Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aMoose
Nov 26, 2005
He who fucks nuns will later join the church.

Roar posted:

Oh, wow, I didn't even realize that there was a way TO change the text spacing. Learn something new every day when it comes to PS.

Take 2!

Better/worse? Greyscale made the picture look flat, in my opinion, but I think the black text works a lot better.

I am an amateur when it comes to photoshop :( I just don't understand enough about the effects to get that professional look. I really ought to look into some classes for this sort of stuff.

I think you should just pick out a handful of book covers that are good (and that you like) and then copy one of them.

The canvas filter looks incredibly cheap. In fact stay away from most filters altogether. Aside from that, it's a somewhat uneasy composition. The type doesn't sit well together (narrow white san-serif with white-outlined black serif), and it's not aligned either. Essentially, you need to learn the very basics of graphic design, otherwise you will end up with a distinctly homemade look.

99% of self-publishers suffer from this, though (text superimposed over filtered photo).

OppositeOfLove posted:

Here's another example from a few posts back. It looks like something that would've been given away free with a magazine in the early 90s. Too many elements and no sense of composition.

aMoose fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Dec 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread