Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Holy poo poo, awesome post. Thanks for the new thread!

Also worth mentioning is that Grenadier has generously purchased the last few volumes for Hox(mediafire account, blog down as of this posting) to scan and translate!

Punpun got me into Asano's stuff and I've read everything except Solanin and loved it. Masterful work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Chapter 80
Banking on him getting tossed out like the weirdo he is, but I almost want to see him get laid from this nonsense, just for the inevitable fallout.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Here's his new series: Dead Dead Demons D-d-d-Destruction

It's quite the first chapter, with the first "oh poo poo" page that promises an interesting setting about halfway through.

Epoxy Bulletin fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jun 18, 2014

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
New Dead Dead Duh Duh

I love the subtle world building, I had to go back and check how old the girls were supposed to be when I realized one of them was doing the driving like it ain't no thang

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
A few more chapters of d-d-demons: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/260514/dead-dead-demons-de-dedede-destruction_ch4_by_world-three

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Vertical Inc just announced Umibe no Onna / Girl by the Sea to be printed in two omnibuses, due "early 2016"
:toot::

Epoxy Bulletin fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 17, 2015

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
They mention it took a few years to get the license because "it was bundled with other Asano licenses", and I think Punpun was about the only one left at the time? So they might've turned it down once already. If this sells, then who knows, but you may recall both Viz and Fantabooks have also done shorter Asano releases, and I don't think they bit on PunPun yet either so that may bode poorly. Or maybe not! I have no idea how they performed and it's kind of an inscrutable industry anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
Here's a follow up they posted

quote:

While we would love to work on something like PunPun, that title is managed by Shogakukan and their US subsidiary Viz Media. So while there is a very slim chance that could happen (especially if Asano decides to approach Vertical as an individual without an publishing agent), it isn’t very likely.

Write in to Viz, I guess?

• Locked thread