Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Here is a cool tweet I saw a few days ago:

HIDEO_KOJIMA posted:

Bought Mr. Inio Asano's new book. "Umibe-no-Onnanoko (A girl by the seaside)." The binding is beautiful as always. http://t.co/K2N17t3

Kojima is apparently a big Inio Asano fan, which isn't all that surprising, but still is very neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
A new Punpun volume just came out recently, hopefully someone will get it/ scan it soon so we can see it translated.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

ANIME AKBAR posted:

Yeah this is what I was trying to say. It's a lot like how in Shamo Ryo is somewhat sympathetic, until he randomly rapes some woman and from then on he's just some sociopathic monster. Though that didn't turn out entirely bad, but that's probably because it was an action manga all along.

Well not quite, since with Shamo he has something mildly as an arc of him realizing how horrible he is

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
It is in a sense a happy ending. One not of great joy, of ecstatic feelings or astounding change, but a quiet calm, of peace.

Goodnight, Punpun.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Cromlech posted:

Are there any other Manga authors that have a writing style similar to Asano's? I liked the horror displayed in this story but I also like the bleakness that is in every one of his other works I've read.

Hanazawa Kengo is probably the closest you get. He's also the fellow who offered to marry Asano after their sex change.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
The binding on it is hardcore great, yes. It's a REALLY good hard cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Any word what his new series is actually about?

• Locked thread