Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
This thread got linked in the fountain pen chat thread, so I figured I'd toss my name into the hat.

Dino
600 W 122nd St
New York, NY 10027

I like fountain pens (especially cheap ones that are less than $20), Picadilly notebooks, the colour red (or yellow, or orange, or any other bright, happy colour), cooking (I've made a couple of threads in Goons with Spoons about foods I like to cook), and cows. Also, Ganesh is my favourite god in the Hindu pantheon. My mum was a fan of his from an early age, and she passed that on to me. My husband and I bought each other little Ganesh statues that we take with us when we're apart/travelling (he's the whitest white man who ever whited, but he likes Ganesh too :kimchi:). Also, the hamsa/hand of fatima (depending on what tradition you're calling it from).

I recently (as of 36 days ago) got sober, and wanted to find myself a fun activity I can do that doesn't involve drinking, because a lot of the stuff that I used to enjoy are activities that I did while fairly drunk. I wanted to try something completely different that I only have sober associations with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
I got a letter from lamb. Thank you laaaaaaamb! The card is sooo cute and your handwriting is the tits. What were the little cards for? Am I meant to fill them out and return them on my reply?

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

OK! Will do with the next letter. I couldn't find stationary at home, because tiny room, and no space, so everything is lost. However! Will have something nicer next time. :3

Attached is the card Lamb sent. LOOK AT HOW FANCY. I love it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Embitica: Thank you for the card! I love the picture of the little calf. :3 So cute! I can't read part of your address. It says:

HOUSE NUMBER, STREET NAME, and what looks like "kel"

I want to send you a thing, but IDK what it says.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Opera Bitch your card came in the post today, and now there are little pumpkins all over the place. :P Thank you! It is soooo cute.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
You sent a letter, Lamb, and it's lovely. Your handwriting makes me so jelly, I love it. :D

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

TheAbominableSnow posted:

Made a few Cryptid-themed Christmas/Kwanzaa/Solstice/Wintercelebrationsmas cards. Cryptidsmas! Gonna try and write the interiors and have em sent off over the weekend. Might do another batch of these for later.

I don't even know what a cryptid is but these look soo cool. Your use of splashes of colour along with the black and white is really effective.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Hey all. I want to thank everyone for sending me all that lovely mail. I still haven't found a job (and I've been back with husband here in New York since August), and my credit cards are more or less maxed out, and my bank account is running on fumes. The depression has been setting in hard, but getting those cards and letters would give me a major boost to my day, so that I can keep my spirits up. I put up the stickers I got on various things I own, so that when I'm feeling lonely or sad, I could have a little reminder that someone out there cares enough to send a stranger good wishes. Thank you all so much for reaching out.

The halloween cards and letters were great, and the recent christmas cards (one with a penguin which is sooo cute, and two from the same person; one of a cow which is on display on the door and a santa one) are just that little boost I need during this time of year, when the sun sets at like 4:00 in the afternoon. Thank you all again.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Jimmy da Fish, I got your sparkle card and the colouring page. I have coloured the dentist elf side and put it up on my fridge. The band aid is adorable. If anyone wants to see his fabulous outfit, I'll take a photo and post it here. :)

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
I GOT A JOB. Once I get my first pay cheque, I'll be sending out mail.

LAmb thank you for the v-day haul. It's adorable. That whoopee cushion though. <3 Oh, goons.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Got embitica's Valentimes cards and the photos of those adorable animals. That deer looks so sarcastic. :agesilaus::sun:

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Julet Esqu posted:

Jesticle, thank you for the card. I enjoyed the pics. :)

JimmydaFish, I'm glad to hear you got my card. I was playing kind of fast and loose with the postage and I was pretty sure I was going to end up getting a stack of cards back in a few weeks.

I also sent out a second batch of cards... uh... yesterday. So a little later than I'd planned. I'm with you guys in spirit, though!

Pinch insurance! I can't even. My coworkers were amused that I was wearing it a day late.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Thanks for the card, Juliet Esqu. My floor is so happy looking. XD

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Hey all. My address has changed:

170 Academy St
Apt B13
Jersey City, NJ 07306

How odd is it that I change my address on here before I do the post office? XD

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Got your card, 13 Pandora 13, and it really cheered me up. Going to start working again Monday but it's for horrible boss. We have no money so no choice. Your card was a major cheering up I needed.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Holy cats, Team Lunch, the krampus card is so beautiful.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
We couldn't afford to decorate this year, so the apartment was looking depressing until all the cards from goons started coming in. Lamb, I love the Krampus card. :3 Goon tidings to you too! xo

IMJack you glitter bombing fiend! I thought your card is adorable, although I don't recognise the character. Help?

Ceramic Pig: the glitter penguin is definitely a good omen for the upcoming year. 2015 is finally over, and we're looking forward to 2016, because anything is better than this year.

13Pandora13 this Xmas was pretty cool, because we got to hang out with friends, and eat until we couldn't move. That's the meaning of the season, right? That snowflake on your card you sent is beautiful and silver and gorgeous.

Jimmy da Fish: Husband was like "How come the naughty or nice isn't checked off?" I replied that it was our job to do so. I should probably have checked naughty so I can get some coal. This place is cold.

Marlowe: Thanks for the beautiful card. It's so pretty and understated but still festive. :3 Also. Glitter.

Juliet Esqu: The holidays were indeed the happiest! Also, I found one of the star glitter pieces in my backpack the other day, which reminded me of the card and the note. <3

Aunt Buck: Thanks for the card! It's beautiful and the contrast of the white on gold makes it stand out in the sea of red.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Thank you lamb, Julet Esqu, and 13 Pandora 13 for the v-day cards.

I've been so depressed that it's been hard to get out of the house to get to work every day. When your cards and stickers came in, I made sure to put up the stickers and cards all over my apartment, my phone, and my computer. Every time I look at them, I remember that strangers on the Internet care enough about me to send me something to cheer me up. I don't know if you all realise how much I appreciate your love, but please know that it's one of the things that kept me going when things got really low. Thank you so much. I hope that I can crawl out of this low point soon enough. Your mail is helping more than you'll ever know. xoxoxoxo

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Jesticle: THAT IS A VERY GOOD DOG AND YOU SHOULD BE PROUD! LOOK AT HIS FAAAAAAACE. Also the monkey envelopes are cool as hell. Also the butterfly stickers are gorgeous. I have a friend who's obsessed with butterflies, and I think I'll let them have one. The rest are for going on my fridge, etc. Kung hei fat choy to you too. :3

Jimmy da Fish: The V-day card came, and it is adorable. The butterfly one is pretty as heck. And also the puppy and kitty one omg. I managed to harvest the heart stickers from the envelope, and they are currently decorating my electrical outlet sitting next to my bed.

Aunt Buck: The little doggie who grows and shrinks is so cool. I haven't seen one of those things in forever. What are they called? I have an ungodly love for giant goofy dogs. Also, love for classic Batman. :3

I think that the postman basically took all my mail home, and sat on it, as they all arrived yesterday.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

thepitgoddess posted:

Hey dino-

My boxof goodies was returned to me! It says you moved. Do you have a new address?

Thanks!

Wtf that's nuts.

170 Academy St
B13
Jersey City, NJ 07036

That's been the address since July.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
I got a card from someone in England, but not sure who sent it, because it was horribly damaged by rain, so I can't make out what the writing on the inside says. :( Anyone want to claim credit?

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

thepitgoddess posted:

Your package came back to me AGAIN (and I moved, so it's going to take ages to come back). THe address was even verified by the USPS postage thing. *siiiigh*

What the craaaaaaap. >:(

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Keetron (I think?) I got your beautiful letter, and picture of Maslow's Hierarchy, and was cheered up immensely. It was such exactly what I needed.

Lamb, thanks for the postcard from Disney! I love love love Harry Potter, and am very jealous that you're writing from Diagon Alley!

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Kreyla thank you so much for the shiny stickers. I've put some on my phone, my fridge, my lighter, and a bunch of other spots in my apartment so that it'll cheer me up whenever I look at them. :)

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Julet Esqu I got your card! I forgot the warning about the confetti, so I had to vacuum afterwards. BUT STILL. It was a very festive vacuuming. XD The stickers promptly went onto my fridge. I don't know what it is about stickers, but I feel the unholy urge to festoon every available surface with them when I get them in the post from you all. It's like a constant reminder of goons in my life. <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Thank you lamb for the halloween spoooooky goodies. They are sooo cute. Thanks also to Sheraugasluck (sp?) for the adorable postcard with all those cute spooky stickers. When it arrived, it had been stamped on the postcard itself. The postcard is mostly black. The ink of the machine is black. So someone got the idea to stamp it on the other side too. XD That poor postcard. STamped to hell and back.