Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
I love sending and receiving mail, so count me in!

TheAbominableSnow
320 E. State St.
Cherry Valley, IL 61016
USA

I'm a huge nerd about comics (to the extent that I'm majoring in them). Art student, obviously. I love gross monsters, mythology, goofy paranormal folklore, and schlocky horror movies. And also good horror movies. Pretty much anything from the headless horseman to space alien Elvis will absolutely thrill me, guaranteed! I'd appreciate it if there wasn't anything vastly NSFW sent to me, though, because I gotta explain this stuff to the rest of my family.

I'll be picking through this thread and send out some hand-drawn cards over the week. Looking forward to it!

EDIT: Tip for any USA folks sending internationally--they have individual stamps for that, now. So instead of plastering on six normal stamps, you can pay 1.10 for a cool little circular stamp that'll go anywhere in the world.

TheAbominableSnow fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

I probably shouldn't have signed up for this just before starting my freshman year at college, because I only just got around to replying to the postcard sent by frenchnewwave and a lovely letter from Kafka's Goldfish:

Thank you! They're stuck up on my corkboard right now. I've been doing these terrible little postcard sized mini-paintings to practice, so guess what you're getting in the mail:

I also completely forgot to list my school address before leaving, so I'll be sending a lot more stuff out once I go home for the holidays and can tend to my backed up mail. I know I've got a couple goon letters waiting for me.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

I'm finally home for the holidays, and just caught up to all the fabulous mail that my parents saved for me! A big thanks to lamb, Genesplicer, Brotato, lady flash, and stuffins--Halloween is my favorite holiday, so getting all this belated spooky mail was fantastic.

I didn't take a photo of what I sent to everyone in return, but hopefully my Krampus postcards make it through the mail okay (I realized right after I sent them that the watercolor could run if wet, so let's hope the post office is careful with them!). Andaley, you should also be getting something. I'll try and send out more cards later!

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

You can also buy worldwide stamps at the post office that are a buck apiece and will ship an envelope anywhere on the planet. They're handy as heck to keep around, and a little cheaper that putting on three US stamps.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

Goonmail. :stare:

Most of these are from the glorious Christmas rush. And I'll be honest, I basically let school knock me on my rear end shortly after that, so I haven't really had time to reply. But now that I've wrapped up some pressing nonschool projects, I think I'll have just enough time to start painting a big batch of Valentines cards! I'm determined to respond to everyone. Eventually.

Here's another shot of the completely awesome little thing Kafka's Goldfish made:

Totally gonna frame it.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

Sent a bunch of cards out, so some of you are getting belated replies from me shortly!

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

I got your letter, Brotato! Donut is up on my wall right now. :3:

Just a heads up, my address has changed by several states. I'm now at:

TheAbominableSnow
634 Roaring Fork Road
Burnsville, NC 28714

I have forwarding, so anything already sent to my previous address will still get to me. Sending and receiving letters is going to be a bit weird during the school year--my school has such long winter breaks that it's pointless to give out my dorm address, since I wouldn't be there to pick up any Christmas cards, so I have to rely on my parents to forward letters delivered during the semester. I'm setting up a better system with them this year, but I'll probably still find a couple forgotten letters buried in family papers come next summer. :shobon:

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

Yeah, as long as people don't mind handmade gifts, I'd be super down for a SASS-type thing! I always wished this subforum had its own holiday gift exchange.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

A big thank you to everyone who sent Halloween cards! As Christmas trees are already up in stores, I will start sending sending spooky-themed winter cards (or 'Halloweensmas', as I like to call it) to bid adieu to the last holiday and welcome in the new. I'm gonna see if I can branch out from Krampus this year.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

Made a few Cryptid-themed Christmas/Kwanzaa/Solstice/Wintercelebrationsmas cards. Cryptidsmas! Gonna try and write the interiors and have em sent off over the weekend. Might do another batch of these for later.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

A big thank you to Marlow, DLOA, Julet Esqu, Opera Bitch, Team Lunch, and Stuffins! Your cards all look fantastic! :neckbeard: I managed the drive to the post office recently, so my cards are out too. I might try and do Cryptidsmas 2.0 to fit in people who weren't in the last batch, if there's time.

Psst, Brotato--did you get my letter from a while back? I'm always paranoid about losing stuff in my school's lovely mailing system.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

I'm finally free from school! Everyone get ready for some random summer cards!

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

I'm going to be home for the holidays in just a week and there will be CRYPTIDSMAS 2.0 in works! Any artsy goons want to do a card trade?

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

Cryptidsmas cards again! Complete with FUN FACTS about your favorite fake monsters. A couple of these were claimed by non-forums pen pals but the rest should be sent out at random to people on the mailing list this weekend. I wish I had the time to do these more than just once or twice a year!

Also, thank you, 13Pandora13--that card is lovely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

I just got back from school to a MASSIVE and absolutely lovely pile of cards. Part of me wishes my parents had sent them to me, and the other part of me was too excited to rip open a huge stack of cards to care. Thanks, everyone! They were all wonderful!

I'm already getting amped up for Halloween--now that I'm graduated, I'm gonna have time to draw Halloween cards for the first time. Gonna try and make enough for every single person on the list. My next few months of drawing warmups are booked!