Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Going to give this a shot since life has been stressful lately (and it's my bday next week, 10/17). Looking forward to sending and receiving all sorts of fun cards etc.

Anne Farrand
3385 Burbank Dr
Ann Arbor MI 48105

No NSFW on the outside please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Mizfusion - I got your postcard this weekend. Thank you! It made me smile.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Amarie - thanks for the awesome squirrel bday card! Loved it! :)

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

5 "lucky" goons should be getting some mail soon.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Arachtion - I got your letter yesterday! Thank you for making me your first piece of goon mail. Living in Michigan the canadian coins are a common sight but I've never seen such new shiny ones. The roman coin is cool. I'm going to have to see if there are any A&W's still around here. I know there used to be.

Thanks again!

PS. Lamb - Is the list going to be updated soon with all the new addresses?

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Yay!:neckbeard: I'm glad some of the cards are starting to arrive.

I may send another random batch this weekend........

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Kafka's Goldfish- I got your letter! Love the Alice in Wonderland stamps. I also liked the stories about your kitties. I'd love to see pics of them.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

I got cards from Lamb and Aunt Buck yesterday!! I loved the monster bomb from Lamb, so much fun stuff in it. And a Mr. Happy card too.

I really need to take a picture of all my goon mail......

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Yesterday I came home to find 3 pieces of goonmail waiting for me. Oh happy day! Thank you Foxxor, Thermophonic Joy and Tempura Wizard! And I have finally gotten around to taking pictures of all the loot.

From Foxxor the Red (I'll post another pic once I've colored him in)

From Lamb (recovered the silly bandz from the cats)

From Tempura Wizard, Arachtion, and Kafka's Goldfish

From Thermophonic Joy (all sorts of fun stuff! I hope the cucumber seeds will be okay until next year.)

From Amarie, Aunt Buck and MizFusion (some of the first pieces I received)

Oh and I may have mailed another batch earlier this week.....

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Mizufusion posted:

I got two cards from goons today (and a couple cards from my mom) and now I'm super excited for the holidays. Thanks Fluffy Bunnies and Palette Swap!

Me too! Except for the cards from mom. ;) Thanks Fluffy Bunnies for the starry explosion! Thanks Palette Swap for the cool card.

I've got to get me some fun xmas cards to send out.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Palette swap posted:

Which cat did you get?. I sent 10 cards (for now), two of each of our cats, and it would be fun to know which are arriving first.

I got a great pic of Loki with some plants.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

I got mail from Pit Goddess & Aunt Buck today. Thank you both so much!

I've got the cards, I just need to get off my duff and write messages and mail them.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

I also got Lamb's wonderful xmas card . I love the tiny tree light! And I'm looking forward to having the tea tomorrow morning.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Disargeria posted:

Who wants Harry Potter postcards!!

Me! Please and thank you.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Getting ready to send out another round of cards. Any fans of the following: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Watchmen, X-men, Scooby Doo, Portal, Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Dr. Who or LOTR? This will help me figure out what kind of goodies to send!

Oooh, Monty Python, Princess Bride & Dr.Who. Love them all equally.

I received a lovely card from Crazy Old Clarice today
Thank you very much!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Thank you Kafka's Goldfish for the charming card! I love the Leela and Zoidberg cross stitch.

I've got 30 cards ready to go, just need to get stamps. I hope to get another batch done this weekend .

JimmydaFish fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Dec 15, 2012

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

All of this got dropped off at the post office this morning. Hopefully most will arrive before christmas. Fingers crossed!

forgive the fuzzy cell phone pic

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Goon mailpalooza today! Thank you Cardboard Robot, Andaley, IMJack, Marlowe and Team Lunch!!!! Loved all the cute stickers, origami and sparkly pencil. I'll get pictures after the holidays. Merry Christmas to all!

And I'm in for Valentine's Day mail.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Rythe posted:

Managed to dig through all my Lego to finally have enough pieces to make a dozen or so Valentines presents, going to get those ready to go in the next few weeks.

Well you've certainly piqued my curiousity.....

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Hey everyone, I have a favor to ask. My mom has been quite sick lately (part of the reason I am behind on posting thanks for xmas cards) and she needs some cheering up. Would you kindly goons send her some fun/cute/cheerful cards to help her feel better? Better keep it clean since it is my mom. I would really appreciate it. I just want her to smile again and not be so miserable.

Cards can be sent to:
J. da Fish's mom
C/O Jimmy da Fish
3385 Burbank Dr
Ann Arbor MI 48105

Thanks in advance! :)

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Thanks Team Lunch and Shoozy!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

13Pandora13 posted:

Hope your mom likes belated Christmas cards/weiner dogs, because I have a bunch left and I'm not throwing them out because my dogs are the best dogs :colbert:

I'm sure she would love it. Anything to make her smile. Thanks!!!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Geektox posted:

Could I request something similar for parents as well? My mom has taken a bit of a turn for the worse and both of my parents are kind of stressed as a result. Sending greeting cards isn't very popular in Chinese culture so I think it'll be a nice treat for them.

Qing & Jing
C/O Edmond
#154-3650 Mount Seymour Pkwy
PO Box 30088 PARKGATE
North Vancouver, BC V7H2Y0
Canada

Jimmydafish, my first card will be for your mum! In the meantime, all my best to you and your family.

Thank you! I am sending a card your way as well.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Thank you to Dushkani, Shoozy and 13Pandora13! :) I got your cards for my mom yesterday. I am going to take them to her when I visit her in the hospital later today. She's still up and down so we're not sure yet when she'll be sent home. :sigh:

Shoozy - your mom makes adorable cards and I promise to make the brownies when my mom is feeling better.
13Pandora13 - your weiner dogs are very cute, especially Woody in the santa hat.
Dushkani - the foxy cubs are too sweet! :3:

crappy cell phone pic

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Thank you to Opera Bitch for the card for my mom! She seems slightly bemused by this whole "cards from internet strangers thing" but they are making her smile. If anyone else is still up for sending her a card, please do. It is still going to be awhile before she's feeling better. At least she's home from the hospital now.

And thank you also to Disargeria for the Harry Potter postcard. That made me smile. :)

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Shoozy posted:

Mine aren't really goony - I grabbed a bunch from the dollar bins at Target and I'm going to add in a couple things to make it a tiny bit goony. Last year I sent out doofy Valentines of puppies and kittens - the kind that kids exchange in school. Got those from a dollar store.

Sounds like we might be sending out the same Valentines! :hfive: I picked up a bunch from the Target dollar bins too. I have some stickers and other stuff to add to them.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Opera Bitch posted:

That sounds great! I finished my cards today, and plan to send them out as soon as my PO gets its V-day stamps in stock.

EDIT: I was thinking about it, and for those of you planning on sending out Valentine's cards, can I ask that some be sent to my mom? She got out of a ten plus year relationship last year that wasn't going anywhere, with a guy who was pretty selfish for most of it. I'd love for her to actually get something in time for Valentine's day this year. All I ask is that you keep it clean. I would really appreciate it and I know she would find it funny.

Donna
C/O Naomi D.
27B Macdoughnough St.
Plattsburgh, NY 12901

I'll get one out to your mom!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Heart glitter bomb all over the kitchen counter! Thanks Opera Bitch for the really pretty card. And the somewhat creepy sticker on the envelope. ;)

And a thank you to Pit Goddess for the card for my mom. She is totally bemused by them but it has cheered her up. She is starting to feel better and I choose to believe the well wishes from internet strangers helped. Thanks again to everyone who has sent a card.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Shoozy I'm in the same boat so your brownie recipe is tucked away for later. Loved the Scooby Doo coloring page, I can't decide which side to color first!

DLAO Thank you for the Hello Kitty valentine. So so cute!

Lamb As usual your card has some many fun little treats! The hamster card is adorable! The fun fact was great and now I want to hear a cheetah purr. I'm going to save the treasure hunt until V Day. And all the robots stickers! Love it! Thank you!

I swear I'm going to work on cards this weekend........ bought Forever stamps before the rate hike and everything.....

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Shoozy posted:

I think the Scooby Doo page is from DLAO?

Oh gosh, you're right! Sorry DLAO, thank you for the coloring page.

This is what happens when your cats distract you and knock all your mail to the ground........ Yes, I am blaming the cats. :colbert:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

I got my Lego Valentine today!!!!!! :neckbeard: Thank you Rythe! I even put it together without peeking at the answer key.

Kafka's Goldfish- you are amazing! I love love love both needlepoints. But I must say the one based on my title is super special. And thank you for the card for my mom too.

Crazy Old Clarice, so many fun things in your card! Even a tiny card for mom. I can't wait to try the magic paint picture.

Now why did I have to lend my camera to my friend this weekend? So pics will come next week. THANK YOU all for the cards. This is so much fun!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Mailed out my cards yesterday!

Lamb, thank you for the card for mom.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Finally got my camera back so onto to the pics.
from Crazy Old Clarice

from Rythe I've now brought the heart in to decorate my cubicle at work. :)

from Kafka's Goldfish

Can I just say again how much I love this one?

And last night, I got this one from Team Lunch! The paper plane has been made, flown and destroyed (the cats were fascinated by it).

Like others have mentioned, I get positively giddy when I find goon mail in the mailbox. I do a little happy dance and the cats look at me funny. As another single on V Day, this makes this usually horrible time of year so much better. Thanks to you all!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Yay! I'm glad the cards are starting to arrive. The fortune fish are something I remember from childhood. I was only able to get about a dozen of them so 12 random goons got them.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I've gotten quite a bit of goonentine love already, and it's time to say my thank you's! First up is:

Vixenella and Alkaphanel! Thank you for the adorable elephant valentine, colouring page, and the romance conversation card. All very cute, and suitably Valentine-y. :buddy:

JimmydaFish, thank you for the awesome postcard! I think I've already sent a reply out to you for this postcard, so I won't bore you by saying the same things twice.

Shoozy sent me a cute valentine and a brownie recipe I haven't tried yet. I baked some muffins that were absolute abominations yesterday, so I think I might try this recipe instead this weekend to try and redeem myself in the eyes of my family. Yikes.

Pezmaster and Killamajig sent me this awesom

Te valentine and colouring page. I laughed so hard at the colouring job. Very well done... and not a bit suggestive. Thank you.

(I took the Lego apart so I wouldn't give away the puzzle to anyone who hasn't received theirs yet.) Rythe!!, thank you so much for the Lego valentine! Oh man, I had so much fun putting it together! I figured out the puzzle without looking at the hint, but it did take me a while. I had to sort out all the pieces first and when I realized there was only one of the square block, I knew that was the centre. Everything fit together pretty quickly after that.

This really reminded me how much I used to love Lego as a kid. :3: I'm so happy you sent me this! Thank you! Best Valentine's gift in ages, seriously.

Thanks for all the goonlove, everyone! I hope my letters start reaching people soon. :unsmith:

That is an awesome card but it's not from me. I wish I had sent it. :shrug:

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Total embarassment of goon love in yesterday's mail. :blush: 6 cards! I was doing a happy dance and my cats were looking at me like I had lost my mind. I don't care. I am loving all the love. :love:

First up, Thermophonic Joy! Thank you for the card, stickers, and note (even if it was really for God Bless Johnny ;) )!

Marlowe, the maze is really cool. I don't know if I have the nerve to tackle it. And the card is so pretty.

Tremors, awww a homemade heart! So cute!

Dushkani, love the dachshund card and the handwritten note.

IM Jack, I laughed out loud at your prison valentine. Glad to know you've got my back!

And Niemat, love the Halloween valentine. You're right, they do both involve candy!

And finally, who needs a bouquet of flowers when you can have a bouquet of goony valentines? Not me. These will last longer than flowers too.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Thank you Disargeria for the valentine fun! I got it yesterday and it made the day better.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Thanks to Panorama Change from me too!!!!!!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

You're welcome! ^^^^^

Shoozy - I made brownies today using your recipe. They are super yummy! Thank you again. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

I got a Marchmastine from MizFusion today!! What a lovely surprise on this dreary gray day. Thank you!!!!