Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Got a letter yesterday from Keetron.

I've sent out some x-mass cards and postcards but who knows when anyone will get them. Mail isn't as backed up this year in terms of letters but it can still get pretty bad as it gets closer to the 25th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Aristide posted:

Got a letter yesterday from Keetron.

I've sent out some x-mass cards and postcards but who knows when anyone will get them. Mail isn't as backed up this year in terms of letters but it can still get pretty bad as it gets closer to the 25th.

Royal Mail in the UK are out on strike at the moment so post coming in and out of England, Scotland and Wales has been on a go-slow for the past week and looks like it means to continue.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Aristide posted:

My first Goonmail! It's really cool to come home after a long day and find mail from the other side of the planet.

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
Received a Christmas postcard from Aristide. Thanks so much!

e: Also, thanks to Sharizard for the Holiday card & stickers!

Abyss fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Dec 15, 2022

Sharizard
Jun 15, 2009

Lamb, thanks for the cool "Merry Everything" ornament. I'll be putting it on my wreath. I typically leave my wreaths up until March, so the sentiment will fit well. lol

EDIT: Also, thanks Zoesdare for even more mail!

Sharizard fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 22, 2022

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Tree Bucket posted:

My first Goonmail! It's really cool to come home after a long day and find mail from the other side of the planet.

That's so pretty!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I am severely behind on both sending goonmail and thanking the thread for the mail sent to me. lamb thank you for the cute ornament! zoesdare thank you for the Halloween card! I'm sure there's a lot I'm forgetting!

Circumstances and stress conspired against me having cards ready to go for Christmas (I really should do what I keep telling myself and start working on these roundabout October) but once I'm back from my Christmas/new years trip I'll sit down and make something of a New Year card.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

kafkasgoldfish posted:

That's so pretty!

Ooh, I probably should've mentioned this in the first post-
thanks Aristide for a nice card and a fantastic envelope

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"
i have officially gotten moved in, and have begun the process of rifling through my parents' many piles to track down the mail i've received over the last couple weeks. so far, i've tracked down cards from Sharizard, lamb, and Aristide, and some awesome bird pics from Tree Bucket! the search will continue.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Happy Holidays from BYOB!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Happy Holidays from BYOB!

Aww, thanks BYOB!

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Thank you everyone from Edwin+Bre. We open all your mail and love it, highly appreciative of everything you guys send. Thank you very much. Hope you guys have a safe and happy holidays.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

quick, give me some ideas for postcards

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

say welcome, hello & maybe chat, draw a dragon, ask about crimes, add stickers of your pets, boom, perfect card

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Thank you very much to Aristide, Team Lunch, Keetron, skels, Zoesdare, and Sharizard for the envelopes full of happiness and kind words. Oh, and DLAO, who sent me an envelope of craft herpes :argh:

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I sent out a number of letters a while ago but they all seem to be lost by now. :smith:
I wonder if I screwed something up in general

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Let me check the pile tomorrow, I do not thank everyone in the thread and mostly do it to keep the thread alive and to let it be known I am still active and should not be taken off the list... drat, that sounds pretty selfish...

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Grinches are Glowing posted:

I sent out a number of letters a while ago but they all seem to be lost by now. :smith:
I wonder if I screwed something up in general

Ok, I checked and I cannot find anything from you but my record keeping only extends to the letters I did not yet answer.
Did you get the card I send out last week? Maybe we can trace it back to your local Postal office?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I'll go check my po box tomorrow! I didn't receive any notification of incoming mail like I should, but technology and snail mail are two things that don't like each other often

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

got new mail from barclayed, keetron, poo in the alley, and marlowe can you go, thanks friends! I have many replies to write and I will hopefully get to them soon!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you Lamb for the Christmas card, tree ornament and sticker!

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011
Thanks to lamb for the card and the tree ornament! I was also surprised to see a letter from Amsterdam in my mail yesterday, thanks Keetron!

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I got lamb's holiday card today! Thank you friend!

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
]I’m sorry I’ve been a bag of bones lately. But lamb and Zoe’sdare your regular mail have warmed my heart and I appreciate it. Keetron your home made card was absolutely lovely. Marlow can you go your card was very cute and made an excellent addition to my holiday cards 💕

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I got more stickers from Keetron a few days ago! thanks friend! I will write you again soon.

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Thank you for all the hand made and sent cards. Really has made the beginning of the year a lot brighter. I got a little chest together to hold onto them.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

More mail arrived from Tree Bucket, Anistide, my aunt and Zoesdare!

Thank you all, I hope we can keep this weird thread and group going. The lady who sells me stamps was all like "omg, more people should do this!" and you can guess what followed ;-)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Ravenicus posted:

I got a little chest together to hold onto them.

That’s a great idea. I have a file folder with my goonmail, but it deserves something nicer!

Thanks to Keetron, lamb, and Zoesdare for recent missives. I’ve been working our way through wedding thank you cards and don’t have much patience for handwriting beyond that, but soon!

kiraeh
Dec 7, 2014
I have a small stack of mail received and another growing stack of replies that I will be trying to get into the mail soon. Some people have not included return adresses- I filled in lamb's form but if anyone wants to send me the password for that list, my email is myusername(at)Gmail.com so I can send proper replies to everyone, that'd be swell!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

kiraeh posted:

I have a small stack of mail received and another growing stack of replies that I will be trying to get into the mail soon. Some people have not included return adresses- I filled in lamb's form but if anyone wants to send me the password for that list, my email is myusername(at)Gmail.com so I can send proper replies to everyone, that'd be swell!

Wait, I wrote back. I'll resend the email.

kiraeh
Dec 7, 2014
I just looked for it again and it was in my spam.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Got letters this week from zoesdare and aristide thank you both! I'll try and get replied posted soon

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I sent out a whole bunch of letters over the past few days! I hope they make it through this time, I included a ton of art I made.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Goatse and Gallant posted:

I sent out a whole bunch of letters over the past few days! I hope they make it through this time, I included a ton of art I made.

I got your envelope full of pigments, thank you!

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

That was fast, amazing! Gonna send a ton more!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
I'm getting ready to send out replies to everyone who has written me and noticed that marlowe can you go is not on the list for replies!

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Got letters from Abyss and GaG the last few days! Thank you both! GaG you must have said something about it in byob because I'm not seeing the comment ITT but yeah these stamps are just barely attached to the envelope lmao

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

hello all, recent life things, going back to Florida in a couple weeks. hoping to have a new address for goonmail soon. :)

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

rear end-penny posted:

Got letters from Abyss and GaG the last few days! Thank you both! GaG you must have said something about it in byob because I'm not seeing the comment ITT but yeah these stamps are just barely attached to the envelope lmao

Recently I tried to fix this with tons of glue and duct tape, but before I must have lost at least 10 to 15 letters due to failing stamps. Like, my entire Halloween card project in byob failed and resulted in me getting back 12 Halloween cards with an angry note by the mail guys that say that I have to pay to send stuff :negative:

I bought new stamps and new envelopes for my recent projects, not sure which letter you got right now (I sent a total of three to you over the past weeks) but it sounds like it's one of the older ones.

Unless my new stamps are also failing, in which case I'm going to cry like a baby. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Goatse and Gallant posted:

Unless my new stamps are also failing, in which case I'm going to cry like a baby. :cry:

The letter you send me had a stamp attached. When checking how well it was attached, I could pull it loose really easy and it hung on by a corner. You could try stapling them on, I am sure the mail people will love that.