Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Wilford Cutlery posted:

I've had a good run on Sprint with an oldskool SERO plan, but my contract is up this Saturday and I'll be switching to Project Fi. Is selling SERO plans and doing a TOL still a thing, especially if I want to port my number?

Anyone know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Wow, and I just switched to Fi yesterday. Guess I didn't have to worry about selling off my SERO after all.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Only a couple of minutes for me.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

LTE uses SIM cards. I've swapped mine out overseas before, used it for data and made calls via Skype.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I should think that buying the phone would simply require an ESN swap on Sprint's part, no major plan changes required.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Okay thanks.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Try enabling Wifi Calling on the phone. Then put it into Airplane Mode and re-enable Wifi. Test calls to and from the phone like this.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My dad has a Galaxy S6 Edge and a couple of Samsung rapid chargers. When he's down to 15% battery, he plugs in and the phone says 5+ hours to reach 100%. Is that normal? It doesn't seem very rapid.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

After I made that post I found that his phone loses battery life faster than it recharges. So I advised him to take it to a Sprint store (preferably a repair center) and have them look at it. I figure it's likely either the battery (which the phone says is good, but eh) or the charging port.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Maybe the $15.63 price was for new customers?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

They may also still give out a free AC router. I have one from when I was with Sprint, and when I'm at home I put my phone into Airplane Mode then turn on WiFi. It forces WiFi calling and texting and works well with that router.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

It was called WiFi Connect and was an Asus RT-AC66u with Sprint firmware. I can't find it on their site any more aside from some old PDFs so they may no longer offer it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Medullah posted:

I use a ton of data on my phone, which is why I've stuck with SERO this long. Fi interests me but I did the math and my usage makes it quite a bit more expensive.

Unfortunately it's looking like my new house has pretty rough Sprint reception, so I might need to start shopping around. Or are Air Raves still a thing?

I can see myself going a little lower on data, but I frequently have to view large attachments and videos for work, and I'm not always near WiFi.

Sprint did offer (and may still offer) a home router with AC WiFi, and Sprint firmware tuned to optimize WiFi calling. I have one, works fine.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Okay, I left my SERO behind a couple of years ago and I'm regretting it. I'm thinking of switching either to T-Mobile for the free Netflix, or if I can get on one of these sweet deals that includes Prime - can I?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hmmm. I got my SERO via eBay about 10 years ago. Is that still an option?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm a former SERO user who jumped ship to Google Fi and I'm looking to ditch Fi. Since the OP is out of date, what's the current rundown of plans available to someone in my situation? Asking as this was in today's Brad's Deals email:

Unlimited Kickstart Plan: $25/month

I'm guessing that by 'basic data' it means no hotspot and no free Hulu - is that correct?

EDIT: Also, my parents are on Sprint, could they switch to this?

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Same, I gave up my SERO 500 for Fi and regret that. Now I'm deciding whether to switch back to Sprint or go to T-Mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Black Friday coming right up. Look for a good deal and just buy the phone outright.