Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

13Pandora13 posted:

I got Goonmail from Pit Goddess today, w00t!

Me too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
So there are some REALLY important holidays coming up this month, apparently. Such as Aug 18th is National Bad Poetry Day, Aug 26th National Dog Day, Aug 27th Just Because Day, and Aug 30th is Frankenstein Day AND Toasted Marshmallow Day.

People better be ready for some terrible poetry, badly drawn dog pix, and other such randomness.

And in September, I am celebrating the 6th anniversary of my 25th Birthday. :-)

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

And the most important one of all is Aug 25, Julet Esqu's birthday. :colbert:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Is birthdays a thing now? I had my birthday.... yesterday! And I became like 31 for the 7th time?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

There is a birthday column on the contact list so I am going to go ahead and say it is a thing. Happy birthday!

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006

Keetron posted:

Is birthdays a thing now? I had my birthday.... yesterday! And I became like 31 for the 7th time?

Happy birthday birthday buddy! :hfive: I plan on sending some stuff out soon.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Thank you, DLAO, for the birthday card, the birthday poetry, and the birthday glitter. I had to open it over the sink. :)

Thank you, Team Lunch, for the postcard. My summer has been mostly pleasant. :)

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
PitGoddess! I got your card! Was about to send one back to you, but I noticed the return address was different than what's on the mailing list. Send it to that one? Just double checking- I don't want you to miss your card. :ohdear:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Team Lunch!!!!!! Thank you for the postcard of the creepy house. It would be a nice place to live, were it not for the potential of hurricane damage.

Shenanigansluck
Dec 10, 2013
Hey everyone sorry for the long time away. Life has been crazy. Well I'm
Back and can't wait to get involved again :) maybe I'll have some fall love to send out.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Shenanigansluck posted:

Hey everyone sorry for the long time away. Life has been crazy. Well I'm
Back and can't wait to get involved again :) maybe I'll have some fall love to send out.

You did well, thanks for the mail! Same to Julet Esqe, DLAO and Team Lunch. Will be writing some letters the coming days / weeks, mostly to regulars but let me know if you crave mail.

Must admit I don't dare to open DLOA's letter for fear of glitter.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Keetron posted:

Must admit I don't dare to open DLAO's letter for fear of glitter.

What?! But.. but... glitter is LIFE!

Shenanigansluck
Dec 10, 2013
I was going over the address list getting ready to send out some Goodies and realized my likes are not really me anymore. I am nerdy and love Doctor who, animals, scary things, and I'm a painter which someday I hope to have time to handmade cards someday. Also my birthday is at the end of September of anyone wants to send me a card.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Having yourself and all your possessions covered in a layer of glitter and confetti is only one of the exciting features of goon mail.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Been out of the mail game for the past few months, because life's been a little crazy lately. But we're in a new place now, and I was wondering if anyone wanted to do the pen pal thing with me! I'm not really in a position to send out fancy mail at the moment, but I could certainly do some old fashioned letters! :D

lamb, would you be willing to update the list with my new address?
811 S 50th Ave, Omaha, NE 68106

Edit:

Shenanigansluck posted:

Also my birthday is at the end of September of anyone wants to send me a card.

What up, end of September birthday buddy? :hfive:

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

The list is up to date!

e: Niemat I'm always up for another penpal.

SuzieMcAwesome
Jul 27, 2011

A lady should be two things, Classy and fabulous. Unfortunately, you my dear are neither.
I have been off and on the list in the past, but I am down for more mail!

I JUST FOUND OUT I'M HAVING A BABY!!!!!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

SuzieMcAwesome posted:

I have been off and on the list in the past, but I am down for more mail!

I JUST FOUND OUT I'M HAVING A BABY!!!!!

You will be mailed.

And with that, I want to apologize for the insane ramblings I send out. I promise you guys I am sane in my daily interactions with people but later at night when I sit down to write out those letter... well, not so much. If you never want to hear again, please let me know. In a hand written note, using a real stamp because we love foreign stamps at our house.

Jesticle
Sep 30, 2002
Hi folks. I owe some 'thank yous' from the past 6 months! I will be doing so in the form of goon mail. :) Hope all is well!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I got a very nice letter from Keetron! The sepia ink is a nice choice. I'm using something similar in one of my art projects. (I'm making a grail-diary type sketch book, and I wanted to have an antique look.)

Thanks for the letter! It brightened our day.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

genesplicer posted:

Thanks for the letter! It brightened our day.

Then to think I was almost ashamed to send it considering the messy it felt. Will send you a better letter another letter soon!

No, I am not stalking this thread to see if anythings I send arrived already.
Yes, I totally do.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I also got a very nice letter from Keetron! Sooner or later I will get around to writing you a reply. :)

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Team Lunch I got your postcard! =D

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Hey guys I used to participate here a year or two back! My gf and I moved into a new place and she would be super excited to get mail from far away friends. We both work at Disney so you can expect cute Disney postcards. We'd love to get stuff we can hang on our wall.

Disargeria/cranberry sauce
13867 Osprey Links Rd
Apartment #150
Orlando, Fl 32837

Miss you guys!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Disargeria posted:

Hey guys I used to participate here a year or two back! My gf and I moved into a new place and she would be super excited to get mail from far away friends. We both work at Disney so you can expect cute Disney postcards. We'd love to get stuff we can hang on our wall.

Disargeria/cranberry sauce
13867 Osprey Links Rd
Apartment #150
Orlando, Fl 32837

Miss you guys!

I AM SO JEALOUS. I love Disney.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Hey guys! Long time no see.

I'm back, and I'm ready to mail some goons.

May I be added to the list again? I have an excess of goonloving to distribute.

*redacted!*

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 29, 2017

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Hi all!

I miss you fantastic penpals (although a few of you I've been in regular contact with). I have a handful of intl stamps too, so I'll get back on it. <3

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

thepitgoddess posted:

Hi all!

I miss you fantastic penpals (although a few of you I've been in regular contact with). I have a handful of intl stamps too, so I'll get back on it. <3

The downside of actual pen and paper mailing is to keep track of what you send to who. I have no clue if I send you some twisted words already, but I could do so again.
In fact, I need to sit down and write some letters, I need the meditation.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I just placed my order for goon Xmas cards. I hope you guys will be participating this year!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Every year I hang my christmas cards across the living room, but some of these cards are quite old now and I could do with some replacing.

Send me new cards, goons!

Meghan Dale
223-31 Bayswater Pl
Kingston, ON
K7M 2B8

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

lamb posted:

I just placed my order for goon Xmas cards. I hope you guys will be participating this year!

I'm definitely in ! Hope you goons like Krampus cards.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
I'm going to be home for the holidays in just a week and there will be CRYPTIDSMAS 2.0 in works! Any artsy goons want to do a card trade?

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.

lamb posted:

Thanks for the redirect from the SASS thread! :)

I've got Christmas cards aplenty - probably not too exciting but hopefully it's the thought that counts.

Just moved house, so new address since I last joined in!

Meg W/Hemlock
47 Rock Hill
Chipping Norton
OXON
OX7 5BA
ENGLAND/UK

Can people posting their addresses make sure they put the country at the end? Assume they're mostly US/Canada if they're not listed and will Google to try to check but don't want to muddle any up by mistake!

Edit: Wrote my own post code wrong- O not 0!!

Hemlock fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 15, 2015

lady flash
Dec 26, 2007
keeper of the speed force
I'm hoping to get a few out this year, having a toddler and newborn makes free time a luxury I don't often have.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Are there any eurogoons doing this? Anyway, I have ordered some neat artsy postcards (of non-Christmas variety), so Ill start writing some boring letters tomorrow. If anyone wants to brighten my dull life a little bit, feel free to send me some words (and if you're feeling extra generous, a cd of some local band, anything goes except jazz or reggae, rock/metal is super appreciated), and I'll definitely write back with some goodies, music (please specify what you're into, so I won't send you Dutch gabber or something) and horrible handwriting. The address is

ul. Zgoda 2, m.5
05-804 Pruszków
Poland

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

I'm always down for Christmas cards! I actually think I still have some from last year that didn't make it to the mailbox... :blush: They'll make it this year!

And lamb, I still owe you a letter!! I haven't forgotten, and I actually got awesome stationary just for your letter!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

I'm back in for Xmas cards! I was going to send Halloween cards but yeah...... didn't quite happen. Sorry I've not been sending stuff lately, works been crazy these past few months.

JimmydaFish
3385 Burbank Dr
Ann Arbor Michigan 48105
US

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Back for the holidays.

Kathleen S.
404 Rainbow Ct SE Apt B
Albuquerque NM 87123

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Lamb, I got your goonmail--- the stickers are tots adorbs! *Kawaii dance*!!

13Pandora13--- I know I got a letter from you that I need to return.

I think I got something from someone else, but I'm a bad penpal and my husband and I have been busy with foster animals. One was a dog who liked to pee... on everything--- like the mail. He was a big dog and knocked/pulled stuff down to pee on. One of those things was my laptop. He has not been my favorite foster to date.

I'd love to do holiday cards. I bought a bunch last year for this purpose before we moved... I need to either get out and get more, or get motivated and unpack!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I didn't make as much progress on my Christmas card as I wanted to over the weekend, but I can still pull it off! I plan to send out cards here and would love to get some from you guys as well.

IMJack
3206 Damascus Way
Farmers Branch, TX 75234