Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mysa09
May 28, 2010
I've finally decided to do this. I have a "small" scrap-booking addiction so I have way more paper and stickers and other things I'll never use so this is perfect. If you send me something please no NWS on the outside as the mail will be going to 1 of two houses(My parents or my grandparents. The addresses are almost identical except for 1 letter and our mailman puts my mail wherever he feels like it that day.)

Stephanie C/Mysa
4923 State Route 276
Batavia, Ohio 45103

I like animals(chances are if I send you something I'll probably include a picture of one of my pets doing something silly :3:)
Also Disney stuff and Star Wars. Oh and Pokemon :psyduck: (I'm 23, Don't judge)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Is it to early to mail out x-mas stuff? :ohdearsass:

mysa09
May 28, 2010
I sent out about 30 Christmas cards a couple days before Christmas. None got sent back but the mail man wasn't very happy that I put a lot of stickers on the envelopes. :ohdearsass:

Put me back on the list for Valentine's Day Cards!

Stephanie
4923 State Route 276
Batavia,Ohio 45103

mysa09
May 28, 2010

There ya go Lamb

mysa09
May 28, 2010

lamb posted:

Awesome. Where did you see those?

Walmart for $2.50.

mysa09
May 28, 2010
I'm trying to get Valentine's Day cards to everyone. I have alot of stickers and Dollar store valentines that consist of Batman,Harry Potter, Disney Princess's and Hello Kitty. :D Expect alot of glitter and random (heart related) objects.

Also..Anyone want to send a get well card to my poor cat? She has a fractured leg. :cry:

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Her name is Jill and she is very talented at being cute. :3:

You can send stuff to her at
Jill Cahill
4923 State Route 276
Batavia,Ohio 45103

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Thank you to Lamb,Niemat and Rufus for the get well cards to Jill. She enjoyed biting and laying on the cards. :3:

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Count me in(and my best friend)! :woop:
My best friends birthday is September 28th and I know she would absolutely love getting birthday card from strangers! She has a cat,a guinea pig,loves Gothic stuff, anything black and anything funny or nerdy. (Her name is Jesse):toot:

I did the Christmas card exchange a last year and it was so much fun, So i'd love to get back on the list so I can mail people things for Halloween,thanksgiving and Christmas! As for me I like WoW,Disney,Pokemon,any kind of animal(I have horses,dogs,a 5 month old puppy,guinea pigs,cats and birds. Expect to get pictures of them in costumes in your cards)and Doctor who(New obsession. Someone send me a Tardis card :ohdear:)

So mail us things! We share a PO box.

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 30, 2013

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Finally got to the Post office to check our box and we were thrilled to get stuff! Jesse got a couple birthday cards :D. We also got a postcard fromGenesplicer which was quite ironic. See picture. :eek:

From Mizufusion-

And Finally from Kafka's Goldfish!!
(Jesse's)

And Mine which I am TOTALLY framing and putting in my bedroom. :3:

I've got a stack of stuff that should be going out at the end of the week. Including some late birthday cards :doh:. Also my mother has decided she would like participate in this. If you send something you'll definitely get something back from her. She was super excited when I told her I'd add her and went and bought a box to keep stuff in and a bunch of stickers and random stuff at the $1 store.(If anyone has anything with gnomes on it,send it.She has a collection of gnomes.) At this point it looks like we're all going to share a P.O. box even though it's mine. So if you send stuff addressed to any of us I'll make sure it gets to the right person.
Rhonda C.
P.O. Box 509
Owensville,Ohio

P.S. She mentioned something about sending recipes and tea bags. Anyone interested in either?

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 14, 2013

mysa09
May 28, 2010

Ashendar posted:

Shouldn't that be a critical service?

Btw, does anyone know what kind of things could cause problems if put into envelops? If they see something lumpy, will they open it and check for antrax or something?

One year for Christmas I mailed pencils and erasers and pin buttons. The envelopes were slightly lumpy/stiff. I never had a problem except when I stuck stickers all over the envelopes. They all got where they needed to go but my post office guy was grouchy about it. :(

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Got some mail from Lamb last week! (I also finally found out where she bought her envelopes.)
On the other hand my mother is way ahead of me and has pretty much mailed something to all the USA people (she says about 80% maybe).
So from now on my address is:
Stephanie Cahill (my mailman keeps writing "last name?" on my stuff)
P.O box 509
Owensville, Ohio 45160

Edit: Anyone like Hello Kitty or Dr. Seuss?

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 10, 2013

mysa09
May 28, 2010

lady flash posted:

I've recived Halloween mail from Lamb, Brotato and mysa09. Pop Rocks and a Mummy eraser were some of the highlights. I hadn't had Pop Rocks in years (maybe decades?) so that was a trip. Also mysa the necklace broke :( both the string and some of the wooden beads. Thanks everyone!

Oh no! :-( that was from my mom. I hope that doesn't happen with all the ones she sent. I know she sent a few plastic ones and they did Ok (I think :ohdear: )

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Nothing to see here. Got what I needed. :glomp:

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 28, 2013

mysa09
May 28, 2010

Niemat posted:

Mail goons win!! :dance: I was having a hell of a week prepping students for their next test tomorrow and getting ready for my test this week, but lamb, mysa, ladyflash, jimmy da fish, and I *think* mysa's mom rocked my socks off and lifted my spirits!! In addition, I received a scary postcard from the genesplicers last week!! :D Thanks, all!

Did you get my really late birthday card?!?! :toot:

If the letter was from Rhonda and full of awesomeness then yup. It was from my mom. :neckbeard: Maybe I should just buy her an account on here. :ssh:

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 27, 2013

mysa09
May 28, 2010
I was wondering if anyone has had to pay postage due on anything they've received from me or my mom. (If you have, please tell me. I'll love to make it up to you.) I found out our postmaster had been holding letters from Brotato since the 16th because 1 had a teabag and the other had an eraser. I had always figured as long as it was under 1 ounce and relatively flat it would mail for just a regular stamp. :(

Also just a reminder, please use our last names on stuff. The postmaster is extremely strict about there not being a last name on the letters we receive.

Thanks for the awesome pokemon drawing Brotato! ::3:

mysa09
May 28, 2010

brotato posted:

What, no! Did you have to pay extra for postage due to my hella lumpy mail? I guess that means I need to start adding more stamps. I was always under the impression as long as it fits in a normal-size envelope, all you need is a regular stamp.

Me too! :(
I had to pay 60 cents for 3 envelopes so not a big deal. I bought some 20 cent stamps I'm just going to slap on everything I send from now on just in case.

Edit- It wasn't even really lumpy. I don't really think an eraser is lumpy, and certainly not a tea bag. :iiam:

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 30, 2013

mysa09
May 28, 2010

party hat posted:

Also, I have a feeling this thread is going to be buried now, so there will be less new goons to mail. :(
Did I miss something? :ohdear:

Edit-im assuming your talking about the new rules of not posting personal information? :(

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 2, 2013

mysa09
May 28, 2010

party hat posted:

Oh, I didn't even think about that :ohdear:. I just meant that now GBS is a free for all, the thread keeps getting buried.

I just keep it bookmarked and on my browsers favorites. Lol. Same with my mom. One click and we've got the thread. But I guess if it got buried so far into the archives I'd be out of luck. :(
It'd probably make more sense for the thread to be somewhere else anyway but could we get the whole thing moved or would we have to start a new thread? I'm just worried a bit about the Christmas cards I'm so excited to send out this year. :ohdearsass:

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 4, 2013

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Any chance we can get the address list updated? :ohdear:

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Anyone want to send get well mail to my cat? :3:

He broke his leg Wednesday night. He always comes in the house at night but that night he didn't and he obviously got in a fight with a larger animal. He's really lucky to have gotten away and still be here.
If anyone wants to send him something you can just send it to me and I'll make sure he gets it and most likely rubs his face on it and purr at it. Also, I'll make sure if you send something you'll get something cool in return. :neckbeard:
P.S. My cat is fabulous!

Edit-Sorry! His name is Jack

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 9, 2013

mysa09
May 28, 2010

Niemat posted:

I'm always up for sending kitty get well cards! What's kitty's name...?

edit 2: You and your mother are about to get all kinds of mail bombed from me. Hope the mailman doesn't get all crabby again! :ohdear:

His name is Jack! I don't know if you remember but 2 years ago you send a get well card to another one of my cats, who also broke her leg. That cat was Jack's sister,Jill(Yes, Jack and Jill:downswords:). Getting into trouble must run in the family. :argh:

mysa09
May 28, 2010
For mail for the cat, my name is on the list but as many of you can tell I got stuck with a grumpy postmaster. So please try to address them to me or I'm 99% sure he'll send them back. :bang:

mysa09
May 28, 2010

Senior Scarybagels posted:

I addressed mine to you and hope it gets to you :ohdear:

It should, I just meant if you addressed it to the cat he would be confused and probably send it back. He's very very picky about the names. :cry:

I got mail today from PartyHat!! I loved the fishy drawing. I used to have goldfish and more recently some betta fish but none right now. I'm going to hang it on my wall :3:

mysa09
May 28, 2010

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for posting this. This makes me quite happy.

Also, I got some pretty drat awesome cards (most were for Jack). Pictures coming later tonight hopefully. Responses going out this week. Especially to Niemet(your cards made me laugh and cry a little.thank you!)

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Picture time!!
Got an awesome card from Niemat complete with a cute drawing!

An adorable card from Senior Scarybagels with another cute drawing! :3:

A postcard from Shoozy

I also got a card and a catnip toy from Lady Flash (the picture of the card isn't on my phone) but here's a picture of him and the toy!

Jack went for his 2 week check up today and got his spint/cast changed. Now it's a pretty blue color!:neckbeard:
I also got a copy of his very first xrays. It looks so bad. :cry:

Also, Because I <3 my cat here's a baby picture that makes me :3: every time I look at it.

mysa09
May 28, 2010

DLAO posted:

Sorry for the late post, but I got Goonmail from 13Pandora13, ThePitGoddess, and Rhonda C

Stuffins, I LOVE THE HELLO KITTY STUFF! I am getting xmas cards ready to go and will be sending some out soon!

That was from me :cry:

mysa09
May 28, 2010

JimmydaFish posted:

I ran out of steam to do cards last weekend after doing all my PI:FB cards. This week I swear I'm going to get them done....... really...... I mean it.

That's what I keep saying haha. I got all the envelopes addressed and a card in them! And stamps on them too. So now I just have to go back and shove lots of stuff in them. I like to do things weird and backwards. :doh:

mysa09
May 28, 2010

DLAO posted:

I know. My mom just told me she never wants to speak to me again... So I'm making Christmas cards for Goons because strangers from the internet are nicer than people in real life. :cry: :glomp: to you too.

I have glitter. I have glue. I'm in a sappier-than-hell mood. And glitter cheers me up.

You all have been warned.

Oh no! Sounds like your having a rough time. Would a Christmas card covered in glitter,full of more glitter and pictures of cats in funny places cheer you up? :3:

mysa09
May 28, 2010

DLAO posted:

HAHAH! We should take videos of ourselves when we get/open goonmail. I know I giddily trail glittery goodness all over the place (from mail box, to car, up the stairs, and finally into the apartment).

Your offer alone cheered me up. Then I cried because you are so nice and I officially LOVE you.
:hfive:
I just refreshed the page to go edit my post and say "Nevermind. You don't have a choice now because I just finished your card....Now to go wash the glitter glue off myself."
HAHA. I love glitter but that poo poo gets EVERYWHERE, and you can't ever get rid of it. :stare:

mysa09
May 28, 2010

DLAO posted:

I know, I am COVERED in glitter. Also things around me may have been glitterfied in the process. Such as that seashell sitting on the desk beside me. . . IT LOOKED DEPRESSED! So, I put glued glitter all over it to cheer it up. It looks MUCH happier now.

And the glitter trails, well. I am pretending those are elves/faeries that came to visit in the night. It's FM.

I think I might have overdone your card. It's curling up from the wetness of the glue. :stonk:

mysa09
May 28, 2010

DLAO posted:

I'm okay with it! The thought behind was so beautiful I bet it's the best damned Christmas card ever!

I'm hoping the post office will mail it. I might have :airquote:accidentally :airquote: got glitter on the envelope. After I already had the stamps on it. :ohdearsass:

mysa09
May 28, 2010
I swear on Santa, all my cards, to everyone that's posted up until this are going out tomorrow. Been going through issues with our house And my card stuff got boxed and shuffled out into the garage but I have dug it out and will stay up all night and get them done. :ohdearsass:

mysa09
May 28, 2010
On my way to the post office!

mysa09
May 28, 2010

JimmydaFish posted:

DLAO, Marlowe, ShenigansLuck, and Lamb - I got your cards yesterday! Thank you! I've been delinquent in posting pics lately and hope to remedy that after Xmas. It's quite the card avalanche here between the two card exchanges I'm doing. Loving it!

Lamb, where do you find all those fabulous little trinkets?

And... um... have any of my cards made it yet?

I did! I love that husky, he's so cute!

I also got a card from DLAO. I hope nothing fell out cuz when I pulled it out of my po.box it wasn't sealed :ohdearsass:
Edit: what kind of adorable stamp is that?

I also owe thanks to Marlowe can you go for an awesome kitty get well card. It is adorable and I'll post a pic of it soon.

mysa09 fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 23, 2013

mysa09
May 28, 2010

DLAO posted:

So happy people are receiving their cards! :-)

Mysa09 I hope that everything got to you as well because I GLUED everyone's stuff closed... Grr! It makes me very said to think that something might have disappeared. Also... I varied the stuff I put in there due to the fact that I didn't have enough of everything... So honestly I cannot tell you what was in there most likely

Well,bunny confetti went everywhere and it had an adorable card(picture coming soon) And a glittery snowflake inside.
I hope mine makes it to you in 1 piece. That thing was stiff and beyond glittery. You'll probably die when you see it :roflolmao:

P.s. will you be my glitter pen pal? Lol :hfive:

mysa09
May 28, 2010
Merry Christmas!!!

mysa09
May 28, 2010

DLAO posted:

MYSA09I adored the glittery goodness, all the cute animal pix, and the Hello Kitty coloring page! You have a beautiful furry family! <3 :glomp:

I was so worried it wouldn't get there because I covered the envelope in glitter.thanks for the animal compliment. I work my butt off taking care of that large furry family. Only there's 7 horses not pictured(not ours but I still have to feed them and crap) and 2 birds I have also. And a couple cats too. Jeez. My mom (stuffins) jokes that I'm a crazy cat lady. More like a crazy animal lady.
I expect a glittery card in return! :neckbeard:

mysa09
May 28, 2010

Shoozy posted:

Greetings from Isla Mujeres, Mexico! I made it to the post office this morning with postcards for DLAO, stuffins, Senior Scarybagels, and The Schwa. Did I miss anyone who had asked?? Speak up now. I'm getting lazier by the day.

Ooh. Ooh. Me!! I didn't ask before but I'd love a postcard!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysa09
May 28, 2010
http://ads.nick.com/sponsors/2013/usps/#/Postcard
I'm hoping they'll give them to adults or I'm going to have to bribe a small child to get me some. :3: