Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me
Can Google Voice be removed if I set up the integration and don't like it? I just got the email and I want to try it out but from the sounds of some of the complaints about notifications and such I want to make sure I can go back if its not for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

Duckman2008 posted:

Google Voice not integrated with Sprint doesn't always play completely nice with Any Mobile Any Time, so there is a possibility on using more minutes.

Otherwise, its a great feature more for your average person who wouldn't look into it otherwise or wants to keep their sprint number.

I haven't used Google Voice before as I didn't want to be bothered with 2 different phone numbers. I am interested in the features and the Sprint integration solves the 2 numbers issue for me. I'm a little skeptical though with all the problems reported here and elsewhere. If I try out the GV integration is it easy to roll it back if it isa problem or I hate it for some reason?

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

Mahoning posted:

I actually prefer the aspect ratio of the EVO rather than the 3D.

What's the aspect ratio like? Is it like the Shift where it's taller but narrower relative to the Evo?

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

Alman posted:

So I just installed Netflix on my EVO 3D and it worked like a charm! :hellyeah:

I still have an Evo 4G and has there been any fix released for Netflix? Mine hasn't worked since the 2.3 update.

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

rivetz posted:

Hoping this is the right thread for this.

So I've been happily running a custom ROM for a while now on my Sprint Evo 4G but in the past few months, the touchscreen has developed an incredibly irritating bug where the top right corner is overly touch-sensitive, registering a nonexistent touch over and over and over again. This of course means calling people I don't want to call, turning on stuff in the tray that I don't want to turn on, removing widgets I don't want to remove, etc etc. The worst side effect is toggling the Refresh button on the browser once every second so pages just spin through a loading cycle without ever completing.

I had the exact same problem with my fiance's Evo Shift. I brought it into the store and they put a new screen on it in 15 minutes. It cost me $35 because I didn't have insurance on that line but would have been free if I had TEP.

Before you get it fixed though, download an MS Paint type program and leave it running just to see what your phone will draw for you.

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

Loucks posted:

This is not at all the case for the EVO 3D. I'm looking at a GPS icon with a backslash through it now.

There are two GPS icons. The little compass-like one that shows if GPS is enabled with either a slash through it or not. And then there is the little satellite with waves coming off it that should only appear when GPS is actively in use.

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

Slo-Tek posted:

My evo shift's touchscreen goes all stupid, I think particularly when it gets hot. Unfortunately, it's been 102 in the shade every day for 3 weeks now, so it doesn't work right a lot.

Registers clicks in the wrong place, fails to register clicks at all, locks the big pull-down-from-the-top "notifications/quick settings" pane in the middle and won't let it come down or go back up, just wiggles in the middle.

Oddly, turning the screen off always gets the "pull down to unlock screen" motion to work, and maybe a few motions after that but then it is hit or miss with anything else.

Is this a known issue? Is my phone dumb? am I dumb? Would I have to get it to demonstrate the behavior if I took it back to bestbuy to get them to fix/replace it?

That sounds exactly like what happened to my fiance's Shift, twice. It would work fine sometimes and then start acting like someone was wiggling their finger in the upper middle of the screen. Because it was intermittent and hard to explain, I found the easiest way to demonstrate it to the repair people at the Sprint store was to download a free MSPaint-type app from the market. After waiting for a little bit it eventually started scribbling back and forth by itself. Since I didn't have insurance on that line it cost me $35 to have the screen replaced. When it started again less than 24 hours later they just gave me a new phone.

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

nate fisher posted:

Is Sprint picture mail still being stored online? I got a picture yesterday on my EVO and I accidently deleted it when I wiped my EVO to move the iPhone. I went to get it online (the Sprint picture mail web album) today, and I noticed none of my picture mail from the last 2 days (inbox or sent)are on the web. Anybody else notice this? Did Sprint change its policy?

When I go to pictures.sprintpcs.com I see everything I've sent or received going back 60 days or so, including the not very funny forwards I've gotten in the last 2 days.

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

Duckman2008 posted:

Fyi for the discount changes it only applies if you sign a new contract ala how Verizon is grandfathering unlimited data. So anyone here with XX discount that can't verify it, you can keep it by buying phones outright.

Not that I am saying that is the best option, but a general clarification.

Policy goes into place July 29th, so if you can upgrade now do it.

What's involved in verifying your discount?

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

td4guy posted:

The implication was that the phone was so shoddily-manufactured that there was a big gap at the top that you could fit a receipt paper into and cover the screen on the inside. It would've let tons of dust/pocket lint debris in.

Glad to hear it's fake.

It's not just fake, it's absurd. I picked up a One last night and that alleged gap is really just a shadow from the angled aluminum. That "gap" is sealed tighter than any seam I've ever seen on a plastic phone. Let alone how ridiculous the idea is that even if there was a gap there you could slide a piece of paper through all the way without hitting the speaker/led's/wiring or whatever. In those doctored pictures the paper is going clean through the front camera, speaker, notification led, and light/proximity sensors.

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

fyallm posted:

The number in the OP for the airrave support isn't correct. I called the number and it gave me another number but that guy transferred me to another number. Anyways it looks like there is a nationwide problem with the airrave right now and they do not have an ETA on when it will be solved.

I called the number in the OP 2 weeks ago and had no problem getting an Airvana or whatever the new model is called. I simply told whoever answered that I had terrible reception at my house and they shipped me a free device that day. Once I found a place where the GPS receiver could get a lock it activated and I now have full coverage in my house and even my yard.

I only had a single problem with it. Sprint's documentation insists numerous times that you plug the Airave directly into the modem and them connect your router to the Airave. The problem is that the retarded router built into the Airave seems to block the ports Google play uses so in this configuration you cannot download or update any apps over wifi or 3G. Fortunately you can just ignore the instructions and plug the Airave into any open port on your router and it works just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

I called Sprint it sounded like they would only give you one for free if you met some set criteria--dropped calls or poor reception on their map.

My calls at home are mostly fine, I don't drop calls. My problem is when people call I wont hear it ring, or it will only ring once. So I frequently get voicemail notifications without hearing my phone ring. I've tried factory resetting my phone (GS3) and have used by Touchwiz and GM10.1 ROMs, and it acts the same. So it's definitely a Sprint issue.

I got stonewalled on the phone, so we'll see how dan@sprint.com treats me.

I got an Airave a few weeks ago by just calling the number and telling them I had poor reception in my house. They immediately offered me a free Airave after checking if I was eligible for an additional line. I'm not sure why they needed the credit check for another line since it's completely free.

As far as shipping times go, I ordered mine after work on a Friday and received it the following Wednesday.