Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

There's a Canada Roaming Plan you can add to your account for under $3 per month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Blackberry Playbook launch pushed back to May 8th.

No reason given.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Bill-wise the only thing that should change are his state taxes, his plan and its pricing should stay the same I believe.

The case for a free Airave/Airvana is that you are in a Sprint coverage area and getting poor or no service. Is his address covered on their coverage map?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

TEP increasing to $8 on July 1st.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Gumball Dad posted:

What kind of extra fees does Sprint tack on to monthly bills? I'm used to AT&T talking on at least an extra $15 in random fees and stuff. I just don't wanna expect to pay $70 and then end up with a $90 bill every month. If it's going to be like that, it might be the deciding factor in me going with Virin Mobile and the Optimus V for the moment.

This is what it's like on my bill, YMMV especially by state:

code:
Sprint Surcharges

Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD 	 $0.84 
 	Administrative Charge             	 $0.99 
 	Regulatory Charge                 	 $0.40 
 	--------------
 	                                          $2.23
and
code:
Government Fees & Taxes

Chicago City-911 Tax              	 $2.50 
 	Chicago City-If Appl &State Excise Tax 	 $2.15 
 	Chicago City-Utility Tax          	 $2.15 
 	--------------
 	                                          $6.80
All that and I pay $7/mo for TEP. So my $40/mo bill becomes $56 since I choose to pay for phone insurance.

Still, it's a SERO plan so I'm happy with things the way they are.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

nate fisher posted:

My daughter needs a new phone (her Palm Pre died). I am shocked to see that Amazon still has the Arrive for $50 while Sprint has it for $199. I was going to get her a Shift but the Arrive for $50 might be too good of a deal.

Edit: That is $50 is you are a new customer ($140 upgrade). Tease!!!

Amazon does have the Epic 4G for $89 if you upgrade. I know the Epic gets some hate but for a 12 year girl who just wants a Android phone wouldn't it work? Did it ever upgrade to 2.2? Or should I just spend another $60 and get the Shift for her?

For a 12 year old girl? How about a phone that might not get her mugged, like an LG Optimus S?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

http://www.sprintusers.com/may-8th-device-releases-samsung-nexus-s-motorola-xoom-blackberry-playbook/

May 8th release date for Playbook, Xoom, and Nexus S.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Samsung SPH-D600: Android + WinMax

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Alman posted:

It's really nice year-round, I actually took a picture a few months ago when we had a snowstorm and it was really cool looking too (I posted it in this thread too I think? it might have been the old one though)

From the old thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3358728&pagenumber=59&perpage=40#post388850971

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Tried Bolt Browser?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

helsabot posted:

Hey all - I'm selling my evo (which is rooted) since i got my nexus s...
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3412811

price is totally negotiable! I'm finally getting used to the size difference between the nexus and the evo. But I don't think i'll ever stop dropping the nexus on my face when I use it laying down, its so loving slippery

You may also want to post here.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

diospadre posted:

It's really confusing that the new phone has a lower number than the old phone.

I noticed that too, but honestly how many people actually call the old phone the EVO 4G rather than just the EVO?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Alman posted:

A cam watching redtail hawks on the Sprint campus :3: (where we almost got hit by a tornado this morning!!)

http://www.varacam.com/index.htm

I was going to ask how you guys are holding up with the tornado conditions these days.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Alman posted:

Yeah, I'd be scared.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

What's the anticipated timetable for Sprint activating LTE? I suspect they could wait until there are 4G iPhones for VZW and AT&T to release one of their own too.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yeah, and it gets him to a mobile OS that people actually develop for, instead of WinMo 6.5 or some hacked together version of Android that barely runs with some features working.

So I thought he would at least need to go to $40 SERO premium, and that the $10 being waived is what would take a normal SERO line to $50 for something like the Evo. Would both of those be waived for a Replenish on old $30 SERO?

Replenish should work on $30 SERO, period. It does not need the $10 smartphone fee nor the $10 4G fee (it's not a 4G phone). So to answer your question, yes.

EDIT: Whoa, just saw above after posting this. What's up with that? Staying tuned...

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

At least one 3rd party cover with a kickstand has been linked in this very thread. It comes in black, it may someday come in white, but I don't know if it will ever come in hipster.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My bad, full body case.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

It doesn't need the $10 smartphone fee, but someone over at sprintusers was denied from activating it on $30 SERO just a couple of days ago.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

RodShaft posted:

Damnit. I thought it was:

$30/mo: Cell phone retirement home maxing at TP2 (and the replenish for some reason)
$40/mo: Everything but Evo/Epic/Nexus
$50/mo: Evo/Epic/Nexus

This ruins my "get a midlevel Android device until they come out with a cellphone more powerful than my laptop in 8 months" plan.

I think it is. I'm on $40/mo SERO with a BB Bold 9650. Have been since I switched to Sprint.

EDIT:

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 18, 2011

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

brc64 posted:

Sometime in the past couple of days I've started receiving text messages with annoying "0001/0002" prefixes when they're split up. It used to just display them as is, so if a message split occurred in the middle of a word, the second message would just start there.

I haven't changed any settings on my phone, that I'm aware of (EVO 4G, CM7) and I've now had this happen with two different people with different model phones sending me messages. Where the hell is this coming from? Is this something Sprint is doing somehow?

I've started getting that recently and I'm not using Google Voice. Must be a Sprint thing.

ease posted:

Anyone looking to pick up a evo 4g? Selling one in SAMart: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3420881

You might try posting in this thread.

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 24, 2011

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

superm0nk posted:

I'm leaving the country in a few months, but I'm one of those crotchety old men that held on to his SERO plan. Is it worth anything to anyone, and if so, how would I go about transferring it to someone? Would they have to take my number as well?

It usually involves a conference call between you, Sprint and the recipient of the plan. It's called a Transfer of Liability (TOL). For a while there Sprint was refusing to do them any more but it seems like a few people have been successful lately.

The recipient needs to open an account and just get a temporary account number (no plan on the account as it is being transferred over), then give that account number on the conference call.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

900ftjesus posted:

So I can sell my Evo 4G for $250-300? Awesome.

Good luck with that.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

brc64 posted:

Earlier tonight I was in a very poor reception area and then my data shut off entirely. I had an "International roaming" notification.

I was certainly still in the country, so I'm curious if this was a problem with CM7 or did Sprint really believe I had left the country?

I sometimes go to Digital Roaming in my office (which is in my boss's basement).

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Anybody want dirt on Sprint?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Today Sprint has announced Business Freedom plans:

http://www.sprintfeed.com/2011/07/sprint-officially-outs-business-freedom-plans-2/

quote:

Sprint Business Freedom Plans, available starting July 24, are month-to-month, zero-term plans that deliver the features and flexibility that today’s businesses want. The plans enable businesses to pool minutes without the need for long-term contractual commitments. They can also pool Business Freedom and other Sprint plans on the same billing account.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Krime posted:

Just verifying my thoughts...

My fiancee approached me about joining my plan and switching to an Android phone from her iPhone and family plan she is on.

I have the SERO account.

There's no way to add her to mine is there?

What is my best course of action?

Can't add her to yours, SERO accounts are solo accounts. You could upgrade to EPRP and then add her as a second line.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Does the Samsung Replenish run Samsung's custom-brewed Android (a la the Epic) or does it run normal Android?

My parents have an upgrade in the bank and I'm sick of my Blackberry's random freezes and crashes. Also I'm on SERO and I'm hoping I can make the $10 fee go away.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I understand that the Replenish requires SERO Premium ($40/mo). At which point the Optimus S, Echo, and Arrive (WP7) are better devices. Have you considered one of those?

I've heard that it does and that it doesn't, I guess I would see what happens. I'd definitely give those all a look though.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

NM, beaten by the above by like 20 minutes.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

So my boss cracked the screen on his HTC Thunderbolt by sitting on it, and took it to a shop today to get it replaced for $100. He told me after he got back that the repair guys weren't impressed with the build quality, saying it was "all glue" and that the lack of screws helps keep a thin design. Is this something to worry about with respect to the EVO 4G, 3D, and other HTC phones?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

zer0spunk posted:

I thought T mobile is becoming At&t though? It doesn't like there's any other option for unlimited other then sprint..

He can hang with them until the assimilation. T-Mobile has non-contract options.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My question is, will it be a 4G phone?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

EVO 4G is last year's top phone. This year it's generally regarded as the EVO 3D, with the Nexus S 4G and the Motorola Photon as strong contenders.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

What happens when you dial 1#?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

From AT&T to acquire T-Mobile USA (maybe not!).

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Mark Larson posted:

^^ Check your Google Voice settings on your computer.

I have a question about TOL's and upgrades. So I'm looking to do a TOL of my SERO500 account. I've got someone who's interested, who doesn't have a Sprint account. What's the best way to do this?

Also, general TOL question - when would the party taking over the account be eligible to upgrade? Same date as I would have been, had I kept the account?

The buyer needs to get a tentative Sprint account created - account number but no plan. He can do this at a store or on the phone, if Sprint wants to sell him a plan he should just say he's getting a plan transferred to him.

The buyer needs to have a phone with a Sprint logo on it. Unlocked phones don't work on Sprint.

You then call Sprint, tell them you're transferring your plan to someone else, and have them conference with the buyer. He may be able to get his tentative account created at this point if he hasn't already. And he should be able to port his number as long as he isn't already on Sprint - if he is, he'd have to port out (e.g. be on Boost or Virgin briefly) then port back in.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Mark Larson posted:

Since its a SERO account that we're TOL'ing, is there something special/sekrit that you have to do to get the new tentative account SERO-eligible?

I didn't have to when I bought my SERO account. A tentative account should be able to take any type of plan (except maybe employee plans).

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

For a while Sprint refused to TOL SERO accounts, but it seems like they've started allowing it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

There's a GBS thread about the DOJ's attempted injunction against the AT&T/T-Mo merger. I'd just like to ask if Sprint call centers are really like this.