Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hockeyfrog
Jun 11, 2008
I got an envelope yesterday in the mail. I shook it... it rattled. (I'm sure this freaked out USPS!)

I made sure to open it over a table that didn't have electronics on it... because I knew.

IT WAS FILLED WITH STARS! SO MANY STARS!

Thank you for my card filled with shiny starry goodness, Fluffy Bunnies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroduck
Aug 30, 2006

Astroduck
535 Harlestone Road
Duston
Northampton
Northamptonshire
England
NN5 6NX

I've got a pile of cards and a load of stamps. I'll get started writing tonight.
Expect stickers, origami and whatever.

Goon mail is one of best parts of the holiday season! :3:

Astroduck fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Nov 30, 2012

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Mizufusion posted:

I got two cards from goons today (and a couple cards from my mom) and now I'm super excited for the holidays. Thanks Fluffy Bunnies and Palette Swap!

Me too! Except for the cards from mom. ;) Thanks Fluffy Bunnies for the starry explosion! Thanks Palette Swap for the cool card.

I've got to get me some fun xmas cards to send out.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Got my first two cards! Thanks Fluffy Bunnies and marlowe can you go!! Goon mail is great :3:

I just sent out like thirty postcards so about that many of you should get ready for a postcard with my face on the front and greetings and incredibly mediocre drawings on the back!

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
Fluffy Bunnies, I got your card, love the penguins! Thanks!

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Thank you for the Christmas card Fluffy Bunnies!

pennymay
Nov 21, 2010
Yay, I already have my first batch of 11 ready to go, they'll just have to wait until Monday when I can get postage. Looking forward to this year's cards! This was the best part of my Christmas season a couple of years back and I didn't get to do it last year.

pennymay and revolther
653 E. 9th St.
Apt 1
Chico, CA 95928
USA

I'll do my best to return every bit of goon mail I get! :D

pennymay fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 1, 2012

China Blue
Nov 9, 2010
Does anyone here like Supernatural? The show? Because I have a couple of things I'd love to pass out if someone's a fan like me.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

China Blue posted:

Does anyone here like Supernatural? The show? Because I have a couple of things I'd love to pass out if someone's a fan like me.

YES, ME. I am secretly married to Jensen Ackles.

Cloyster
Jun 26, 2011

lamb posted:

YES, ME. I am secretly married to Jensen Ackles.
But I'm married to jensen ackles :(

China Blue
Nov 9, 2010
Huh? We should all get together some time because my husband is also Jensen Ackles. Strange.

Anyway, I only have two things so both of you can expect something.

jimmie
Feb 4, 2006

Help! They are going to steal my identity!
I've got a tiny request, goons. I'm currently abroad and won't be home until a week before Christmas. My boyfriend back home misses me a lot, and I miss him so much, especially with all the romantic Christmas stuff everywhere. I can't ask for cards this year because I've no idea what'll happen to those I've received after I head back home. Could y'all show him some goon love to tide him over until I'm able to go home?
His address is:
B Richardson
1725 S Marion
Apt B305
Springfield, MO 65807

Thanks, y'all. I can send you postcards from London in return. I have a few ready to go out on Monday and I'll see if I can get more done today. I have a lot of painting stuff here, so some of you might get watercolour postcards!

China Blue
Nov 9, 2010
I was too busy writing out cards to remember to add my own address. Whoops.

China Blue
47 Bramhall Rise
Duston
Northampton
Northamptonshire
England
NN5 6XH

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006
I am so going to the carde shoppee today.

And then trying to figure out some way to buy Christmas stamps that doesn't involve going to the post office.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I just sent out my first round of Christmas Cheer this morning. This is only the beginning.

pennymay
Nov 21, 2010

China Blue posted:

Huh? We should all get together some time because my husband is also Jensen Ackles. Strange.

Anyway, I only have two things so both of you can expect something.

But how can 4 people be married to Jensen Ackles? I feel... I feel betrayed.

THAT'S IT. I'm leaving Jensen for Misha. You three can share your groom.

I'm finding Supernatural things to send to you all. It just might take... a while.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

pennymay posted:

But how can 4 people be married to Jensen Ackles? I feel... I feel betrayed.

THAT'S IT. I'm leaving Jensen for Misha. You three can share your groom.

I'm finding Supernatural things to send to you all. It just might take... a while.

Don't be. I'm married to SEVERAL people who have no idea that I've married them... But seriously, the world certainly has more space for another Mrs. Channing Tatum, Mrs. Parker Hurley, and Mrs. Johnny Depp.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
Thanks for the postcard blinkeve1826, my first postcard from a goon.

Also thanks Fluffy Bunnies for the card, there was a hair under the tape sealing the envelope...I can't wait to see what comes out of the clone tube!!!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
This thread has picked up like crazy! So many goons!

My goonmas cheer is heading out on Monday morning. This is an advanced confetti warning. I'll try to write it on the envelope too. It's gonna be a Christ-mess! :lol:

Pendergast
Nov 11, 2012

China Blue posted:

I am a fan.

So yea, I love sending and getting mail. We have cards... somewhere that I can send. Just need to find them or failing that, buy some. Or make some, but I am a lovely artist.

Sarah D
30 horn creek ct
Edgefield, SC
USA

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
I got some cute cat mail from lamb!

My mother claimed the bracelet.

And some really, really awesome (but late thanks to chilean mail) Halloween mail from niemat

Thanks for the great P&F stuff!. The Halloween (back)story is more interesting than the Valentines day one, but I'll send you the details personally.

Mizufusion posted:

I got two cards from goons today (and a couple cards from my mom) and now I'm super excited for the holidays. Thanks Fluffy Bunnies and Palette Swap! :3:

JimmydaFish posted:

Me too! Except for the cards from mom. ;) Thanks Fluffy Bunnies for the starry explosion! Thanks Palette Swap for the cool card.

I've got to get me some fun xmas cards to send out.

Which cat did you get?. I sent 10 cards (for now), two of each of our cats, and it would be fun to know which are arriving first.

Cmdr Tomalak
Aug 13, 2007

How long shall we stare at each other across the Neutral Zone?
Picked up some cards today! I know I've been lax about sending stuff this year, but I will get these out, I promise!

I seem to have disappeared off the list, can I get back on?

Jenn Croome
2416 Headon Rd
Burlington, ON, Canada
L7M 3Y3

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Palette swap posted:

Which cat did you get?. I sent 10 cards (for now), two of each of our cats, and it would be fun to know which are arriving first.

I got a great pic of Loki with some plants.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Cmdr Tomalak posted:

I seem to have disappeared off the list, can I get back on?

No problem. I'm planning on updating the list with all of the new addresses tomorrow when I get in to work!

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

This thread has picked up like crazy! So many goons!

My goonmas cheer is heading out on Monday morning. This is an advanced confetti warning. I'll try to write it on the envelope too. It's gonna be a Christ-mess! :lol:

I was wondering if my mail got to you? I sent it out a while ago - if it got lost in the Canadian post, let me know and I'll send you off another one (with bonus weight loss congrats!)

So glad you got yours Rythe and Party Hat! I also sent something to Kafka's Goldfish, Locutus of Bald, and Genesplicer. Let me know if they arrive! If not, I guess I've got to put less bees in my packaging so the letters don't fly away :ohdear:

Report Cards are done, that means CARDS FOR EVERYONE!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

PezMaster posted:

I was wondering if my mail got to you? I sent it out a while ago - if it got lost in the Canadian post, let me know and I'll send you off another one (with bonus weight loss congrats!)

Thank you for sending me something! I'm sorry, it hasn't arrived yet. You don't have to send anything else, I'm sure it'll show up eventually. :ohdearsass:

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Got mail last week from Pitgoddess and Fluffy Bunnies! Thanks guys! I bought stamps too so I should be getting some holiday mail/SASS stuff out this week!

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Woohoo, I love this thread! Can't believe I almost forgot to post.

Erin Hannah
3109 Stevens St. Apt 6
Madison, WI 53705
US

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

So excited by all the new goons joining in on the mail fun!! My finals end a week from Monday, and then I'm rocking the hell outta some Christmas goon mail!!! :buddy:

Palette swap posted:

And some really, really awesome (but late thanks to chilean mail) Halloween mail from niemat

Thanks for the great P&F stuff!. The Halloween (back)story is more interesting than the Valentines day one, but I'll send you the details personally.

Excited to hear about Chilean Halloween! :3:

I also received a card from you, so many thanks!! I got Thor, lounging on what looks to be a bed!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

China Blue posted:

If you still have Supernatural things, I'm also a fan. :3:

Poof
Apr 18, 2002

I'm a long time MST3K fan (Who isn't) and enjoy riffing at bad movies. More recent likes are Grimm, Lost Girl, Game of Thrones, and Castle(<3 Captain Mal!)

My name/address:

Kate
603 Wilshire Blvd Ste 910
Los Angeles, CA 90017

Anything is fine (NWS/etc), just nothing illegal! :)

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Thank you for sending me something! I'm sorry, it hasn't arrived yet. You don't have to send anything else, I'm sure it'll show up eventually. :ohdearsass:

I don't think it'll show up - I sent it early in November, and I only live a ferry ride away :( Stupid Canada Post.

dpspolice
Oct 25, 2007
I did this a couple of years ago and it was great! My fiance and I would love to get some goon cards this year. I just picked some cards up today and will be sending them out to sometime this week.

Erin and Jason
23030 Halsted
Apt 216
Farmington Hills, MI 48335

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.
I have a backlog of non-Christmas postcards if anyone is interested in non-Holiday related cheer.

Some are from my own vacations, some are from tourist shops in my former city (DC), some are random old postcards purchases from a second hand store. All will have handwritten goon tidings though. Who knows what you might receive?

Poof
Apr 18, 2002

Crazy Old Clarice posted:

I have a backlog of non-Christmas postcards if anyone is interested in non-Holiday related cheer.

It sounds awesome! Last one of these I didn't receive anything. :(

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

PezMaster posted:

I don't think it'll show up - I sent it early in November, and I only live a ferry ride away :( Stupid Canada Post.

The post on the island is terrible. Everything comes late, or never at all. We're in a different world over here. A painstakingly slow one. :saddowns:

China Blue
Nov 9, 2010

cuntvalet posted:

If you still have Supernatural things, I'm also a fan. :3:

I guess I could scrounge together one more card, as it's Christmas. :3:

I just wish I could give one to everyone but I'm running out of supplies now.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
Mr. Kent
115 West Dawes Ave.
Lincoln, NE 68521

The dumber the better.

Edit: Also SA reltated works too, that way everyone can look at them puzzled and wonder if I am in danger but I am happy to just receive anything. This will be the first holiday without someone very dear to me who passed away.

Favorabilis Solitud fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 3, 2012

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

I got some amazing cards last year, including an awesome drawing of my avatar by Dream Phone. I can't wait for all the wonderful mail to come my way again this year.

Naomi D.
556 Woodtick Road
Wolcott CT, 06716

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

I've been working 6 days in a row, and about to start another run but I wanted to pop in and say thank you for the cards I've received.

Just got fluffy bunnies this morning. And a card from chile last week. Thank you!

Back to the grind.