Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Oh, I was only aware of the "goodnight punpun" timeskips. Didn't know that whole sequence took place over the course of years. I thought it was just a series of flashbacks from his mother's perspective.

And I think I know who the girl in the new chapter is. Completely different personality, but the looks match up anyways.

And more recently, he met her as Kanie's sister's friend. Her painting reminded him of the day they met.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

ANIME AKBAR posted:

edit: also, we've apparently met punpun's landlord before:
http://somemango.com/alt/Oyasumi_Punpun/52/mf/

And at the same time, Punpun's future apartment. Which apparently housed a member of the cult Aiko was part of as a child.

It's frustrating the near misses Punpun has with his old friends, between Seki and Shimizu meeting his future landlord, and his mom meeting Harumi. It seems like it would be really good for him to have those people still in his life, and they're obviously still in the area. Meeting up with the guys again would be way better than being reunited with Aiko, which considering past experience and current status couldn't possibly come to anything short of apocalyptic.

Not that I wouldn't love for everything to turn out fine and for Punpun and Aiko to be happy together forever. But, I mean, not really seeing things moving in that direction.

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008
Reading through the last couple chapters, I was thinking 'Please god, let him just loving kill himself in chapter 99 and end this'.

I'd like to believe that the wait for the next volume is going to be harder than actually reading it when it comes out, but I know that isn't true.

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008
Eff that, I didn't sign up for this poo poo for a happy ending. I was promised Despair Without Light or Hope. If I'm not sobbing like a child after the ending, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Also, I am so loving all about Asano doing a trans focused story.

Semi-related, anybody else here fans of Against Me!? It's not for everybody, but everybody should give it a shot. After years as stalwarts of the modern anarcho-punk scene, they grew up and (to cries of "sellout" from people who didn't), took a more level headed, reasoned approach to punk. And then recently, lead singer Tom Gabel came out as Laura Jane Grace. Even if you're not into loud, angry music, at least give their album "New Wave" a listen, as well as the newer stuff that specifically addresses transgender issues. It's loud and angry, but relatively accessible and kinda poppy at times. It might convert you, or at least get you into a band that's going through a really great transitional phase right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBVj9MXUJYQ Against Me! - Transgender Dysphoria Blues - live FYF Fest, September 2, 2012

Apologies if the derail is unwelcome, but I thought it might be something Inio Asano fans are interested in.

• Locked thread