Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

lamb posted:

Thank you so much for the beautiful peacock card, wwc! These stickers will come in handy when I prepare my Easter cards :)

For all of the newcomers and people added back to the list, it's up to date as of this post.

You are so welcome. The peacock is pretty in a totally FABULOUS kind of way, haha. They're a bit over the top but I liked 'em. Glad you like the stickers, too. That's why I love them, they're flat and cheap and not heavy, and the added bonus of the recipient being able to stick them on the next batch of goonmail, it's the decoration that keeps on giving. That wasn't your Valentine btw, I haven't sent those yet. That was just a 'hey you're loving awesome for keeping this thread going and doing all the clerical work' card (not to mention the financial investment you've made in this thread!). Thank you for being a Mail Goddess.

I wish I could send as many Valentine's as I did xmas cards but I'll only be able to send a few. Money's really tight right now, and I hear you folks on the postage being expensive. It adds up. :( But I'm going to do my best. I might not be able to stuff the envelopes with much, but I'll try!

cardboardRobot should be getting her chernobyl angel soon. It's really quite atrocious. I will probably be sending more in the Valentine's batch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

I went back after taking stuff out of the envelopes and they said it was still too thick for the regular postage. :negative:

Looks like I'm going to have to spend a lot more on my valentines than I had planned. This is going to be at least 30 to send....Ugh stupid post office with their strict rules. I'm going to redo the envelopes yet again and stick the chocolates back in. If they're going to make me pay more for it I might as well make the most of it.

It's painful, isn't it. :( I actually bought a plexiglas template from the Post Office some years back, it was really useful because it had the thickness so I could pass an envelope through to make sure it was within limits. Apparently they don't even sell those templates anymore.

Postage is so freaking expensive. I spent $50ish on xmas card postage, and am using my leftover stamps that I've kept for over a year to send the Valentines. I dialed it down, can't afford to send as many Valentine's as I did xmas cards.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

miryei posted:

Does anyone know if I can just buy 5-cent and 7-cent stamps to make up the difference, or if I have to buy all new stamps for international mail? I'd like to get smaller denominations and just use them with the leftover stamps I bought last month if that's an option.

Working on valentines now. Feeling really uncreative about it this year, though, so there will probably only be a few.

You can just add stamps. Stamps are virtually the same as currency, except of course only working as stamps and not being able to buy a house with them. I bought a shitload of 1c-25c stamps because the series that was current are these gorgeous bugs of Canada ones. I have tons so I can weather most postal increases... with bugs! :sun:

But seriously the artwork of those bugs is gorgeous. A lot of you have seen them.

Can't remember if it was mentioned, but Canada's postal rates went up as well. Just FYI to the Canadians.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Bushwhacked posted:

Bonus Valentine cat butt:

Aww! I think I love your kitty!

I got my first Valentine from Hemlock today. Thank you SO much, it made my day which was lovely up until that point. I love the stickers too. You're awesome. :3:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

skels posted:

Sent out some packages of nonsense yesterday. Turns out my kitchen scales and the Post Office scales disaggree by 1g, and I had to pay double the postage! Asshats. Still - all in the name of fun :)

Awww, that blows. 1 stinking gram, isn't it always the way. Glad to see you're having fun though! :sun:

I've been looking for my plexiglas template, and I can't find it anywhere so I'm hoping that my stuff is ok, and nobody gets it postage due. That would embarrass the hell out of me.

I should have checked the mail sooner, as I got a ton of stuff last week! I honestly wasn't expecting it, I thought it would be some time still before the valentine's started rolling in. Big huge thanks to Niemat, vegemitesandwich, Thermophonic Joy, and lamb. I love being creeped on, vegemite. Thermophonic, I adore the fishy! And wow, so much cool stuff inside, blew me away. So did yours, lamb, you continue to spoil me. Niemat sent the most adorable card (puppy!) illegal or not, a bag might make my life more interesting. :D

Time to work on some stuff, I managed to grab some more stamps. Year of the Dragon ones, who could resist? Canada Post's Chinese New Year stamps continue to be awesome and gorgeous.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Team Lunch posted:

KEETRON! drew my request! Sharks watching human week! Very Gary Larson-esque! (My asshat apartment manager wrote '9K' on the front, gee thanks.)

Wow, what a douche. That art is awesome and definitely Larson-esque.

Thank you cardboardRobot. I got your delicious Valentine today, and the Ovations were a great after dinner treat. I kept seeing them say 'Ovaltine' on the package, which is definitely my stupid brain. Taste a lot better than Ovaltine! :D

Also I wish I could fold like you, I love that heart. :3:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

You're very welcome! And that heart was actually very easy to make! Found a tutorial online and went for it. Was actually quite relaxing. If anyone has any good origami tutorials I'd love to give them a try.

Oh poo poo, you know what I just realized? I have some origami paper, and my fingers just aren't nimble enough (arthereetus) to do that sort of thing. I was wondering what to do with that paper but I just heard a big bell go off in my head. I'll prepare an envelope and send you some of that paper sometime this week. :D

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Team Lunch, your envelope was open when I received it, so I hope everything was in there. Looks like the seal came undone. :ohdear:

I got one today and there was a single piece of tape on it, I think it was threatening to do the same thing.

Thank you Team Lunch! I love it! It's so weird to me that you and lamb both sent friendship bracelets, because I found a couple in my embroidery thread case and was going to send them out not a few days before we started to get the ones from you two. It's spooky and reminded me of those stories of women who all work in the same office ending up getting PMS at the same time and all that. I hope this does not constitute hive mind in any way.

(dude I am such a loving retard)

Anyway, I feel like a jerk, if you got a Valentine from me, be careful when opening. I stupidly put some heart confetti in some of the envelopes and I realized at a certain point that that poo poo is simply insidious. I really really regret it and I'm sorry! Be careful when opening envelopes from me. I'm still picking pieces of it out of the carpet and even my goddamn duvet. I didn't think it would be as loving evil as it turned out to be. :downs:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thank you to the Genesplicers, wow what a beautiful card! I'm hugely impressed (but not surprised, the name Genesplicer has come to mean quality, ho ho).

But for reals, it's gorgeous and I love the heart inside. Thanks :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I'm reading The Hobbit over again, and it would be very fitting to receive a Hobbit themed Valentine if you feel like sending one my way!

Ohhh btw, I forgot to tell you that your card did not make my house into a glitter-site. It all stayed in the envelope until I shook it out to admire. I was utterly thrilled with all the wonderful stuff you sent me. :sun:

You will see what I meant about MY glittery hearts when you get your valentine. :( I haven't sent yours yet (you're so close it'll only take a couple of days to arrive, hence you and other Canadians are going out second batch) so I might actually put it in a little plastic bag just to save you the angst of trying to pick the stupid things up.

*edit- Does anyone have Comrade Koba's address? I got an xmas card a little while ago, no returning address and I'd like to send some Valenlove.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 2, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

This post says just how many santees we have needing a santa. This post right here gives you all the information I'd need to match you up with a deadbeatee if you'd like to help out. You're also welcome to enter into the second round of exchanging, but ultimately we need more santas than 'both'. :ohdearsass: We need US mailing santas more than international ones, but we'd be happy to take anybody.

I wish soooo badly that I could help, but I'm beyond broke. Sorry, and sorry to hear that there were a lot of deadbeats. I missed SASS this year (last year too, I think) because I knew I couldn't afford it, wanted to though. If you're really really super stuck I could send something smallish and not store bought, like art or crafts or something, but it would have to be envelopish sized, like $3ish dollars postage (being on a severly limited income and all). I want to help but I don't want to commit to something I can't follow through with. But if that would help and someone out there would get nothing at all, I guess that's the best I can offer. I hope that you get Santa's to fill in. It's too bad that the people who want a round two wouldn't just give that up and focus on Santa duty, but I can see the appeal. Us folks love our presents from strangers, don't we?

piratescurvy posted:

Jumping over from the Valentine Card Swap thread.... I did the trade Valentine gift deal last year and it was awesomely fun, so I'm in. Unlike last years it seems we aren't assigned a goon, so I'll pick a few of you at random. Lucky you(s)!

If any goon wants to send me stuff: I like cats, rats, tfr, bikes, vegan, eurotrash, anything perverted, fagoon, and anything just plain nerdy.

Walter M
*address redacted

P.S. - I'm new to Chicago, when's the next Chicagoon-meet? Be mine.

Oh wow, I don't remember being assigned a goon to exchange with. I might have missed last year's Valentines shenanigans though, it was a pretty horrible year and I withdrew from like, everything. I remember doing this same thing the year before though, just sending Valentine's to whoever you chose from a list.

Welcome to the thread :3: to all the other new folks, too.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Oct 25, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I have a question for US goons. I'm trying to mail something to Genesplicer, but I'm a little unsure about her address on the goonlist. What's this 4040 at the end?

*Banning, CA 92220-4040?????*

Do I put that in? On her letter to me, the return address shows no 4040.

- Sincerely,
Confused Canadigoon.

Aw, I would absolutely love one! Homemade goodies are the best goodies. Please and thank you! :buddy:

Genesplicer is a He (Walt), although his wife also participates and is awesome. The 4040 is just an additional zip code, in high population areas they add it on for faster sorting, I believe. It's normal and should be added.

http://www.amazon.com/Vintage-Valentines-Press-Out-Book/dp/037587514X

I wish I had of found this before today! I found it at Safeway tonight and it's too late now grrrr, but maybe I can do some more Valentine's and send some of them out. I was actually wanting these last month but thought I'd have to order them from amazon and I wasn't interested in doing that. But I picked them up, so if I do another batch or send return Valentine's this is what you will be getting! :sun:

I love them so much, those are the kind we used to have back when I was in elementary school. gently caress I'm old.

Also about homemade things and crafts- I am always up for homemade stuff, and really love and appreciate it, if anyone wants someone to send those kind of things to. But never ever feel like you -have- to send me anything, I'm about the least exciting goon mail person, there's cooler people to send stuff too. I still have everything on a bulletin board that I've received over the years, homemade stuff goes on it and the rest of my mail is in a woven basket.

I've gotten some loving fantastic stuff through goon mail. Forums magnets (LOVE those and wish I could remember who sent them), a get out frog magnet (I *think* that was Team Lunch?), a cross-stitch :neckbeard: smilie from Skels, fantastic homemade crafts and things from Genesplicer and his lovely wife, tons of stuff. Thermophonic Joy's excellent Valentine's card is going up there once this round is over, oh I love that fishy! They're my favorite. :D Essentially I'm saying you guys are awesome.

I gotta get batteries so I can take photos of it soon.

Does anyone remember that goon scrapbook I started a few years ago? I've always wondered what happened to that thing. I would love to do something like that again, but that one disappeared and those sorts of things generally don't turn out well, there's always someone that drops the ball and keeps it. I don't really blame, postage sending something like that around can be fierce. It was pretty big, like the size of a normal A1 paper, but fairly thick. We each took a page and put drawings or collage-y stuff in it that showed a bit about where we lived or who we were. It was fun and I loved seeing the photos of the other people's contributions, but yeah somewhere along the line it disappeared. Good times.

I wonder if it would be worth a shot to try again, but only with the super dependable mail folks who have been doing this for awhile. Could be interesting and fun.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Feb 6, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Gosh, I wish I'd known that like THREE seconds ago... I hit refresh and sealed that envelope shut before I looked up at your post. I hope mister Gene Splicer (hehehe) doesn't mind some super girly homemade Valentine gooness. Gawd. I sent that stuff to a dude. My face is burning.

I'm delighted you liked my fish! I was afraid to try making them because I lack any sort of artistic skill, but what the hell... Everyone liked them! For round two of my Goonentines, I sent a different kind of homemade card, and yet a different one for round three. Maybe I'll send you something else, since postage to you is so reasonable. :buddy:

Doooon't feel bad, I have done that tons of times before. It's really ok. Actually my most embarrassing goon valentine story... a few years ago, we did the same thing. Well, I had these cards from a set from Costco, some of you might know the ones. The 'love/romance' type cards I really had no use for, and I thought they were kind of really cheesy. Like, one was an embossed monstrosity of a table with two people playing footsie under it, with a fabric rose on the table but you couldn't see their faces, just the footsies. They were just silly, and I had bought the set for the birthday cards.

So, of course I thought I'd send them to goons from the thread, and also fulfil my mischief quota for the week in one fell swoop. I got word from the thread later that one fellow received one and was quite embarrassed with it, and apparently his girlfriend was miffed about it. Oops. So don't feel bad. :sun: :glomp:

Oh, and I was thinking the same thing, you're so close that I think I'll send you another, with one of the vintage Valentines. I sent one a few days ago, you should get it soon!

Also Ms. McGee, I love what you did with the stickers! Very cool. Makes me think about scrapbooking all my old goonmail. Hmm...

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 6, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

I sent those last year :3: if it's a thick magnet then yup! That was me! Man those were such a pain to make because of how thick the magnets were. I absolutely loved sending them out but my fingers couldn't handle that much work again this year. I still have some leftover magnet sheets from that too.

Ahhh I am not surprised it was you! To this day, those are one of my all time favorite things I've ever gotten from this gig. I don't blame you for taking a break from it, it is a bitch to cut that stuff by hand. I have some magboard too, my old job used to be cutting magnets. Hence where I (stole) got the magboard. It was my aunt's business, she didn't care if I stole some. I want to make some magnets as well but I haven't thought of a good design that wasn't ripping someone else off, and also I don't have access to a laminator anymore. One day though.

I am so sorry I forgot, but I'm glad you reminded me because it was bothering me. Thank you again for those!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

That's hilarious. I don't know if mine's forward enough for Mrs. Splicer to be bothered. I can't remember what's in there already! Maybe I'm overreacting.

Now I have to think of some clever Valentine to make you! I've had an idea buzzing around that I suspected might be out of my league... Might as well try it out on you! Second Goonentines are allowed to be abysmal, right? :buddy:

Also, may I see your forum magnets from cardboardRobot?

Abysmal away! I didn't have the heart to send you a Chernobyl angel so I think I sent a normal one. I *think*, loving horrible memory.

I will get some batteries for the camera as soon as I can, I did have an old photo of the wall of fame before but it was on Waffleimages and god only knows if it even still exists. I will soon though. It's too bad we didn't have imgur back in the day, it's nice having your own account and folders and what not.

Mrs. Genesplicer's pretty laid back and cool, I'm sure she'd be fine with whatever. They're both great folks. :)

Niemat, I wish mine would get to you already! Nobody's gotten theirs yet, boo. Hopefully soon.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Rufus, you are a machine. Cheers.

Thermophonic, that sounds awesome. I wanna see a picture of your mysterious 10 year old creation.

I took the batteries out of my tv remote (haha yeah) and took these for you. They are by no means complete but I've been forced out of my studio room for awhile due to reasons too boring to discuss, and it's hard to maneouvre in there so I only took ones of this bulletin board. My other walls have goon stuff too.

The originals of these are so mega loving huge.

The magnets. Sorry for blur, flash washed it all out so I had to cope with low light. Also ignore the name, I had to remember it so I wrote it on my whiteboard.

Sorry again for shaky hands making the cross stitched :neckbeard: blurry.

And the whole bulletin board. I wish I still had those other photos, they were way better but these will do.

VVV One of your post cards is on this picture here. You sent that to me years ago!

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 6, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
^^ Sorry to hear you've had some rough times. If I have your address, you're getting a Cheerintine.

cardboardRobot posted:

Glad to see my frog has his place :3: And those other forums magnets were made last year by sheneedstherapy.

Aha, all the mysteries are solved. Thanks for being an adjunct to memory. :D I really should have written who made what, on the back of everything. Some I remember clearly but some not so much.

Froggie has to come out, he's covered a bit by a postcard. I can't wait to have my room back and get things sorted again. Really miss my cave, grr.

Oh, and some origami paper is headed your way in a few days. Want to put a good selection in there so I'm going through all my old papers. Rawr.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Oh, and I did take a picture of the card because I'm so darned proud of it, but you can't see it. You know why?! Because I'm sending the card to you! Yay!

Well I can live with that! Thanks in advance :D I can't wait to see! And now I'm really thinking that I should stop being lazy and actually be creative and make things for you guys. I still don't know why I haven't been able to, it's been like a 2 year creativity block. Immensely frustrating.

Seconding the call for psyduck magnets. (is there a puppy dog eyes emoticon?)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

I just keep them on my shelf at the moment so that I can look over and see just how many envelopes I've gotten. I plan to get a nice box for them later on though when there gets to be too many. I don't ever plan on throwing any of them out :3:

I do the same thing. Some items I put on my infamous bulletin board, but all the envelopes go in a nice basket that I have. I won't be throwing stuff out either.

I got an action-packed V-day from Thermophonic Joy today!! I love it, thank you soooo much! I ADORE the bee. It is badass. Was that the secret you were talking about a couple of days ago? If so, it got her really really friggin' fast. I will steal some batteries from a small appliance tonight and snag a photo, will edit it in. I super duper love it. :3:

Anyway, I love everything in there, the PETA stickers and info are funny to me. I am not a vegan or anything even near, but I love stuff that takes the piss out of McD's. Love the stickers as always and dinotine is hilarious. Thanks soooo much.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Yep, that's the awesome Goonentine I made. I'm so happy you like it! It took me ages to draw the bee, you have no idea. And then I had to cut it out with my crappy scissors... Anyways, it was a work of love, and if there are weird spots, that's probably blood, sweat and/or tears.

I got a tonne more Peta stuff for some reason. I wrote them a message asking to be taken off their mailing list and since then have received envelope after envelope of Peta stickers, pamphlets, and magazines. Not sure what's up with that, but I'll probably just mail out the least obnoxious of the stickers, and maybe this cute pamphlet about elephants in the circus. :ohdear: The poor things.

I am so surprised it got here so quickly! Yoooou should make more of those bees, it is resplendent. Bravo :)

I haven't sent your numba 2 yet, I haven't felt very well the past couple of days. It will have awesome inside, though.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

You don't have to send me a second one! It's totally cool. I'd already hit all the other Canadigoons, so I sent you another with my last stamp. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Being under the weather is the shittiest thing. :ohdear:

I just had a big stupid fight with my boyfriend and am in need of some goonlove. Time to go through the cards again. :3: Men are so confusing.

Noo, I want to! I wanna try and make something special, like something I actually make! Or paint, rather. Having a hard time with my SO as well, which is part of why I'm a bit down. By the way, have you got a Pinterest? Should add me. I would PM you but you don't appear to have plat. :sun:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I'd never heard of Pinterest before reading this, but I'm googling it right now and will probably be able to add you soon enough.

I love love love homemade gifts! It's something I always did as a child, and my mother encouraged me to believe that they were the most meaningful presents. I'm sad that it's becoming a lost art, along with snail-mailing homemade cards and such. It's nice to find so many people (this thread!) with a similar interest in these things!

I can send you an invite, if you need one. I don't know if it's open yet, it was in closed beta when I got my account. There's a thread in DIY forum too.

I want to try to paint again, it's been way too long. So you will be my first victim (if I can paint something I'm halfway satisfied with).

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Sent! You can remove your addy now if you like. Pinterest is horribly addicting and totally fun.

I'm hoping to be able to pull out the paints tomorrow-ish. I'm still sulking tonight, haha. I don't feel like doing anything that isn't party to feeling sorry for myself. :colbert:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

hyperhazard posted:

Oh god, I feel awful for you. It sucks to drive in downtown Baltimore. I turned into oncoming traffic no less than three times the first month I had a car here. Also, I apologize if you're a Patriots fan. I drew the badmouthing raven before the super bowl. (Bajillionth year in a row we've almost made it grahhhh :argh:)

In other news, I'm super excited because I ordered something awesome from Amazon today:

That's right: 60 bad-rear end postcards full of Waldo (Wally, to you Brits) to send out for the next holiday! It's not even Valentine's Day and I can hardly wait for the next round.

Oooh, you are sooo gonna get something interesting from me if you send me one of those. Those look hilarious!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Pillory Soft posted:

The letter I'd sent to 20inch's address was also returned to me, today. It was stamped Attempted: Not Known.

It's probably for the best, since the envelope had become all sorts of messed up in transit and the goodies inside were pretty much destroyed. :ohdear:

One of those might have been mine. I have a usual crowd that I send to, but I wanted to branch out a bit this time, and yours was one of the new names I chose. So one might have been from me. That is very strange that your mailperson would just throw your mail over a fence. Neither hail, nor sleet nor snow? I'll try and resend something. :)

I was wondering if anyone was getting my mail. I sent 30odd over the past three weeks and like 4 people have received them. I hope I didn't gently caress up the postage or something.

Thank you finitejoy! Adorable card and I loved your fly, he's so cute. Did you draw the little ferret? He is soooo cute too. I have a thing for ferrets, I think they're adorable.

Thank you soooooooo much for my unicorn semen, my dear Rufus en Fiego! I was so happy because I was really coveting it when I saw the photos of other folks ones. Does that sound bad? Probably. I can't wait to make the pudding, it sounds tasty as hell. Maybe after a vindaloo.

I'll quite likely be sending more valentine's out over the next week or so, hope nobody minds if they get a late one. As usual I'm not horribly efficient, but I eventually get it done. :sun:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Pillory Soft posted:

It actually stands for "a character from a sci-fi novel whose name my parents thought was really cool at the time". ;-*

I believe it was Palette Swap whose mailperson did this. You can certainly send me stuff if you want, though!

Why would anyone (especially a post office employee) think that this was an appropriate way to deliver a person's mail?

Oh hell, I'm an idiot. Thank you for pointing that out, if I haven't sent one already for you (I have an actual paper 'sent' list), you're next on my list. :)

I know I sent one to Chile, so yeah it was probably Palette Swap. I thought I sent one to you as well, hmm. Must check.

(notwithstanding the fact that I TOTALLY QUOTED THE WRONG loving POST ARGH)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Rufus En Fuego posted:

God, it looks like diarrhea, but it's so, so GOOD.

I am pleased.

That really does look like the tastiest poo. I am gonna make some after payday.

Thank you to hyperhazard & Cmdr Tomalak, I got both your valentine's today. I was so happy that somebody finally noticed how steamy I am. :smug:

Baltimore looks totally cool, but I did notice that the photo seemed to have been taken quite aways away from the city. Very strategic use of boats to hide the muggers.

Cheers, dears. :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I actually just bought 700 Avery labels at Office Max for $10 and printed them on my office's laser printer. Super easy.

You can also order fancier ones through those newspaper inserts that try to get you to order Disney checks or whatever. I get two or three of those inserts a week. They're generally inexpensive and sometimes really cute.

If you're serious about this, you need to get a postage scale and an account at stamps.com.

Get on my level.

:colbert:

Oh, I can participate in this! This is that thing I was talking about, that apparently are no longer produced. Boo. I have one that I bought before they stopped making them.

Click for supabig.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I'm still alive. I had to wait until payday to purchase a couple of things, but some very, very late valentine's will be on their way soon. I won't ruin the surprise.

Thermophonic, I have been trying to paint or even draw something, and it's all crap. :( I refuse to send you anything but the very best. However, just so we aren't waiting till doomsday before I can draw a thing, I have an alternative that I'm going to pick up today that should be cute enough to substitute. So, your second valentine that I had planned to send will come soon, I swear.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

I think it's been previously established that we're pretty much all cat ladies in this thread.

Yuh-huh. :3:

I won't be doing St. Patrick's, I am going to send out my last way overdue valentine's then take a little break. Just an FYI. If anyone needs my address for anything, or anything else for anything, just PM. I still have a few things to send, hopefully y'all weren't holding your breath. cardboardRobot, Thermophonic Joy, and a couple of others are to get things soon as possible. Cheers :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Ok, I put the long-promised mail for cardboardRobot, Thermophonic Joy, Cmdr Tomalak, and hyperhazard in the post this morning. I hope I am not forgetting anyone who sent me anything, I always will send something back and I'd be so choked if I forgot someone.

I'm also kind of worried because I sent to quite a few people for Valentine's, but very few posted that they received mine in particular, although they were posting in this thread and received things from other people. Hoping my mail didn't get eaten or something. I am pretty sure the one mail got stolen that I sent to the goon in Chile, I think that was the one with the mail thievery? But I really hope everyone else got theirs. Some people I sent two things to, like skels (hope you got the second Valentine!). But hopefully eventually they'll all make their way to their intended recipients.

Anyway, I'm going to take a break from mailing for a bit, please don't anyone feel that they have to send me anything back. My address has been removed (thank you lamb, you goddess of post, you) and I'll ask her to put it back up when I'm ready for another go round. Thank you everyone for everything! You all really cheered me up with the mail. :3:

PS cat ladies *fist pump*

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Palette swap posted:

Hey when worlds collide:

I received your letter last week, and I love everything in it (I have the Canadian Tire money in my wallet). Sorry for not posting it earlier.
Also I got a card from Rufus En Fuego

Oh good! You got it! That made my day. I hope I didn't gently caress up with my memory again, but I am definitely glad it got to you. Canadian Tire money is funny. Cheers. :)

That Dracula thing is hilarious, I wanna read up more on that.

Thanks again for the great run, folks. I'm still buying envelope stuffers in preparation for when I come back. See you next time...

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Palette swap posted:

Yesterday I got a postcard from hyperhazard:

drat that's a fine camel.

And a letter from Thermophonic Joy:

Tons of cool stuff, I hope I have the chance to use the map.(Also did you like the movie?).

Here's a newspaper article:
http://i.imgur.com/pIt9n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Dk3mz.jpg
Branislav Tepes (26) was born here in Chile. His parents and grandparents emigrated from Yugoslavia after WW2. He was studying journalism in Valparaiso, but his father and grandmother died, and had to move to Slovenia, had trouble learning the local language and came back.

Ohh sweet! Thank you! I will read up on that, huge fan of stories like that. I'm glad you got my letter. :)

Thermophonic, your letter came back to me because I didn't put enough postage on! Hahahaha, that was so funny. I'm just glad they didn't send it postage due, I wouldn't want you to have to pay 68 cents to get your letter!

Glad you got that envelope, CardboardR. Hope you can make something fun with the origami papers. :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thank you lamb for my St Patty's day mail! I love it. :)

Thermophonic, I still haven't put your envelope back in the mailbox (now with more extra-crunchy postage!). I haven't been feeling well, but I'll make sure I get on it soon. I was already posting to thank lamb so I figured an update/apology wouldn't hurt.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thank you Thermophonic Joy for the envelope of awesome stuff that you sent me! It really made my (lovely) day. :sun:

I hope yours has made it to you by now. I put in back in the mail a few days ago.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
If anyone gives Henry some new tattoos to cheer him up, post 'em. No pressure or anything though. I have a ton more of them to send out to people when I start up with the mail again.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Hello mailgoons!

Just wanted to apologize in advance for my late Easter/Spring mail. I was completely broke until Friday when I came into an unexpected windfall. (Several thousand back on my boyfriend and I's tax returns, woooo!) Anyways, so I didn't intend to send much this time around, but now I can! It's just going to be a little belated. I think we've established that belated is okay, though?

Also, I wanted to announce that my boyfriend proposed :psyboom: and we are now happily engaged! My ring is being re-sized, and I get it on Thursday, and I am imploding and reforming continuously right now. If anyone intends to send me holiday mail sometime soon, some congratulatory goonlove would go very nicely around my desk. (That sounds shameless, doesn't it? I'm sorry.)

End transmission!

Aw hey that's awesome! Congratulations! It's always nice to get those unexpected windfalls, too. I also got one, yay tax, but I'm still taking a break from the mail as I had a lot of financial things to catch up on, and pay down credit cards a bit. I did get myself a colour laser printer though, it was super cheap, so next time I get back into the mail there will be some loving amazing things. There better be, anyway.

I have a bunch of magnet backing, too. :black101:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

A bunch of stuff all the way from Chile! Thank you Palette Swap!

I had no clue what the dvd was going to be. My little brother joked saying that maybe it was a puppet show. He was right! It was funny, thank you for sharing that with me.

Edit: Hyperhazard! The postcard showed up today! Thank you, and I like the little drawing :3:

Heeey coincidence! I got something from both of these lovely people as well.

Thank you very much hyperhazard and Palette Swap, much obliged! And Palette, that was really special, thank you loads. I must try and get back into mailing for easter or something, cause I'd like to send something special back to you both.

Cheers!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

IrishWolfMan posted:

I'm down for mailing/being mailed to. I collect postcards too, so if you have any, I'd love them. The weirder the better. Please no NWS stuff. :)

IrishWolfMan (David W.)
*address redacted

You... you collect postcards??? OH MAH GAWD. Well, to be more specific, I have a few bizarre/noteworthy postcards kicking around here, and I've been waiting for someone to send them to for a long time. I recently found some old Russian ones, like from the 70s. Sadly they aren't 'propaganda' poster ones (oh I wish), they're actual buildings and what not, which are still pretty cool. So I might send you a few of those and some others I have around here. With the valentines I was sending the tackiest painted buffalo postcards, and I might even have one or two of those left for you. :D

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Oct 25, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thank you's to the Genesplicers and cardboardRobot, I have received something from you both this week. The seeds were a great idea, I can't wait to plant those suckers and grow me some opium (I know they aren't that kind) and cardboardRobot, I'm just happy you can use them, maybe if you get a rainy day sometime soon and boredom sets in, you can make some stuff! :sun:

Cheers again, folks.

*edit- also, sorry to hear this, UK goons. :( http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/royal-mail/9201272/Royal-Mail-limits-supply-of-stamps-ahead-of-price-rise.html They're making it really hard on you bunch to keep snail mail alive.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

Yay! Glad to hear you had fun with it! :neckbeard: Also you did a great job colouring it!

Yeah, that looks great! I haven't done mine yet, I'm so sorry. Going through a breakup. :)

I will in a week or two though, once that's all over with and I'm alone in the house again. Cheers cR.