Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
What the gently caress Punpun

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Chapter 80
Banking on him getting tossed out like the weirdo he is, but I almost want to see him get laid from this nonsense, just for the inevitable fallout.

For some reason my mind tells me to expect the latter. Though that's just maybe because I don't want to see the former and have Punpun ruin one of his few shots at a good thing these days.

Plus, I just want him to stop being a drat pyramid. It's creeping me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Oh hey a new Punpun. It's been a while since the last one came out so I might as well just dive right in and see where things are going- :stare:

I forgot just how despair-inducing this comic is.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Nijigahara Holograph is getting published in English by Fantagraphics as a 200-page hardcover. It should be a really good release, if what they did for Wandering Son is any indication.

I haven't read this, so I'll definitely pick it up when its out.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
With all the heavy poo poo that's happened lately, I think a tragic ending is likely.

But dammit, until the last panel happens I am going to hold out hope that maybe, just maybe, things will be all right for our little bird. :unsmith: Don't worry buddy, life might suck, and you might have contributed to a good portion of that suckiness, but I'm sure everything will work out in the end, right?

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Thoughts on ending: After all that happened lately, I expected Punpun to crash and burn a lot more. After the murder, everything seemed to be pointing to VERY BAD THINGS happening: police on the trail, Aiko's deteriorating health, and Punpun becoming a monster. What we got seemed about as close as we could expect for a happy ending for him after all of that -- the very absence of a grand finale. (Any grand finale here probably would have resulted in the utter rock-bottom destruction of Punpun)

Instead what we have is moving on. Not much is really fixed, but Punpun gets to walk away from the trainwreck he had just been in. A little wiser, a little more mature, but the way he talks about his "mangaka friend" in the end shows us he is still Punpun. Even in a 'happy' ending, it's still not easy to walk away from that kind of depression.

It was a good ride, Punpun. :unsmith:

• Locked thread