Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apkallu
May 8, 2007
I love mail. I used to do Postcrossing and I send Halloween cards instead of winter holiday cards.

There's also EBEN changing day coming up very soon (April 2)...a vestige of the old internet.

NWS only on the inside please - I have lots of sassy ladies at my post office who always let me line-jump, so I'm trying to keep on their good side.

I also like octopuses, surrealism, history and medicine. And history of medicine. (I used to be an archaeologist but now I'm in APRN school; yes, I know it's a weird career change.)

As for Octopuses, I think I still have a few Halloween cards I collaged up a few years ago - each was an octopuses in a different costume. Maybe I'll make a May Day batch (where they all have little labor union protest signs or something.)

J P (Apkallu)
PO Box 9709
New Haven CT 06536
USA

Apkallu fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apkallu
May 8, 2007

SlimeSanction posted:

does anyone happen to know if 1 forever stamp will be enough for a letter to Chile?

It's not. Most international from US -> anywhere but Mexico and Canada, IIRC is a higher rate. Forever stamps work as standard rate US First Class. So you can supplement it to the current 98 cent rate or buy international postage, which is preferred.

http://www.usps.com/prices/first-class-mail-international-prices.htm

Apkallu
May 8, 2007
I think some of us are just procrastinating. My schedule finally freed up, so I have a table covered in paper scraps and glue at last. I also want to post a picture of the awesome Octopus Team Lunch sent me, but I'm having camera problems.

Apkallu
May 8, 2007

lamb posted:

I updated the list today to include new posters, and to remove anyone who hasn't posted since before June. If I've removed your address and you'd still like to be on it, let me know: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html.

Get ready for some Halloween crap!

That's exactly what I said the other day - I'm going to spend my crappy shift tomorrow addressing envelopes finally. Sorry about the delay, but could I be put back on the list?

I need to post pics of some of my cards so far - I think Keetron (hard to read the name) is the one who sent me a quietly minimalist postcard from a burgeoning artist, and Lamb and Team Lunch, of course - love the fortune slips! Someone sent me a fantastic career octopus I haven't gotten a photo of yet; it was the first one I got and I managed to lose the envelope.