Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

This weekend I rediscovered drawing and I got a few postcards in the making or made already. Included is my address as there will be no room on the card. Also will I ignore all holidays, sorry about that.

By the way, I am going down the address list top to bottom but if you are impatient you can suggest something you would like to see on your postcard and you might just be first in line all of a sudden...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Keetron fucked around with this message at 11:52 on May 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

No requests? Or is this thread dead at the time I arrived?

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Sending out some more today, some will be with watercolor as I splurged again in the art supplies store and I got me a nice set of watercolors and postcards are the perfect size to go have fun with.
Ow, I am not keeping with the holidays but printed out the list made by Lamb and working my way down that now. So unless you post a request, it might take some time ;)

Keetron fucked around with this message at 09:01 on May 29, 2011

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Team Lunch posted:

The stamp was scratched out with a pen for some reason. Seemed a bit strange, maybe that had something to do with the delay? I have no idea.

As a former mailman, I know this one! Sometimes a mailitem like a letter or postcard, is not stamped off (language?) correctly and when you as a mailman notice this, you use a pen while on your route or sorting the mail.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Mizufusion posted:

I just found a postcard in my mailbox, with a painting of a pumpkin on it, and a trick-or-treat request from a little girl in the Netherlands. I might have to wait until I get paid next week, but I can't not send her candy now. :ohdear:

I don't know how familiar you are with American candy, but as far as I'm concerned, I got the good stuff this year.

Ehm, if you are low on funds, please appoint said funding towards food and clothing for you and not towards candy for some 10yo spoiled brat... :-) That said, I asked her what she thought would be nice candy and she got mad with me for sending out her card and then mentioned that any candy would do.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

BigStu posted:

Should I just assume that everyone from the begining of the thread is still interested in getting something? I'll post my address oer the weekend once I get some stuff ready to mail out. Please excuse my handwriting in advance.

The OP has a list online with all the adresses and I assume he updates it every now and then with the active posters. The old list that I use has quite a few people who are silent when receiving something (like I am, sooooooorrrryyyyy) and thus making my activity seem low.

Anyway, print that list and keep an eye on people who posted their name / adress afterwards, that should help you out a lot.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I am working down Lamb's list and send out another 10 cards this morning. Currently BigHustle is on top of the list and I have another 30 cards and stamps in stock. If you posted on or before page 7, you can count on a card.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Niemat posted:

Still eagerly awaiting my first piece of goonmail! :ohdear: I hope it's not lost!!
You are in the batch going out tomorrow, might take a bit to get there tho.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

So much mail came the last weeks and I was silent. So finally a picture:

Apart from Lamb and Rufus from Chile I kinda slack on the naming.
For everyone else, I send up to page 7 yesterday and have another 20 cards to write so everyone should get at least one card from Europe.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

peanutbutterunicorn posted:

Keetron, bless your heart, I just couldn't make out what kind of recipes you wanted to swap?

Ehm, to be honest, I send out 40 cards and wrote all kinds of random things ranging from very depressed to very upbeat depending on the time of day and my mood. So I have no idea what you are talking about and I hope you do not take it personal if it was something you might see as offensive. This goes for everyone that received a card from me.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Apostate posted:

Thank-you nonpromqueen, Eumindy, Rufus en Fuego, and a goon from the Netherlands whose name I can't read (start with a K?)!

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Thanks lamb, and also the Amsterdam euro-goon who's name I can't make out.

I see a trend...

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Keetron posted:

Apostate posted:

and a goon from the Netherlands whose name I can't read (start with a K?)!

Beer_Suitcase posted:

and also the Amsterdam euro-goon who's name I can't make out.

I see a trend...

USS Kobayashi Issa posted:

and a Dutch goon whose handwriting is hard as balls to read! :woop:

This goes beyond a trend, this seems to be habitual.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Very much overdue I decided to open up all my Christmas mail (10 in total, WOOT!) and I want to thank Mizufusion & Psykoguy, Gonzo Ronin, 13pandora13, Van Goober, nonpromqueen, Rufus En Fuego (my cleaning lady hates you ;-), when worlds collide, Team Lunch, Afishonastick and Drei!

My father in law is thrilled with the stamps from all over the world and I found my list that has some names on it to send stuff to and then I can update with lambs newest list.

I figured this is the snailmail / holiday mail thread, you can send out wether it is christmas or not and you will be target audience for random internet idiots.
For example: I draw on postcards, but you will have to name the subject. Name one and receive a card. been a while, so if you requested in the past let's pretend I forgot and request again!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you Mysa, your card came a day after I put up the big post...

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

cuntvalet posted:

Which is why I request people don't use my screenname on the envelope. Could you even imagine? :ohdear:

Oops...

Also, nobody wants custom made, topic requested postcards?
To warm you up, I found some I did in the past:

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

cardboardRobot posted:

I'd love another custom postcard! The first one you sent me was all kinds of weird. I'd love some sort of angler fish or other deep sea thing.

Did you receive this one?

Because this is about the weirdest I did, must say it was very late at night, alcohol might have been a factor.

And dear cuntvalet, now you know why you should request something. ;)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

All postcards are outlined in pencil but I had no eraser when I was at the hospital so progress stopped there. I hopefully have some time for the first time tonight since my son was born Wednesday.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Pillory Soft posted:

Picked out an assortment of Valentine's goodies, and am ready to spread some Goon love!

Keetron: If you are still doing requests, I'd like to see your interpretation of a grindhouse Cupid. I will gladly draw you something in exchange (if you have a theme in mind, just let me know). :3:

You are actually first on the list now, I sketched, inked and put the address the others, most are colored and some are already out. Trying to find the best medium at the moment and I have very little time to myself currently.
Also I have no idea what a grindhouse cupid should look like, so I am grateful for the request as it will learn me something. All mail is welcome by the way, hand drawn or not.

Which reminds me to thank Jendawn13 and Fluffy Bunnies for the mail!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

lamb posted:

I thought this might be of interest to you fellow mailgoons:

http://riowang.blogspot.com/2011/12/language-of-stamps.html

You may have been sending secret love messages all this time without even knowing it!

I liked Bruce Schneiders' response to it:

Bruce Schneider posted:

The history of coded messages in postage-stamp placement. I wonder how prevalent this actually was. My guess is that it was more a clever idea than an actual signaling system. And I notice that a lot of the code systems don't have a placement that indicates "no message; this is just a stamp."

It gave me the feeling of the pre-modern equivalent of quizzes in teen-age magazines that will tell you whether or not your current crush is into you or if you are a Romantic or a Pragmatic when drinking soda.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Thank you Keetron, for the Catburger!

I cannot stop laughing at it. I'm in Victoria, so it was bound to get rained on. Hope it's still the way it's supposed to look.

Holy poo poo, I love this thing. :woop:

He just looks so upset!

You have no idea how much effort I put in getting the nice washed out look on the colors! Glad you like it, but it was not the Victorian torrents but just my sweat and tears.
It went out the door like this:

And hell, would you not be upset if you are so fat you cannot move anymore?

I hope the "Human week for Sharks" and "Anglerfish" arrived too.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you Niemat and Lamb for the card and goodies, I would upload a picture but my internet magic is gone and might be back later.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Team Lunch posted:

KEETRON! drew my request! Sharks watching human week! Very Gary Larson-esque! (My asshat apartment manager wrote '9K' on the front, gee thanks.)

I immediately noticed that and flared up, the jerkface, mishandling original art someones postcard like that! I mean, you can write it on the back with the same amount of effort...

About the Gary Larson reference, glad you two notice, and there are two specific comics that I used for inspiration (from memory). One is "Shark Nerds" and that is a shark with glasses operating the projector and the other is "Shark holiday pictures" where they show pictures of swimmer's legs.

I have one postcard I need to color in and send out, about a birthday animal which means I can take new requests. Progress is slow as my time is really scarce but I would like to have some pending requests from whoever. If you like my stuff, check out my tumblr where I post everything I create since a week or so, even before I send it out...

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Hello everyone who send me great mail recently, due to a baby I have been very busy with all kinds of stuff like changing diapers and not sleeping. This will prevent me from sending anything in the future as well or participate actively in this thread. So Lamb, can you please remove me from the list? This only seems fair and I will join back up when my life is easier, which likely will be never or only in a year or four.

Thank for all the mail, goons! It was a great time...

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

When I was cleaning out my apartment, I came across a huge batch of goonmail I received well over a year ago and it reminded me that these card exchanges are fun and that I like drawing on postcards.

In case you want to send something, please use stamps as my father in law is a collector who gets all fuzzy from all the stamps I give him from you guys.
My address got removed from the OP list, here it is again:

Keetron (Koen Prins)
Nachtwachtlaan 512
1058ET Amsterdam
The Netherlands, Europe.

If you want a personal postcard drawn, just post your request and it will be done sooner or later. I draw slow.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Did a download of the excel, 80 goons on there. Patience is a virtue and i send out seven cards so far.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Edit: so this is how you doublepost...

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

The Schwa posted:

So many thanks to give! I got goonmail from lady flash, Stuffins, party hat, Shoozy, nonpromqueen, Shenanigansluck, the Genesplicers, marlowe, lamb, Etar (?), Brotato, and one I can't read (but it's very pretty)!

Valentines Day mail will be going out once I get my poo poo together :haw:

You know, I do not want much in life. Health for me and my family, a reliable income for comfortable living and to be named in the goonmail thread. I checked my post history to see if my address was still in and I am consistently named as "The nice card that cannot be deciphered". It is something I will have to learn to deal with. As a heads up to everyone else, if you receive a card that is unreadable, you can more or less assume it is from me. (In this case I checked if I indeed send The Schwa mail :) )

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you Shenanigansluck for the wonderful Christmas card, we are happy with the stamps and your kind considerations!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

I received three pieces of goonmail from 13Pandora13, DLAO and Kafka's Goldfish (your cross stitch is hanging on proud display now!) and send out a batch of 10 this weekend, no V-cards.
So I sat down to paint a big series of Valentines to go out to goons all across the globe. To make a long story short, my spouse is very pregnant and hormonal and has issues with me sending out valentine cards to anyone but her and at this point I cannot blame her. All cards are now of more neutral nature and will go out somewhere next week when I have time again to sit down and complete them.
Another discovery is that it makes no difference if I put the card in an envelope or send it out bare, this offers opportunities to add some small random stuff, again of neutral nature...

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Hey all, thank you for your valengoons mail and for the St. Patricks stuff, my daughters loved it.

Last month, my second son and fourth child was born so you could say I am rather busy at the moment so not sending out a lot. However, I still have a ton of international stamps so no way I will give up my spot on the list.

When the updated version is here, I will review and see who did not yet get anything and will do some low effort cards. :effort: Handmade, just quick stuff.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

lamb posted:

I have updated the list (links in the OP). Let me know if I've picked up any of your info incorrectly.

Thank you, I only have 14 blanks left now! So if you are on the current list and never received something from me, be prepared!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Dancer posted:

The first five people who tell me they have even the slightest interest in visual novels are gonna get something nice :). (I take PMs too)

I do not know what it is but I love goonmail.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Thank you Genesplicers for the Bigfoot card!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Over the weekend put out a big batch of cards to all the people on the list that I did not send anything to yet. Some of the names did not post in months and I hope they did not move house or anything. No return addresses were added, I hope the postman likes weird cards in case they cannot be delivered.

One in particular, a handmade card, I hope arrives well. It was more or less by accident it was added to the batch as my girlfriend wanted to keep it as she has a tendency to do with the cards I put more effort in. This is also the reason I send out super weird cards now and then, else she wants to keep them.

Can I request a Harry Potter package for my daughter? She is 13 years old and so much into it, writing fanfic and everything. The address is the same, her name is Mia.

Something else I did this weekend was watch Adventure Time which I never checked out before. My god, that is silly and awesome and immature all at the same time. Will draw some cards, we have any fans here? Still have stamps left :D

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

The small circles are temporary tattoos!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

super mario batali posted:

Did you send me the "manly men ignoring safety protocols" postcard? I think its your name on the postcard, but it is hard to tell. Yes, I am still alive, thank you for checking

- Love, The artist formerly known as thepiman314

Yes I am pretty sure that was me too. The illegible writing and thus username is kind of getting a trademark, about half my posts here are explaning that Keezren is in fact this Dutch goon.

Made three Adventure Time cards, will send them to the next three posters.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

khamul posted:

Hello,
khamul
2092 Farleigh Rd
Upper Arlington, OH 43221
USA

I'm a bit late to this thread-- by several years it seems-- but feel free to send correspondence or cards of any description. I like to print off and send vintage postcards, letters, trading cards etc and enjoy history, the arcane, pop culture and zines.

Prepare your mailbox, there are a few very dedicated mailers in this thread.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

My daughter received a letter from the Ministry of Magic.

Lamb, I haven't seen her this excited about something for years and you gave me an awesome idea for a gift for her birthday.

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Dear Pitgodess, thank you for your card as it is always fun to get mail from far away. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Cone of Tragedy posted:

Hey! If anyone has sent me a letter in the last few months and hasn't heard from me, it is because I moved to a house with a schizophrenic landlord and he was taking all my mail and was weirded out by the odd messages with weird names on them and I didn't know about it. Things got strange and I moved out but the post office doesn't forward stuff not under my real name. I updated my address on the list and am living in a new place that is great with a fellow Goonette, so I apologize and want to thank everyone who sent stuff even though it is gone now. Super bummed those got taken, this always was one of the highlights of my holidays before. If you mailed me a letter, send me your name and I will still send you something anyway!

This is terrible and a crime, he ought to be flogged or at least treated for his illness.
So when would you say this started?