Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
So I've been pretty frustrated with Sprint lately. I live in Brooklyn and have had absolutely terrible signal in my apartment since I switched to them (last October). I called them up earlier this year to complain so they sent me an Airave for free. The thing is completely garbage. Not only does it not improve my signal, but I also get duplicate texts and other issues. I have a corporate discount and my contract has been going for 13 months so far.

Basically, I was wondering if there is any hope of canceling my contract without getting an ETF. I don't know if I can take another year of this garbage and it seems like there's nothing else they can do to improve my signal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

The Entire Universe posted:

If you use too much roaming data Sprint will nix your contract sans-ETF.

Doesn't this take a few months for them to pick up though?

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

So I just moved to a new office in lower Manhattan (across from Battery Park) and have zero Sprint service (no voice or data). I can't make any work calls or anything and the service is completely useless. Supposedly, they have towers down in the area and won't have them restored for another month or two, which completely screws up how I'm supposed to do my work (I'm a consultant and I can't use my client's landlines). I've been dealing with support all day and they keep giving me the runaround and refuse to waive the ETF because I live 2 miles away in a different zip code.

Any suggestions?

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Duckman2008 posted:

What type of phone do you have? You really have two options:
1. Flash a Verizon PRL and roam like crazy till they kick you off. I personally recommend this.
2. Switch and sell your phone to make up the ETF if at all possible.

Definitely at least try calling retentions again and make a (polite) bitch fest, be firm and keep asking to be escalated. And email dan@ sprint.com

I have an iPhone 4S so I'm assuming flashing the PRL won't be possible?

I asked to be escalated past the 2nd account manager and he said it would take at least 4 business days to get a call back. What a joke.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Sorry if this has already been mentioned but is there a way to SIM unlock (for international use) a 4S on Sprint without involving them in the process?

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 23, 2013