Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

So last Wednesday (today is Sunday), I received a letter send on the 25th from California, it took about a week. The yesterday I received a letter from Florida, the side closer to Europe, and it was send the 20th and thus took over two weeks. Interesting!

I also got mail from lamb, my aunt, pixelante, barclayed, Mr and Mrs Genesplicer and Zoesdare.

This weekend was recovery weekend, I played stardew valley and made sure the kids were fed and that was about it. Oh, we did two jigsaws as a family.
Anyway, letter writing will resume the coming week, keep an eye on your mailbox y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kierena
Oct 15, 2010
Ahdhsjskjh
I forgot to come on and say thank you to everyone who sent me birthday messages! Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday cards and the like, and a thanks to Lamb for the Halloween-tastinc goodies!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Hey everyone!

I went on a two week trip to Texas, which ended up being 2+ months, but I am going to be moving there soon. I know I've gotten some goonmail from some of you (Lookin' at you Lamb!).

I still have my house here in Florida because I need to get the rest of my stuff out and sell it, but I am not really going to be here to check the mail consistently, so I need to put myself on hold. I'm not sure if I am going to get a PO box over there or if I am going to just use the house address, but I'll update--- also I most likely will still try to send out some goonmail myself. :-)

Hope everyone is doing okay and thank you for the goonmail!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Rad! I found this thread while looking for the sassmass thread...
My address is
C Smith
1 Parry Drive
Temora
New South Wales, 2666
Australia
I'm into birds- plants- bugs- any kind of science or history- anything handmade or generally amateur- and everyday slices of life from other parts of the world. I intend to post out weird little hand drawn cards to anyone on the address list, 'cos mail is basically magic.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Tree Bucket posted:

Last year it went up on the 16th, I think. Tiaz was tinkering with the code.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"
forgive the ignorance... but out of curiosity, what is sassmass?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

barclayed posted:

forgive the ignorance... but out of curiosity, what is sassmass?

Something Awful Secret Santa. It runs in GBS every year, hosted by Tiaz. Tons of goons sign up to send presents all over the world. Yes, occasionally you get deadbeated by some loser who fails to send your present, but there's always "super santas" standing by to send presents to people who got ditched by their proper santa. I've gotten all kinds of weird and cool stuff over the years, including liquor, trinkets, vintage magazines, food, toys, and art.

Usually Tiaz drops the thread around now (or earlier) and you have a couple weeks to sign up before the big wheel-spin that assigns you your santee.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

i see! that sounds very cool. i'll look forward to when the thread comes out.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Pixelante posted:

Last year it went up on the 16th, I think. Tiaz was tinkering with the code.

Ah, thanks. I couldn't remember when it went up last time.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

hello everybody *waves* life changes are happening right now and i am probably moving off-campus at the end of this semester, which means unfortunately i will not be able to get any goonmail for a while. will try to get an updated address for y'all in the next month or two.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

SASS LIVES!

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Hi, you guys!

I'm well behind on my mail since moving house this year. But I wanted to say thank you to Lamb and Zoesdare for the recent Halloween mail!

Let's hope I can get my poo poo together to send some festive notes. Heh.

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Thanks also to Pixelante, whose Canadian art just arrived today :tipshat:

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Hello fellow goons!
I've had a pretty hard year with my mum passing the 26 of December last year, so in order to distract myself from.. everything and because my therapist thinks it'll be good for me, I'll be mailing out Christmas cards.

A. Sanborn
418 Tibbetts Rd.
Exeter, ME 04435

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you Subjunctive for the card, lovely stamps indeed!

kiraeh
Dec 7, 2014
Hello! Keetron recommended this thread to me some time ago so I am going to finally join it- I like chickens and DND(and other ttrpgs) and zines and art so I will probably send mail that relates to one or more of those.

Z. Novaczek
3944 Dixon Rd
PEI COA1EO
Canada

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Tree Bucket posted:

Huzzah! Everyone from SASS-MASS should join!

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Huzzah! Everyone from SASS-MASS should join!

Yes! It's the same basic idea, right?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Tree Bucket posted:

Yes! It's the same basic idea, right?

This is more of a free-for-all. SASS assigns you to someone (and assigns someone else to you) for gifting purposes. Sign up soon or you'll miss out!

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

i did not realize PO boxes would be so expensive what the gently caress. how do y'all do this.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

barclayed posted:

i did not realize PO boxes would be so expensive what the gently caress. how do y'all do this.

I just give my home address and spend that money on nice pens and paper.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I pay 20 bucks a year, what

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

Ghouls are Ghastly posted:

I pay 20 bucks a year, what

wtf my usps wants like $46 for three months

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

Keetron posted:

I just give my home address and spend that money on nice pens and paper.

i will consider this once i move in.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

280 per year for me, plus another 200 if I want the mail to be forwarded to my house.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

Keetron posted:

280 per year for me, plus another 200 if I want the mail to be forwarded to my house.

that is. crazy. GoG, i want to move to germany (except not really because your story of nazi tattoo guy sounds. insane.)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

After the kids move out, Germany is on my shortlist of countries that we consider moving to. South Germany that is, Munich area.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Holy poo poo what do they do to those PO boxes, do they get filled with gold or something?? I pay precisely 23.60 per year and can cancel any time but pay upfront for a year regardless with no refund, so it's basically almost as expensive but actually it's not, why would it, it's just a tiny little door in some place that fits letters?

barclayed posted:

that is. crazy. GoG, i want to move to germany (except not really because your story of nazi tattoo guy sounds. insane.)

At least that is illegal over here and he's literally the first person I ever see with this in 27 years of being German

Keetron posted:

Holy gently caress

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

Keetron posted:

wait i just processed this

why would you want your mail to be forwarded to your house?? isn't that the point of a PO box?? unless it's just to preserve privacy from the people addressing poo poo

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

$177/year CAD before tax. I just live with doxxing myself. :canada:

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

Pixelante posted:

$177/year CAD before tax. I just live with doxxing myself. :canada:

yeah at this point i'm just gonna hope my folks are okay with it. we in texas, we have guns, gently caress it we ball

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

barclayed posted:

wait i just processed this

why would you want your mail to be forwarded to your house?? isn't that the point of a PO box?? unless it's just to preserve privacy from the people addressing poo poo

A P.O. Box would only be about privacy as the mail person can find my house just fine. And not having to change my address when I move. Also, my laziness knows no bounds, why go to the post office when they can deliver to my house? I mean, spending a lot or a lot more is by that point moot.

So anyway, I gave goons my address, only good things have happened. I’m writing you a letter so please let me know what to write on the envelope.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

Keetron posted:

A P.O. Box would only be about privacy as the mail person can find my house just fine. And not having to change my address when I move. Also, my laziness knows no bounds, why go to the post office when they can deliver to my house? I mean, spending a lot or a lot more is by that point moot.

So anyway, I gave goons my address, only good things have happened. I’m writing you a letter so please let me know what to write on the envelope.

gently caress it, by the time letter gets there from nethlerands i'll be moved in lol

-address redacted for privacy, check the list <3-

barclayed fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 7, 2022

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I haven't been opening my mail since, well, my dad stopped being in remission since the final round of letters I sent. I removed my address from the list since I don't want to be all take and no give, and I don't know when I'll next have the energy to write a batch. But I do have letters here I'd like to thank people for - Keetron, Zoesdare, Lamb, Poo -- and I think I'm missing a couple of people whose letters are in a box at home and I'll equally cherish! Thank you so much, they really brightened my day!

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

barclayed posted:

wtf my usps wants like $46 for three months

I worked for the USPS for a few years and PO box prices are split into two categories: competetive priceing and rural. So if you live anywhere that has a UPS/FedEx/Amazon Warehouse, you're going to pay more then some small nowhere town that has to ship their kids an hour away for school.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

coolusername posted:

I haven't been opening my mail since, well, my dad stopped being in remission since the final round of letters I sent. I removed my address from the list since I don't want to be all take and no give, and I don't know when I'll next have the energy to write a batch. But I do have letters here I'd like to thank people for - Keetron, Zoesdare, Lamb, Poo -- and I think I'm missing a couple of people whose letters are in a box at home and I'll equally cherish! Thank you so much, they really brightened my day!

Aw, you don't ever have to send mail to stay on the list, as long as you post periodically in the thread to let us know you're still around :)

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Having goon mail buds isn't a privilege, it is a right :haibrower:

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

lamb posted:

Aw, you don't ever have to send mail to stay on the list, as long as you post periodically in the thread to let us know you're still around :)

Good to know this, because I haven't joined because of time constraints: I'm perpetually afraid of not getting responses out in a timely fashion. Maybe next year, since I had an idea I wanted to do and probably mentioned it in here before.

Edit: This is apparently my first post in here. Guess I haven't mentioned anything, whoops.

Turbinosamente fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Dec 5, 2022

marlowe can you go
Oct 13, 2011
I'd love to be added back to the list! Moved last year and things have finally settled down a little, and I want to do something that will get me more in the holiday spirit. (No nws please.) And I'd love to get the password to the address list but I can't seem to send messages.

Kat White
160 Erie Rd
Pontiac MI 48341

marlowe can you go fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Dec 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

marlowe can you go posted:

I'd love to be added back to the list! Moved last year and things have finally settled down a little, and I want to do something that will get me more in the holiday spirit. (No nws please.) And I'd love to get the password to the address list but I can't seem to send messages.

Will do! You can email me for the password - lisa at side-o-lamb.com