Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

All Hat No Cattle
Apr 18, 2005

It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.
I really don't want to post my address, but I do love sending cards. I can't live up to all the awesome in this thread, but IT'S MAIL IT'S FREE BE HAPPY OKAY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zombiesharks
Mar 2, 2007
DeYoung I also got your package :)

I sent out a few today so hopefully they make it intact.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I definitely want to send goon cards out again this year. I wouldn't mind getting some mail, too.

IMJack
3206 Damascus Way
Farmers Branch, TX 75234

Now I'm committed and I definitely have to get off my rear end and get some cards together.

seakindliness
Apr 23, 2009
I sent off a couple of cards and haven't heard back. I hope they got to where they needed to be. I'd love to get some goon mail, but I'm moving soon and don't know where I'll end up. Maybe I'll send out some more goon mail this week since a lot more people are wanting mail.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I could use some mail. I always reply and I just broke up with my boyfriend and am feeling unexpectedly lovely about it. :smith:

Spadoink
Oct 10, 2005

Tea, earl grey, hot.

College Slice
I think maybe the Christmas card exchange should get its own thread. I know previous years people are still adding their addresses up into the double digit pages - and for folks that are adding their addresses here, on page 6 or 7, very little holiday mail may come your way if the people have to backslog to where the "in for Christmas" folks begin.

Just a thought.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Van Goober posted:

Niemat, I also work in a Path lab, perhaps you would be interested in some sort of festive holiday specimen exchange?

Now I wish I finished my degree and had a bio job. :sigh:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Spadoink posted:

I think maybe the Christmas card exchange should get its own thread. I know previous years people are still adding their addresses up into the double digit pages - and for folks that are adding their addresses here, on page 6 or 7, very little holiday mail may come your way if the people have to backslog to where the "in for Christmas" folks begin.

Just a thought.

I think we should be OK with this one - I update the address list in the first post to drop off the people who haven't posted in the thread for more than two months or so (right now it includes people who have posted since October), so the only ones on there should be people who want Thanksgiving/Xmas mail.

http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html

Or, for those who prefer excel spreadsheets: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

lamb fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Nov 10, 2011

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

13Pandora13 posted:

I could use some mail. I always reply and I just broke up with my boyfriend and am feeling unexpectedly lovely about it. :smith:

:glomp: Ask and ye shall receive

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Van Goober posted:

Niemat, I also work in a Path lab, perhaps you would be interested in some sort of festive holiday specimen exchange?

There are definitely some fall-themed gold, brown, and orange specimens going through... And how can we not think Christmas with all the red and green ones this time of year?! Expect some Path-themed mail, my friend. Offer accepted. (As a warning, though, I won't be snagging/sending/wanting any real specimens... Again, see them allllllll the time. :sigh:)

Mizufusion posted:

Now I wish I finished my degree and had a bio job. :sigh:

Good news! You don't need a bio degree to work in a Path lab or receive Path-themed mail, should that be your desire! I get paid slightly more because I have a bio degree, but I'm seriously the only one in our lab with one and the slightly more is very slight (think fifty cents slight). So, follow your dreams! Apply to path labs! Just be warned, your job is to literally handle people's poo poo all day...

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Spadoink posted:

Just a thought.

I agree.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

lamb posted:

I think we should be OK with this one - I update the address list in the first post to drop off the people who haven't posted in the thread for more than two months or so (right now it includes people who have posted since October), so the only ones on there should be people who want Thanksgiving/Xmas mail.

http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html

Or, for those who prefer excel spreadsheets: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

The url list on my screen cuts off after "Chad Vader"... Is anyone else having this problem? :ohdear:

That being said, I am one of those who prefer excel spreadsheets, so THANKS FOR THE EXCEL SPREADSHEET! :D

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Niemat posted:

The url list on my screen cuts off after "Chad Vader"... Is anyone else having this problem? :ohdear:

That being said, I am one of those who prefer excel spreadsheets, so THANKS FOR THE EXCEL SPREADSHEET! :D

Refresh the page and try again? If it still doesn't work I can email it to you.

lamb fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 10, 2011

Auryn
Dec 20, 2004

Auryn Goonheimer
1605 Scenic Dr
West Trenton NJ 08628

NWS: yes, please!

Any holiday is fine, although I do celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Vixenella
Mar 24, 2009
I'll post my address in here in case this is the only Christmas card thread. My BF is another goon (Alkaphanel)

Nicole & Mike
311 2988 Silver Springs Blvd
Coquitlam BC
V3E 3R6

I'll be sending some cards when we get back from Vegas (Nov 28)

Chad Vader
May 7, 2007

by angerbutt

Spadoink posted:

Just a thought.

Thirded. If theres no thread by tyre time I'm home Ill start one up.

Doctor Dope
Oct 4, 2005

timey-wimey fruity booty
I've been way short on time lately, but I'll try to get as much stuff as I can out this time around. I have a new place for the winter and (almost) never go outside because snow/school/stressful PT writing job so I needs me some entertainment. Goon mail is good mail.

EJL
853 E Front St
Apt 6
Traverse City, MI

BigHustle
Oct 19, 2005

Fast and Bulbous
I have five packages being sent out early next week for five unlucky Goons.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

Amarie posted:

Amber B
Duluth, MN 55806

Hello, neighbor!

I am a brand new goon spending her first holiday season in a brand new city. I would be so :D to get some mail and I'll definitely be sending out plenty.

I like creative artsy stuff, clever things, really, whatever you feel like sending that would be fun to receive. I'm not much of a celebrator of holidays, but I will welcome any kind of holiday cheer, or if you'd rather send something totally random that would also be awesome. If you happen to speak Finnish I would really smile.

No NSW on the envelope, nothing that comes from something that is alive please.

Anna Koivunen
301 N 8th Ave E
Duluth, MN 55805

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Look at what they had at Target today in the dollar section!

All I'm going to say is, you all are lucky I've already loaded up on tchotchkes to send, otherwise it would be a very Bieber Christmas.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was a latecomer to the holiday card exchange last year, but I've got a stash that's been growing all year to send to goons, so until/unless there's a dedicated holiday card thread, I'll just start working my way through this thread.

K Wolter
760-0080 Kagawa, Takamatsu
Kita-cho 3423-1 Dolphin Kita 2 #405
Japan

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I got an envelope from Zombiesharks today with a cool Simpsons poster, some mini card games, a rhinoceros, candy and Thanksgiving goodies. Thanks! I gave my son the turkey stickers - he wore them on his face to school. I tried to explain that was not the intended use. He did not care.

zombiesharks
Mar 2, 2007

lamb posted:

I got an envelope from Zombiesharks today with a cool Simpsons poster, some mini card games, a rhinoceros, candy and Thanksgiving goodies. Thanks! I gave my son the turkey stickers - he wore them on his face to school. I tried to explain that was not the intended use. He did not care.

Haha that's great I'm glad he enjoyed them. :)

Fish on a Stick
Aug 12, 2008
Yay mail!!!
Last year I got tons of awesome cards so I am looking forward to this year too :)
I will probably be sending out Japanese New Years cards instead of Christmas ones since Christmas cards can be hard to find here.

Fish on a Stick
Shimane-ken, Matsue-shi
Koshibara 7-10-30 Kaorigaoka Leopalace #104
690-0012 Japan

RubySprinkles
Jul 8, 2008
Oh yay, card time again! :woop:

C.E.Grimes
405 Harvard Drive
Princeton, TX 75407

freudianquips
Nov 7, 2008
I got so many awesome cards last year! I love getting mail from anonymous internet strangers :downs:

Mine address:
lefolieadeux
1750 Stokes St.
APT 150
San Jose, CA 95126

Kitten Kisses
Apr 2, 2007

Dancing with myself.
Goon cards were one of the biggest highlights of Christmas for me last year, definitely have to do it again this year. I bought a ton of christmasy stickers after the holidays last year when they went on sale just so I would be ready to send out more goodies this year!

Please send me more Christmas cheer this year, goons!

L&B Davis
11023 ne 125th ln v104
Kirkland, wa 98034

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Palette Swap is awesome! Just got an envelope from him. He even included a small bag of cocaine, fresh from South American! (kidding! it was a CD)

More impressive there was no stamp on the front, but some sort of post office sticker that has $960 on it. I am now pretending that Palette Swap spent close to a thousand US dollars to mail me. Woohoo!

Edit: the mail was from Chile.

Fozzy The Bear fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 15, 2011

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
I wanna play!

J&C Scrathes
#108 5630 Inman Avenue
Burnaby, BC
Canada
V5H 2L7

NSFW is fine as long as it stays inside the envelope.

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
I love these exchange threads! Nothing nws please and I love cats. My cat Kura would love some attention too.

Cymoril
2405 Vermont View Drive
Watervliet, NY 12189
USA

I will be mailing stuff out this week or next!

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math
Aww, I miss the days when getting letters in the mail was exciting and didn't just mean people wanted money from you. (Please send money).

Drei
1310 Fillmore St. Apt. 707
San Francisco 94115

Quirky, cutesy things make me happy inside. Dec 19 is my birthday, and I'm technically Jewish but don't care either way.

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Is it to early to mail out x-mas stuff? :ohdearsass:

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I am the worst penpal ever.

I am sending out two cards to lamb and 13pandora13 tomorrow. :) Snail mail is a good way to cheer up.

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

So is this going to be the christmas card thread?

I'm getting some internation stamps this week. Got the cards all ready for christmas :D

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

nonpromqueen posted:

So is this going to be the christmas card thread?

It seems so! I have cards addressed to about half of the goons on the list so far, but I refuse to send any of them until after Thanksgiving. Back in my day we didn't have this decorating for Christmas right after Halloween. We waited to celebrate, dagnabbit (I know there's an emoticon of an old man shaking his fist but I couldn't find it).

Pay me no mind though mysa09. It's never too early to send stuff :)

lamb fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Nov 16, 2011

SeriousCrimesUnit
Jul 12, 2010

If I ever see you in this city again, God help you.

lamb posted:

Back in my day we didn't have this decorating for Christmas right after Halloween. We waited to celebrate, dagnabbit

Glad I'm not the only Scrooge about that. There were lights decorating trees on the street in my city before Halloween and I got all "Bah! Humbug!" about it :argh:.

But wasn't there a secret Santa thread? I vaguely remember it. The only reason I ask is because I worry about certain goons not getting anything as this is all random.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
I just came back from a major holiday supply shopping spree, and I can't wait to get started on this poo poo. :neckbeard:

I may just end up sending these out early.

Christmas cards before Thanksgiving? Perish the thought. At least I'm not alone!

Rufus En Fuego fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 16, 2011

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

GuardianOMS posted:

But wasn't there a secret Santa thread?

There sure is: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447717

I know everyone will get at least one piece of mail - I send to everyone who posts their address, and I know there are a few other goons who do as well.

SeriousCrimesUnit
Jul 12, 2010

If I ever see you in this city again, God help you.
Sweet, thanks! I'll take part in both then! I suck at arts and crafts but if crudely drawn reindeer can bring some holiday cheer, I'm all for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Supermega thanks to Gonzo Ronin and Lamb for the awesome treat filled Goonmails. You both really made my day after my incredibly crappy last week. :3:

Reply mail to you two as well as Hypothetical McGee went out today!