Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I'm so sorry to hear that, wwc! I hope it works out for the best. :ohdear: Hang in there.

Aw, thanks. It's definitely for the best, and a very gentle ending. I just wanted to let y'all know that I'm distracted with this because I owe a few cards, the super connect the dots to cB, and I was going to send those postcards to our new participant. Yet another chapter in my very e/n year, woohoo. Hopefully things pick up a bit.

And congrats on your engagement! That's such great news. :sun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
This thread keeps on giving. Mizufusion, I love the card!! You really made my day with that card. It was totally fine and made me laugh. I took my address off the list for a couple of reasons but mostly it is because I won't be able to keep up for awhile (and I always like to reply when someone sends me something). It was a really nice surprise as I wasn't expecting it. :D

Thermophonic Joy I got your bundle of goodies today! Thank youuu! Sooo many stickers, I love it. You always find such neat things to put in. The card was perfect too, and was something I really needed to hear today. :glomp:

Thank you again, both of you.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Glad you liked my card. I sent out a bunch of those so I hope no one ends up offended. :ohdear:

Remember where you're posting this, missy. :clint:

(but really I laughed, that was way too cute)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Mizufusion posted:

Yay, congrats! We're both pretty excited because we're dorks, and we were friends for a couple years before we actually started dating. We're constantly amazed that everything worked out so well. :allears:

I get a bit paranoid about some of my cards being offensive too, but I never let that stop me. That may or may not be a good thing.

And here I worried that my cards weren't offensive enough.

But seriously, this is somethingawful.com, I'm sure neither of you are capable of anything that would -really- offend someone. Because we have a high tolerance level, here. I would think most people take it as joking. In all the mail threads throughout the years, I can't think of one instance of people being seriously bent about some mail they got. Although I'm certainly not privy to everything, but it's a safe bet that you're both aight. I have really enjoyed my mail from everyone, so. :sun:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Glad you guys liked my mail! I love packing as much as humanly possible into the envelopes. Makes me all warm and squishy inside.

Tomorrow's my birthday! So friggin' excited!!!!

I tried to send you a PM but you don't want one or can't have one, so I'll say here, happy birthday! I really hope you have a wonderful year, and with everything that's coming in the future, I'm sure that it will be a good one. :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I just found a pile of goonmail under a big mess on my desk! I forgot to mail it! Sorry, goons. I'll mail it tomorrow morning along with the bunch I'm working on now.

Is it just me, or are our numbers dwindling? I just see the same few (wonderful) people posting in the last few pages. :saddowns:

I am still thinking of you guys! I just can't send anything yet, I have way too many things going on in my life right now. But please don't dwindle more, I'm hoping to be able to hop back in once things are settled down a bit. I got some mail a month or so ago and I was remiss in not thanking, I'm sorry. Thank you :)

Wait till I can catch up and send stuff, I don't want to get stuff without being able to reciprocate.

I think this is a busy time of year for a lot of people, summer and all that.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Hey, is IrishWolfman still participating in this? I actually had an envelope stuffed, stamped, and addressed, but it never got sent. I just found it. I was excited about that one, too, cause they expressed interest in postcard collecting, and I had a few to send. I couldn't believe when I found the envelope sitting there ready to go, several months old.

Glad to see this thread is still kickin'. I can't wait till I can get back into it, but won't be for awhile yet, I don't think. I may send out random things though once in a blue moon. :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Awww, WWC! I hoped you were coming back. I'm so sending you Halloween stuff, you can't stop me!

Heeey! Can I even try to stop you? Irresistible force meets immovable object. :dance:

I can't wait till I can officially come back, but it was for the best that I withdrew. All the poo poo of the past 3 years caught up with me, and I withdrew from like, everything, if it required more energy than reading and being a useless lump. I am starting to feel better though, finally, and going about un-loving my life now. And maybe in time, I'll be able to get back into the snail mail swing. I hope you and the other mailygoons are all doing well!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Laaaamb! What a huge surprise! Thank you very very much! I remembered Garbage Pail Kids and used to collect them. Haven't seen one in years. Love it all, halloween is my favorite holiday, but that Munsters money took the cake. They are still one of my favorite tv shows, and that bill is going into my cherished stuff box.

It was great to hear from you, too. Gracias, senorita. :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Mizufusion posted:

I got a belated Halloween letter from Thermophonic Joy too! It had lots of pretty stickers that I plastered all over my calendar. :buddy:

I did as well today! Thank you very much Thermophonic Joy! Your letter was lovely and very much appreciated. It made my day and you are wonderful. :3: It's nice to know that I am gone but not forgotten, thanks to you and lamb. It may take me a week or two but you both will be getting something back.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I hope that it's ok if my xmas cards are really terribly late, like they might go in the mail on this coming Monday late. I withdrew before and I'm still not able to actually actively participate, but there's a couple of folks who have kept me in the loop so to speak, which is so thoughtful and considerate, really gave me joy, and I really really want to send something to them/you.

Lamb and Thermo, I finally have your cards on the way. But I want to send a couple more, I'm just terrible slow with like, everything.

I have the best valentines that I bought last year after the holiday was over so I'm hoping to be able to send those out to more folks, although I would still rather just send and not receive for now so I won't be reposting my address.

I love seeing all the mail you guys are exchanging, and wow! As a cross stitcher, those are soooo goood! I could never get my stitches to look so uniform. I love them! Great ideas, too, it's like xstitch was made for recreating 8 bit sprites, haha. You guys are so creative, it's so neat to see all the xstitch and origami and everything, and glad to see the stickers are still going strong, huzzah! :D

Have a great holiday everyone! I hope 2013 is a wonderful year for everyone!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Hey wwc! :buddy: I hope you're in for a fantastic Christmas!

I actually really love late cards. I get the mopes when Christmas is all over and the excitement has ended, so it's a lot of fun getting the last few late presents and cards. Stretches it out just that little bit more.

A very merry obscenely happy Christmas to you. Good to see you're still kicking over there. :3:

Thank youuu! I need me some obscenity, not enough of it in me life. And to you as well. I put something in the mail for you yesterday, but there's another one coming because I wasn't able to start an actual letter until now. So I'm going to work on the letter a little bit more every night, and hopefully by Monday or something, it'll be on it's way as well.

The holidays were dreaded, but honestly, I don't think they'll be too bad. Fingers crossed. Cheers :)

*edit- o crap, I am an idiot... Monday is xmas eve, so likely it'll sit in the post box for a few days of inclement weather, so I'll wait and post all these on day after Boxing Day.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Dec 22, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

genesplicer posted:

Kafka's Goldfish! Thanks for the kawaii coffepot needlepoint! Very sweet!

On a related note, has anyone received my cards? I have not heard from anyone (Goon and nongoon alike) and am a bit concerned that the entire box wen astray. That will be the last time I drop off a box of rubber band - bound envelopes at the post office.

I got something from you today!! Thank you Mr and Mrs. Genesplicer! I loved it, I like monkeys. :D The ornament is very pretty and the cards were nifty. I was so happy to find Splicermail in me mailbox. Cause you give good mail. And you and I have been doing this for a long time now! Tradition. :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

genesplicer posted:

Wow, that took forever. I mailed those on the 6th or 7th. I stand by what I say. No more boxes and rubber bands. Apparently they slowed down the process...

Whoaw. That is a very long time! If it's helpful, the postmark says 12th December, so I suppose they didn't take off the rubber bands for a few days after you dropped them off. Then they took 16 days to actually deliver them. Gee, you try and help the posties out, and this is how they repay you. Gnerts to that! :colbert:

PS Frank Burns eats worms. Just thought I'd spread the word.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

LyonsLions posted:

What say you, Ferret Face? I've had this idea in the back of my mind for M*A*S*H themed goonmail for the last few holiday cycles but just haven't put it together yet, probably because I'm not very artistic. I'll keep working on it...

Oh man, I think that'd be very awesome. I think the goonmailers would be appreciative! Definitely don't give up on the idea.

He really did look like a ferret face. One of the best insults in any show, ever.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

It is lovely. I love it! It's just so pretty... I couldn't stop gushing when I saw it, and I'm sure I was super annoying. whenworldscollide, you are awesome. What more needs to be said? Thank you so much. I am keeping this FOREVER GET AWAY IT'S MINE.

Ha! Glad you liked it. I think cards like that are really neato. I like the 3D stuff. It's kinda cheesy but nifty too. Blessings, dearie! More is on it's way soon, too. For winter doldrums.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I got a little money for xmas so I bought a few stamps. Not too many, but hey, some is better than none! So, I might send out a few valentines.

:siren: lamb- Is the list updated to people who are still active? Or is there another cull due soon. I wasn't sure when you were going to remove the xmas card-only people. Or if you have already. I will probably just stick to people who have sent me things before, the long term folks, as I think I have some catching up to do anyway. Meaning, the letterball's in my court. But if I end up with extra stamps, it would be nice to send some old fashioned valentines to folks who are new to the thread. I will stay off the list still though, for now.

Also, I'm glad you got a kick out of those postcards, and it wasn't too stalky of me. :kimchi: That made my day, to see that it was a nice surprise for you.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 8, 2013

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

lamb posted:

I took off anyone who hasn't posted before 12/1, but if you look over the last 5 pages or so you'll see who definitely plans on sticking around.

Sweet. Thank you for the intel. :D

Got a couple done already, I forgot how much fun this was. :sun:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Got a few v-tines ready to put in the mailbox. Huzzah.

I don't know all the new folks so I'm sorry if I send you something that ignores certain facts such as gender. I don't know who is boy and who is girl. Please forgive me if I send something girly to a fella, and vice versa. :kimchi: I wish I could send stuff to everyone but I hope that the stuff I am able to send brightens the days of at least a handful of folks.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 15, 2013

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I got a lovely letter from you in the mail! Thank you! I'm waiting for a spare moment to reply, (and to have something interesting to say!)

I can't seem to find Valentine's that are goony enough this year! Where are you guys finding them all?

Yay! Glad to hear. You don't have to make a big long reply if you don't have time. It's ok. :) I had fun writing, I haven't physically handwritten a letter for a veeeeery long time! So I had a lot of fun, and to be honest, it was nice to vent a little about how frustrating the past year (and depression! :D ) has been. Thanks again for encouraging me to do so. :)

I am sending Left 4 Dead valentines that I printed off from online. I guess I can spoil the surprise, cause Pezmasta mentioned the ones she's sending, so. :) But if you haven't seen them, please don't GIS! Let it be a surprise! :D

I have really been having fun with my colour laser printer. Took me a long time to actually use it, but now that I've been working on these, I am so glad I got it!

Glad to hear you got my late xmas card as well Genesplicer! There's a valentine coming soon. Hopefully you have played Left 4 Dead! But if not, it's ok. I tried to provide some variety. :sun:

If there's anyone that is really into L4D you better speak up now while I still have a few stamps left, haha. I'm po' but I try to do my best.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

thepitgoddess posted:

I'm sure most of you have heard, but the post office is raising international mail rates as of Jan 27th.

https://www.usps.com/new-prices.htm

So, get your international mail out from the USA soon!

Yeah... I found out that Canada Post raised ALL the rates as well, for January. Bastards. I should have mailed the ones I already had finished by then, but oh well. It just pisses me off because they raise them every few months now, it seems, and CP turns a PROFIT every year. And it's already super expensive unless you're just sending within Canada. It's almost 2 bucks to send a light little letter or postcard overseas! Technically $1.85. And a buck 20 to send to America which is bullshit. Only .63 to send within Canada. Used to be, for decades, that you had Canada postage, then American was just slightly more, and international was double the Canadian rate. Made things nice and easy and didn't break the bank.

Here's another link for USPS rate changes that doesn't involve downloading an xls file. Or I just don't know how to internet.

http://www.stamps.com/usps/postage-rate-increase/

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thermophonic Joy! I got your valentine today. I am so excited, such cool stickers and stuff, and a letter! I haven't read it yet, wanted to make sure you knew that I received the letter and the black hole of Canada Post didn't pull it into it's event horizon, bahaha. But I am really looking forward to settling in in an hour or so and reading it and starting a response. I forgot how much fun it is to have real letters. And your handwriting is lovely. Mostly I like to just send stuff to people without much personal commentary or anything, just a nice way to connect with someone and hopefully brighten their day somewhat. I'm grateful that you're reminding me how enjoyable it is to actually converse with letters. Wow I'm a dork. Anyway, thanks. :)

*edit- read it and what a nice letter, aww. Will send one in return. :)

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 26, 2013

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cuntvalet posted:

I forget who all wanted to do letter writin'/pen pal exchanging. Just got finished writing a letter for ManOfTheYear and I bought fun stationary to write said letters on, so that said, who else would like to be my pen pal, as well. I enjoy writing letters! Who knew?!

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I think I have messy writing and I never know what to say, so thank you! :3: I look forward to your letter.

Holy crap, I didn't realize it was so fun having penpals.

God Bless Johnny posted:

I'd love a letter! I have a whole bunch of weird stationary that my Mum bought me over the years, this seems like a good way to get some use out of it. And a good way to practise neat handwriting.

I know, right? :D

poo poo, I had penpals when I was a kid up until the 90s (and my late 20s) when internet took over. I never thought I'd enjoy handwriting a letter again!

Does this mean we are hipsters? :ssh:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

DLAO posted:

I am fairly certain that I am in love with quite a few of you Goons! Thanks so much for the Valentines and HELLO KITTY stuffs!

Yesterday, I got two cards from God Bless Johnny and Crazy Old Clarice filled with pictures and kitties and postcards and stickers.

Today, I got home from work and got FIVE-- thank you very much Kafka's Goldfish, Lamb, Bampf Kerpow, Shoozy, and WWC filled with MORE stickers and Asian Stationary and HELLO KITTY and hearts and GOON LOVE.

I literally started jumping up and down giggling maniacally at the mail box at the sight of the mail. I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm crazy. My cats are still staring at me from afar, since I busted in the door and started cheering with every little surprise that popped out.

I've had a really crappy week and this has really cheered me up! Thanks for the Goon Love, everyone!

Yay! They're being delivered! That felt awfully fast. You were the first to report delivery. Thank you, I always have a bit of anxiety over whether my things get delivered or end up in some strange dead letter office somewhere. :D

Sorry about my Left 4 Dead valentines. I decided to make them then later realized that maybe not as many people were as familiar with that game as I thought. And I had already bought cardstock (limited income here, it was a big committment, haha) and printed them and so I just went with them anyway. If anyone's curious, it's just a silly zombie video game and that's where the characters on the cards come from. Hopefully the chainsaw bears and Darwintines will even things out a little bit. :love:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

nonpromqueen posted:

Just got some valentines from wwc, and since I'm forever alone on Valentines Day, it was a welcome surprise. Thank you wwc :3

You are very welcome. :3:

PS- I'm alone too, which is why I love doing this.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Feb 5, 2013

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Agnostic Prophet omg! I got your mail today and I really love the painting! I am gonna take a photo of it later but I wanted to acknowledge that I received it right away. It is adorable and will have a place of honour on my board of goonery. Thank you so much!

cuntvalet and party hat, glad you got them :3:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I got a valentine from lamb today. Thank you! I love the things you mail, you always send the neatest things. :D

Also 2 got sent back to me for more stamps, so I sorted that, but ThermoJoy, your envelope had to be opened and resealed, I had to take something out because it was too thick apparently... that is not your real valentine anyway, the one coming is a little one, you'll be getting your real valentine soon. I have caught a chest cold so I'm feeling marvellous but I plan on sending your real one when I can write a letter to accompany it. Hopefully to be mailed next week (cause it's coming up on V-day, eek). I just wanted to mention that because the envelope looked pretty trashed and obviously tampered with after I took the offending thing out, so I wanted you to know it was ME and not some random postal snoop.

Anyway, back to bed for me, I'm hoping I'll be able to breathe soonish.

Also Niemat, that is really lame. I hope you get things sorted. It sounds kind of fishy to me. :| I think I will have to send you something that is pretty much untrashable as an experiment.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 9, 2013

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Niemat posted:

It is lame. :( Like I said, everyone works too hard to have some jerk destroy their mail!!

...I am kind of giggling right now after reading your post, though... When you said you were thinking about sending something pretty untrashable, I totally just thought of you sending a brick with our names and a stamp on it, haha. :xd:

Yeah, I wasn't sure if I call some sort of 800 number, our closest post office, or the main hub for Omaha... :S Maybe I'll start with the closest one and go from there! Wish me luck!

That could be arranged... :ssh:

But forreals, I will send you something in my round 2. It will be late Valentine's but I have to wait till payday to get some more stamps. I have a card that would be perfect for this, and the way they are made, well, they'd have to really go out of their way to mess them up. So we will do this for :science: (and of course, cheer!).

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Disargeria posted:

Hey when worlds collide's address isn't on the list :(

I am in stealth mode. But you should have something in your mailbox soon, and I always put my return address because I am very anxious about mails being returned to sender. Which actually happened with your letter, they sent it back to me because they wanted more postage. :D You will see on your letter that there is a big rectangle clear plastic over your address, which is where the sticker saying PAY MORE STAMPS BITCH was, prior to my removing it after doing what they asked.

But in all seriousness, I left my addy off the list because I am not completely reliable yet, so I didn't want to get stuff when there was a chance that I couldn't send something back in a timely manner. I like to be reciprocal. :)

*fake edit- if you reaaaally want it immediately, I can PM you with it

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Behold, my loot.

Also got a explosion of Valentines from when worlds collide.

Included was a Henry Rollins colouring page (Oh, this made me laugh so much. Where the hell did you find this? I love it.), a fantastic assortment of valentines and a beautiful peacock card which I just love.

Also included was this little guy:

The likeness to me is uncanny, really!

Ha! Glad you liked all the stuff. I also found the Henry picture hilarious, it always makes me smile. I found it online somewhere and thought it would be fun to draw on, so I printed a bunch off to send to folks. I made your valentines after I bought some more cardstock so I ended up being able to put one of each of the different valentines in your envelope, if you knew of the game Left 4 Dead this was a good thing, if not, oh well. They're still cute. I also love the little dude with the brollie, that is how I'm feeling this Vday too.

I have only one regret- I wasn't terribly organized so it ended up that there was a variety of valentine's that got changed as time went on, such as I found a way better chainsaw arm bear after I had done half of the valentines, so the first ones had the not as nice one but it was too late to take them all apart. :( And when I was running out of cardstock, I had to do a batch of valentines that were smaller, to fit more on the page. And I wish that I had made some of those arts like brollie chap into fridge magnets. He would be an awesome fridge magnet. Maybe next year I will be more organized. I need to get a laminator then I'll make magnets. I actually wasn't planning on participating this year but it ended up that I was able to, which makes me happy because I love sending mail. :sun:

I had noticed in the GBS secret santa thread that someone had given a goon a dry erase board with that Henry picture, and they said the name of the artist but I can't remember who it was. I think a dry erase board with Henry is the ultimate in badass. I have had that picture kickin' around my harddrive for quite awhile now, and wasn't aware that there was an artist to credit, I thought it was just a random internet picture. So my apologies for being a filthy thief, at least I am not selling them so I hope that's ok.

I hope to be able to get organized to the point someday where I can actually send you guys art that I've actually made. One day. :)

And, DLAO I got your valentine and I love it so much! Came at a great time, too, cause I've been miserable past couple of days, bad chest/head cold. It got here so fast! Holy... Thank you very much :kimchi:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Well hey, there's lots of holidays posted in the OP, and I think lamb updates them every month for the upcoming month or two. :D

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Ms. Goddamn Fleming thanks Mr. and Mrs. Genesplicer for the Valentine. I pulled myself out of bed to check the mail and was rewarded with a very neat and pretty card, you two could sell these beautiful cards you make! Being unable to breathe really kills the fun of this holiday. So thank you for brightening it up. I'm watching old b+w horror movies in bed as sick respite. Have a haunting valentine! :witch:

I also continue to be chuffed that my first name is Goddamn. I gotta wonder what the posties think... :D

Oh and goddamnit again, I found some more fantastic valentine's for classic horror fans, coincidentally enough. I guess they'll have to wait for next year. Any classic horror fans? I might not send them out this year but I'd actually be curious to know as I am one, and I will keep my eye out for this sort of thing to send in the future.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I've gotten tonnes of Valentines! Thank you to:

whenworldscollide

Loved the kitty card! So darn cute. And than you for the valentines. I love how retro they are. I'm looking forward to writing you a reply!

Thank you for all the Valentine's Day love, guys!

Yay, you got it. BUT WAIT- that's not your real valentine. So don't send anything back yet. That was just something I put together quick (then had to tear open again because of that postal 'this is too big, put fifty doller stamp on it' thing which made me have to take stuff out). The real valentine is late because I am sick (it's bronchitis now, yey) so it will be a little later but will be coming soon as I can. :)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Disargeria, did you get your silver envelope yet? I hope :(

Also, I am later than I had planned on my second batch which includes ThermoJoy and Niemat, some family medical issues have come up (and that is putting it lightly). I will never forget though. Just might be another week or two, depending on how things work out.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Kafka's Goldfish- I got your mail today. Couldn't have come at a better time, and I love the cross stitch. Your stitch handwriting is neater and more legible than my erm, manual pen-facilitated handwriting. The personal touch on the x-stitch made me smile. Thank you so much!

I was hoping to just sneak my valentine's out there amidst the rest, because I haven't officially participated for awhile, but you guys insist on sending the most bad rear end mail back. :argh: (I'm being a tool for comedy purposes, I'm not really ANGRY about getting valentines back :D)

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Oh phew. I'm glad to hear that.

lamb posted:

Don't feel bad! You don't have to send mail to get it as long as you post in the thread. If you really want to be removed I will, but I figure you've sent so much mail that you can take a break from sending; you've earned it.

Um, I totally concur. I feel bad that I haven't been able to send your super special valentine yet, Thermo. It WILL be coming, I promise.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 3, 2013

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

genesplicer posted:

Interesting. Lamb got her card from us. However, one of the others came back, with a "not enough postage" stamp on it. Funny, Lamb is all the way across the country, and the returned one is in the same state. Not only that, but the P.O. says I need to add another $1.61 for postage FOR A LETTER...

Hmmmm. Something is wrong. Has anyone else received one of the cards with the crocheted flowers?

I got mine! Thank you very much! Really big lift to my day. Things have been rear end over armpit in my world. It was very beautiful and I love the seeds. :sun:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Shoozy posted:

Gee, for being "strangers from the Internet", you're all awfully sweet. Thank you, all for your condolences. If you also want to mail me condolences, they will be sincerely appreciated.

You can all consider yourselves hugged. Thanks, goonfriends.

Oh hey... I zoned in on GS's post because I was looking for him to thank him for the mail, then saw your post.

I'm so sorry, I hope you're doing ok. That's a rough one. I truly empathise, I've been going through a similar experience. Internet strangers are some of the most caring, in my opinion. Consider more good thoughts and wishes and :glomp: 's going your way.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Apr 25, 2013

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Thank you lamb for your Halloween mail! I got it last week I think. I haven't forgotten about this thread and I check it regularly but um, life has been happening so I won't be able to participate for the foreseeable future. Also, quite some time ago I got a wonderful letter from (I -think-) Kafka's Goldfish and I feel really terrible for not acknowledging it at least in this thread, if not by actual reply. I'm sorry KG! I haven't given up on sending mail yet, but I have no clue when I'll be able to again. Keep on keepin' on, folks. It makes me happy that the snail mail is still happening. :kimchi:

Happy halloween!!

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I just wanted to pop in and say 'hi' to the old goonmail krewe (was pleased to see lamb visited my favorite NA city). I can't participate again but it's so nice seeing you all still going. I still have all your mail, much of it is on the walls of my studio here, I am looking at some forums icons magnets and a robot drawing, and a cross stitch of one of our smilies from here. Memories last when the moment fades. Thanks for everything everyone sent me. It really made a huge difference in my life/world. Best, everyone :D :3: