alternative launcher like LauncherPro, you can hide them but not remove them. Once they're hidden I just forget about them.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Blakkout posted:

Hate to bring up Google Voice again, but is there any way to make it so my Google Voice number just rings my phone? When I pick up calls from the Google Voice number, I get a prompt where I have to choose to accept the call or send it to voicemail. I'd prefer to keep my Sprint number fully-functional as well.

Thanks.

From the Google Voice page, Voice Settings>Calls>turn off Call Screening

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Matlock posted:

What's wrong with Pentile displays? I looked at the Epic Touch and the Photon side by side in the Sprint store and couldn't tell a huge difference.

The typical complaints are that it has a sort of "screen door" matrix effect, and that straight lines are not actually straight, but are "jaggy".

Here's a comparison shot, click for big:

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Casao posted:

especially since sprint is now emailing incoming mms messages for gv integration

Whoa, how do I turn this on? MMS messages are the one thing I don't get via Google Voice.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Auron posted:

I called Sprint to cancel TEP on my Evo4G, and decided to ask about the Galaxy Nexus as well...what a mistake that was. The guy had no clue what I was talking about and asked 4 times if I was talking about the Galaxy S or the Epic touch...do they just not train anybody in customer service? I even talked to a supervisor who had no clue what I was talking about either, or anything about 4G LTE.

To be fair, you're asking about a phone that doesn't exist on Sprint yet.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Is it possible/a good idea to buy out my contract if I'm on EPRP? I'd love to get a Galaxy Nexus, I'm about 18 months into a contract with an LG Optimus S. I'm waffling between waiting it out until the contract ends or biting the bullet soon for the GalNex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

SpelledBackwards posted:

Don't forget that with the Android phones, carriers also have to give the ports of Nexus software their approval - often with their own added bloatware and bullshit. Not sure if Galaxy Nexus have any of this... I've been pretty happy with how de-bloated the Evo LTE is compared to my Evo 4G. That said, who knows when I'll get Jelly Bean without rooting. On the Evo 4G at least, I was ok with waiting until official updates to Froyo and Gingerbread (though I got rooted versions of those official updates).

This is not the case for the GSM Galaxy Nexus, as it is not tied to any carrier. The Verizon and Sprint versions still have the carrier approval process.