Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Next to Valentine's Day, Christmas is my favorite holiday so I love sending and receiving cards!

Shoozy Kopp
702 W Gordon Ter.
Chicago, IL 60613

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I have received many great cards. Thank you!! I am too lame to post pictures or name names (but you know who you are).

Work has been ca-razy and I fell behind on sending cards but I plan to get more cards out today or Monday.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
So Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. I went to Target today and bought a bunch of cheapo cards (the best kind) and I'm formulating some ideas for crafty stuff to send with them.

On the Lego Valentines: don't send one to me but I definitely want to see pictures. I can't seem to wrap my mind around what these look like.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

JimmydaFish posted:

Hey everyone, I have a favor to ask. My mom has been quite sick lately (part of the reason I am behind on posting thanks for xmas cards) and she needs some cheering up. Would you kindly goons send her some fun/cute/cheerful cards to help her feel better? Better keep it clean since it is my mom. I would really appreciate it. I just want her to smile again and not be so miserable.

Cards can be sent to:
J. da Fish's mom
C/O Jimmy da Fish
3385 Burbank Dr
Ann Arbor MI 48105

Thanks in advance! :)

I'll send your mom a homemade card that my mom made. It'll be pretty and/or cute and I hope it helps cheer her up a bit.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Jimma da Fish and Geektox, I will mail cards to your parents tomorrow.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

PezMaster posted:

More drunken postcards anyone?

Yes, please!

Actually, this sounds fun. I may do a few of these the next time I imbibe.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I can't seem to find Valentine's that are goony enough this year! Where are you guys finding them all?

Mine aren't really goony - I grabbed a bunch from the dollar bins at Target and I'm going to add in a couple things to make it a tiny bit goony. Last year I sent out doofy Valentines of puppies and kittens - the kind that kids exchange in school. Got those from a dollar store.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

DLAO posted:

Hello Kitty is better. ALWAYS

Oooo--- I'm so excited about Valentine's Day now. It's been depressing checking the mail lately and only seeing bills/junk. YAY for Goonholidays!

Seconding this. Hello Kitty is superior to all. Hands down.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

I got a start on my Valentine's cards this morning. Here's the obligatory fuzzy cell phone pic. I have a total of 40 cards that will go out. Wheee!

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I sent out 39 Valentine's cards yesterday. It was going to be 40 cards but there was an incident involving an involuntary spasm and coffee. It wasn't pretty. They'll be writing songs and poetry about it for years.

I sent to everyone that sent me X-mas cards (I'm pretty sure) and then picked randomly from the address list. Hope y'all like 'em. I love V-day - my favorite card exchanging holiday. Something about it brings out the kid in me and I love the pink and red EVERYTHING during the Winter grayness.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

DLAO posted:

For some reason I read that as "I love the pink and red EVERYTHING during the Winter gayness ."

I had a giggle that you must REALLY enjoy the pink, but then realized that my brain must be love addled. I'm not really focusing on red, just PINK, everyone. Expect to see PINK and Hello Kitty.

Well I went back to reread my post and I read "gayness" too.

I'll be perched at my mailbox waiting for Hello Kitty!

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Received my first V-Day card today from Opera Bitch. It's pretty and I love the hamster stickers. Thanks!!

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

DLAO posted:

I have ten more cards full of GOON LOVE ready to be deployed tomorrow. I got paid on Friday, so I could afford to buy more stamps.

Also... I feel like I want Shoozy's brownie recipe now. Just reading about it made me think of yummy chocolate goodness, hot from the oven. :-)

I'm glad Disargeria posted the recipe because I ran out before I sent your card. You're getting a special card, anyway, because you're my Goon-Hello Kitty soulmate.

That sounded creepy. :byodame:

To everyone else: I hope you make and enjoy those brownies. I'm trying to lose the holiday weight I gained (plus the ton I've gained as an adult) so I won't get to imbibe for a while. :hambeast:

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

JimmydaFish posted:

Shoozy I'm in the same boat so your brownie recipe is tucked away for later. Loved the Scooby Doo coloring page, I can't decide which side to color first!

I think the Scooby Doo page is from DLAO?

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

This was posted in the meme thread. I want to make Valentine's out of these. I have a busy month so I think this will have to wait until next year.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Also, a quick reminder to all those sending Valentine's cards: You know the "I Choo Choo Choose You" card from that episode of the Simpsons? That will be 20 years old in a few weeks. TWENTY.

You shut your drat dirty mouth!!

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I've been saving up my Goonmail since Saturday to open all at once, like Christmas presents! I couldn't sleep this morning and I've been up since FOUR O'CLOCK and decided I'd open everything to make me feel better. It worked!

In no particular order:

Lamb, thanks for the envelope full of goodies. I dig the cupcake button and the squirrel card is about the cutest thing I've seen all week.

Jimmy da Fish, I love the heart stickers and the fortune teller fish -- holy crap! That was a blast from the past -- I have vague memories of something like that from whenI was a kid, which reminded me of other stuff and, well, I had a little trip down memory lane this morning all over that goofy little fish. Thanks.

DLAO, totally diggin' the HK card, complete with TATTOO! Your cupcake card is adorable. Handmade, I assume? Where did you find that cupcake paper? 'Cuz I want some! Also, I think I might make a ShrinkyDink out of my Scooby-Doo coloring page.

Crazy Old Clarice, thanks for the envelope full of randomness. I have never seen such a tiny pop-up card, much less in Valentine format. Adorbs! I'm lovin' the stickers, button, playing card and Hello Kitty! thingies (tokens?).

TeamLunch, origami hearts FTW! So little! So red! So folded! Thank you! I'm gonna be rockin' those flower tats, too.

And, finally, I came home last night to find :siren:DRUNKEN MAIL:siren: from Killamajig and PezMaster. I'm not exactly sure what you said because the stamp covered part of your note, but it had something to do with Mexican happy hour and an Italian wine bar. I can tell that you guys are fun at parties.

Aaaand, as I sat here typing up my gratitude, it struck me that there was at least one other envelope that I received but haven't opened and I can't seem to find it. If you sent me a card and I haven't acknowledged it, it's probably in the void. It'll turn up. My roommates and I are disorganized pigs, but stuff always turns up again.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Niemat posted:

Does anyone have any experience complaining to the US Post Office and/or know where I would go to complain about receiving trashed mail...? Jimmy da Fish and the former Mustard Master (now Man of the Year): I got your Valentine yesterday and your letter today, but they were pretty totaled, and Mustard Master's candy was gone. :( My goonentine from lamb I received last week was just the scratch to reveal card left in a mostly open envelope... and these are just the latest in a string, so I'm noticing a pattern. Ya'll work too hard to have your mail trashed!! :ohdear: Has anyone else been having this problem (or know what causes this problem??)? Is my mail making it to folks okay (albeit waaaaaaaay too slow, I've noticed)???

Edit: And, I guess, while I'm complaining, do I complain to the same person about trashed mail that I do that our postman seems unwilling to pick up our outgoing mail....? I keep having to drive to the actual post office because he's not taking our outgoing mail with him--which he has traditionally taken up until a few months ago, and we didn't receive any notices that said he was going to stop picking up our outgoing mail, so I have to believe it's a negligence issue at this point....

There's an 800 number on the USPS website: the post office

Alternatively, you could call your local PO and ask to talk to the...manager?

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
It's been a crazy couple weeks, including moving. I'm behind on thank yous. I've noticed the PO won't forward stuff addressed to "Shoozy". I'm still checking mail at the old place but please don't send anymore thee.

My new address is:
Shoozy Kopp
1969 W Evergreen
Chicago IL 60622

I'll not be doing mass mailings like I did for v-day, but I'm definitely going to be mailing stuff. I live sending and getting mail.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

DLAO posted:

Are any of you goons still looking for potential penpals? I just found a bunch of stationary I bought a year or two ago that I NEVER used and am now reinvigorated to the cause of sending Goon Mail. :-)

Ya know what? This sounds kinda fun. I didn't respond before because of some unpredictable happenings, but things are on track.

Now how exactly does this work? I only ever had one pen pal and he was in a Nevada prison and I was 12. No, he did not send me anything inappropriate. From what I recall, I just write about my dumb life and he sent me drawings and poems and stuff. Is that what the kids are still doing these days?

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
^^^yay! So glad you liked 'em!

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I have had a tough month. My mom died unexpectedly so I've been dealing with that. Nonetheless, I am eager to get back in the swing of things and am going to send some mail out to the usual suspects over the weekend.

Did you know that May 11 is "Eat want you want" day? I may send some recipes out. May 16 is "National sea monkey day". I will not be sending anyone freeze dried shrimp.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Gee, for being "strangers from the Internet", you're all awfully sweet. Thank you, all for your condolences. If you also want to mail me condolences, they will be sincerely appreciated.

You can all consider yourselves hugged. Thanks, goonfriends.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I feel like I've neglected this thread, too, although I don't have the awesome excuse as Panorama_change does. That's a sweet lookin' pup ya got there.

Since my mom died, I've been alternating between procrastination and slothfulness. I received some very nice sympathy notes from a few of you. Thank you.

I never did manage to send any May cards out. I might manage to get some June cards out...

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Niemat posted:

edit: Shoozy! I just got the sympathy card I sent back in April returned, unable to deliver to sender. :( Can I try resending it? Or would you rather I not?

That would be very nice of you. I'm at 1969 W. Evergreen Ave., #1, Chicago, IL, 60622.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

frenchnewwave posted:

I think I'm clocking in as the oldest one here. I'll turn 32 in January, oof.

Ahem. I'm turning 45 in November. :corsair:

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I feel goon-loved because I've been MIA from this thread for a long time and a few of you sent me Halloween greetings. I managed to get responses out this afternoon.

Thanks for remembering me, goons.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

mysa09 posted:

Anyone want to send get well mail to my cat? :3:

Cat-appropriate get well wishes are on the way.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I'm gettin' ready to send Christmas cards. Woo hoo! I've bought a box of 20 nifty, decidedly not cheerful, cards. Went to Target this morning and found cute holiday-themed finger puppets, too.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

party hat posted:

I'm starting to write christmas cards so hopefully a bunch will be going out next week!

I, too, will be starting to write out X-mas cards over the weekend.

By the way, I'm going to Cancun over the X-mas and New Year holiday. I will look for appropriately goony stuff to mail, plus make a stop at a Mexican post office to purchase Mexican stamps so if anyone wants some mail from Mexico, let me knooooowwww.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I got a bunch of cards written out tonight and they'll go in the mail tomorrow. Merry Christmas, goons!

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I apologize but I only got three cards left to send, the others got put into the toliet by my niece while she and my brother were house watching my place.

Those were either some crappy cards (ha!) or you let toddlers house sit?

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I've received holiday cheer from Stuffins, Aunt Buck, Andaley, and Lady Flash. Thanks!

Lady Flash, your card came with a small hole in a corner of the envelope. It's been bleeding glitter EVERYWHERE. Ha haha!

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

JimmydaFish posted:

And... um... have any of my cards made it yet?

I got your card. Thanks! In fact I received a few cards but forgot to post before I left for Mexico. I can't remember who all was in that batch but I THANK YOU.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Greetings from Isla Mujeres, Mexico! I made it to the post office this morning with postcards for DLAO, stuffins, Senior Scarybagels, and The Schwa. Did I miss anyone who had asked?? Speak up now. I'm getting lazier by the day.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

DLAO posted:

Shoozy Kopp I still EXTRA LOVE YOU! :glomp:

Awww, I just saw this. I'm just glad that I could help out a tiny bit. :glomp: back at ya

Shoozy posted:

Greetings from Isla Mujeres, Mexico! I made it to the post office this morning with postcards for DLAO, stuffins, Senior Scarybagels, and The Schwa. Did I miss anyone who had asked?? Speak up now. I'm getting lazier by the day.

I sent new cards to you goons listed above. Frankly, the ones I sent first were pretty but kind of boring. I found more interesting ones so I sent those.

I also sent postcards to mysa09 and shananaginsluck today.

I have to go now. My brain is mush from all the daiquiris and lazing about. Hope I remember how to, like, get to the airport and stuff.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

I got Christmas goon mail from Mizufusion and Lamb and letters from PitGoddess, DLAO, and Lamb! I sent out a bunch of reply mail today, :woop:

:siren: Special request. My youngest brother (who is also a goon, still lurking like a good nooblet) is going through some stuff right now and I think some surprise goonmail would lift his spirits. He's 21 and goony (video games, anime, machinma, ren faire, etc.). If you're up for sending him something:

Warthog Caboose
888 Clarion Way
Lawrenceville, GA 30044

I'll send a postcard tomorrow. It's not anime, but it is of the Asian art genre and pretty flippin' neat if I do say so myself. I hope it helps cheer him a bit.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Has anyone received their postcard(s) from Mexico yet? We got the one I sent home earlier this week but I'm beginning to think none of the others made it off the island. [insert Lost joke here]

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I just got yours today! It is beautiful and hanging on my wall year round! Is the food good there?

Yay!

The food is just okay. I was disappointed by the lack of authentic Mexican food. They have pizza, Italian, Chinese, Cuban, American, gourmet food using typical Mexican flavors. We had some very good rib-eye steaks at one place. The two Mexican-type restaurants they had actually looked pretty gimmicky and so we didn't even go in. Then again, there were a couple small places that I never made it in to that looked like they had good Mexican.

If you like ceviche, you'll be in heaven. We ate at one place that was on the beach right where a lot of the fishing boats dock. One family caught a ...something... and they had it made into ceviche that they brought back to the hotel and had for dinner the next night. I thought that was pretty cool.

I think the thing I'll remember the most about the whole trip is the amount of time we spent outside. The temperature was so perfectly warm and the ocean breezes are just about everywhere, that we just didn't want to be inside. Ever. We wouldn't even eat at a restaurant if their outdoor seating was full. I think the only time we were inside was when we slept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Thanks to Lamb, Stuffins, and LadyFlash for the great V-day stuff! You guys know this is my favorite holiday, right? LOVE IT!!

From Lamb (not pictured but I totally cut it out and put it on my wall is the adorable sailor puppy):

From Lady Flash:

From Stuffins:

I'll have a few Valentines out in the mail tomorrow.