Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I've done this on and off for the past few years and LOVED it! I've moved a few times, so this is my updated address:

Dee P --- apparently my complex is strict with that stuff
5125 Palm Springs Blvd (Sorry,apparently I don't know my own address)
Unit 5206
Tampa, FL 33647

Happy Holidays, Goons! :-D

PS--- Most of my cards include rambling stories about nothing. It's the thought that counts, right?!

DLAO fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Dec 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I just sent out my first round of Christmas Cheer this morning. This is only the beginning.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

pennymay posted:

But how can 4 people be married to Jensen Ackles? I feel... I feel betrayed.

THAT'S IT. I'm leaving Jensen for Misha. You three can share your groom.

I'm finding Supernatural things to send to you all. It just might take... a while.

Don't be. I'm married to SEVERAL people who have no idea that I've married them... But seriously, the world certainly has more space for another Mrs. Channing Tatum, Mrs. Parker Hurley, and Mrs. Johnny Depp.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Crazy Old Clarice posted:

DLAO we received your most excellent card in the mail today. So despite the fact that was 70 degrees out today, it is starting to feel like Christmas time. And babby enjoyed your poetic description of the holidays. Thanks!

Hurray! I was starting to worry that my cards got eaten by the postman! I'm glad you got it! :-D

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
YAY! People are getting cards! I just got my first one today-- from ASTRODUCK SO FREAKING EXCITED, I let out a huge whoop in the parking lot and scared the crap out of one of the other tenants. With nervous hands, I gleefully skipped up the stairs to my home, trailing a fine dusting of GLITTER all over. It was BEAUTIFUL and such a great way to start of the Goonmas! THANK YOU ASTRODUCK!!! I will be sending yours out shortly! ;-)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Disargeria posted:

Who wants Harry Potter postcards!!

MEME!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Apostate posted:

Cards sent! Hope you guys like GLITTER.

Anyone who says they don't like glitter is LYING!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

IMJack posted:

I'm really, really late to the game this year, but I still want to get in on this. For me it's not the holidays until I'm sending & receiving piles of goonmail.

IMJack

I have cards, they're not the fanciest cards, but I'm going to get to addressing & stuffing & mailing them out tonight.

I actually sent you one a few years back (funny I can remember that, but am having trouble remembering who exactly I already sent one to on this thread and since I'm just randomly picking people)--- I shall be sending you another one! :-D

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

pennymay posted:

Have sent out a couple of batches of cards so far. Probably going to start a new batch today. I bought a million stamps. We're doing this thing.

Big thanks to: DLAO, China Blue, Kafka's Goldfish and Astroduck for the wonderful cards!! You've started our cardmas tree off beautifully. :D

Just got your card today and was SO FREAKING EXCITED!!! And I'm glad my advice assisted in your multiple marriages as well! ;-)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Got cards from Clarice and [b Kafkasfish [/b].

Clarice--- love the snowflakes, coloring pic and German card! :-D

Kafkasfish--- the Poison Ivy and Two Face Cross stitch is AWESOME!

Oh Goonmas! I love card sending seasons!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
rythe I got your Christmas card today and I love coloring and Charlie Brown! (Well, SNOOPY was my favorite to be honest, but who DOESN'T love a dog that can ice skate, turn his house into a jet plane, and INVENTED planking?). And there was some glitterage that occurred, but since I'm Asian and have ovaries, this was VERY okay.

DLAO fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 15, 2012

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Thermophonic Joy posted:

No one's reported getting my mail yet. :ohdearsass:

Not too many people have gotten mine either and this makes me sad. :-( I just got one returned back from Abby Normal but other than thank I'm assuming they are going out and going to GET THERE SOON! Otherwise, the cheer is still there, as long as we've all made it through the zombie apocalypse.

Oh, but I DID get one from Pez Master which I ADORED especially with the drawing and everything else! I have to go buy more stamps, but yours will be going out NEXT WEEK! :-)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
OP Lamb

Can I get my address updated to
5125 Palm Springs Blvd,
Unit 5206,
Tampa Florida 33647
USA

please? Apparently I am very stupid and don't even know my OWN address--- I just moved here about a month ago and my job moved just before that, so I'm very confused about addresses. I think I should start wearing one of those bracelets that says where I need to be returned if found.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Coyote Ugly posted:

I tried to send you a card and it sent it back to me as a return to send since the address posted was invalid.

... That would be why, apparently. I apologize for that and feel even more stupid now. I bet my mailperson ADORES me now. :smiths:

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Oh no, I sent you a card recently too! I guess it'll be finding it's way back to me as well. I'll make sure you're included in my next batch of mail. I'm thinking I'll have to send out another couple dozen 'cause there are just so many more people now!

It may or may not be okay--- I think they realized I was some poor confused person and so some of them ARE coming through.

Actually, it was funny because before I moved in here, the LANDLADY gave me the wrong address as well. Then when I tried to order pizza, they had to explain to me where I lived and how it worked and what not.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Thank you very much, Lamb! :-D

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Yay! Glad you got my card, Rythe and you like the snowflake--- those are paper cranes, NOT devils, silly! :-P

I also received three cards in the mail today--- from Opera Bitch --- I definitely like my bookmark, Thermophonic Joy --- Oh My!It did come! My mailperson is certain I am a retard! :-P and Tremors --- yay Goon <3 from the internet!

I am THOROUGHLY enjoying this holiday season!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Apostate posted:

Yay! Thanks to Kafka's Goldfish for the sweet note and cross stitched goodies. Also, I love the seal you have for the back of the envelope; where did you find that?

P.S. My husband immediately saw the cross stitched guys and stole them. I found them strung up on one of our plants as tiny decorations.

HAH! I love that your husband decorated the plants!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Bampf Kerpow, Team Lunch, and Paranorma Change I got your cards and they have now become part of the Goonmas Card Refrigerator decor (though some NON-Goon ones snuck up there too). I really want people to come over now and SEE how AWESOME my card collection is; I may be turning into a Golem with all these preciouses, errr... cards.

I would LOVE to continue this on for Valentine's Day.

I apologize to any goon that did NOT get a card from me--- I actually have been on a lot of meds lately for sick stuff and what not and realized that I didn't formulate an intelligent plan for Card sending outage.(Maybe some of you have already been hit up multiple times?-- I've gone through almost 60 stamps.)

If you haven't gotten one from me yet and would like one, PM me and I will send away. For V-Day I will utilize a better method.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I finally had a friend come over the other night and he was looking at my fridge saying "I've never seen so many Christmas cards--- are these are from this year".

And I told him "Yes." :smug:

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I've been sick and busy, so I apologize for not having posted sooner, but thank you Aunt Buck, Marlowe, Jimmy da Fish, and IMJACK (x2) for the Christmas cards and goodies! :-)

And since I'm usually single (and bitter) for Valentine's Day, I tend to call it Venereal Disease Day... I most likely will be sending out Hello Kitty cards.:-)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I got Cards (post or belated Christmas ones) from Disengaria, the Pitgoddess, and .... Tine? Sorry I haven't been posting lately--- I got taken out by that nasty flu going around and so I hope I've thanked everyone that was supposed to be thanked.

Is it too early to start the Valentine's Day gifting? I'm so excited to start sending stuff out! :-)

PS--- If you don't like Hello Kitty Stuff, we were NOT meant to be Goonvalentines! :-(

DLAO fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 13, 2013

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Geektox posted:

I mailed off my first cards today, one for jimmydafish's mum, and one for Dushkani, whose card/letter I have also received, it was lovely, thanks!

I'm going off to the Asian market tomorrow, if I can find them, would anyone like some Chinese New Year red envelopes/treats?

This takes it to a new level of awesomeness! Pick me please! :-)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Crazy Old Clarice posted:

Ooooh.... I do! Please, please pick me!

I am having a hard time choosing between hello kitty and MLP valentines. MLP is probably goonier, right?

Hello Kitty is better. ALWAYS

Oooo--- I'm so excited about Valentine's Day now. It's been depressing checking the mail lately and only seeing bills/junk. YAY for Goonholidays!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

thepitgoddess posted:

So did seven people want goofy/goony cat kitchen magnets?

Yes, please! Kitty stuff is ALWAYS welcome!

Shoozy posted:

Seconding this. Hello Kitty is superior to all. Hands down.

I love you. Are you my goon soulmate?

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Mizufusion posted:

I got a pretty Valentine from DLAO today! :neckbeard: I have gotten very good at defusing confetti bombs since I started doing goon mail.

EUREKA!!! I'm SO Overjoyed! I've started sending them out randomly. I'm almost out of stamps, so I will have to run and grab some more in a few days when I get paid (yay money)!

On my own receiving end, THANK YOU PITGODDESS for popping my Valentine's Day Card cherry! I LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Shoozy posted:

Something about it brings out the kid in me and I love the pink and red EVERYTHING during the Winter grayness.

For some reason I read that as "I love the pink and red EVERYTHING during the Winter gayness ."

I had a giggle that you must REALLY enjoy the pink, but then realized that my brain must be love addled. I'm not really focusing on red, just PINK, everyone. Expect to see PINK and Hello Kitty.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Shoozy posted:

Well I went back to reread my post and I read "gayness" too.

I'll be perched at my mailbox waiting for Hello Kitty!

Heheh, I haven't gotten to your name yet--- I'm trying to be more organized this round of cheer sendage and not just randomly pick then suddenly not remembering wtf I sent cards out to already.

I'm glad people are getting my LOVE CHEER already though. HEHEHEHEHE

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I have ten more cards full of GOON LOVE ready to be deployed tomorrow. I got paid on Friday, so I could afford to buy more stamps.

Also... I feel like I want Shoozy's brownie recipe now. Just reading about it made me think of yummy chocolate goodness, hot from the oven. :-)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Disargeria posted:

I got goontines from DLAO and Shoozy, so here is Shoozy's Wilma's Brownies for DLAO!

I loved the scooby doo and angry birds coloring pages btw!

Yay and yum! So excited. I must go to the store tomorrow and pick up ingredients for chocolatey goodness!

And I'm glad you got the card! Double yay! :-)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

JimmydaFish posted:

Oh gosh, you're right! Sorry DLAO, thank you for the coloring page.

This is what happens when your cats distract you and knock all your mail to the ground........ Yes, I am blaming the cats. :colbert:

Haha, it's all good! And you CAN'T blame the kittehs; they are just too cute and needed to know how you could possibly pay attention to anything other than their adorable selves!

So glad my LOVE mail is reaching you goons! <3

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Disargeria posted:

There's another goon sending Disney postcards?! That's my territory!

Not me. Totally NOT me, I promise. Don't hurt me fellow Florida Goon! I said Hello Kitty and I am STAYING with Hello Kitty. :-D

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I am fairly certain that I am in love with quite a few of you Goons! Thanks so much for the Valentines and HELLO KITTY stuffs!

Yesterday, I got two cards from God Bless Johnny and Crazy Old Clarice filled with pictures and kitties and postcards and stickers.

Today, I got home from work and got FIVE-- thank you very much Kafka's Goldfish, Lamb, Bampf Kerpow, Shoozy, and WWC filled with MORE stickers and Asian Stationary and HELLO KITTY and hearts and GOON LOVE.

I literally started jumping up and down giggling maniacally at the mail box at the sight of the mail. I'm pretty sure my neighbors think I'm crazy. My cats are still staring at me from afar, since I busted in the door and started cheering with every little surprise that popped out.

I've had a really crappy week and this has really cheered me up! Thanks for the Goon Love, everyone!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I just mailed out a new batch of Goon love into the world and will probably have another small batch ready for tomorrow! Hope you all are getting the affections I send out to you! :-D

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

panorama_change posted:

Looks like I'll be alone this Valentine's day as well... :smith:

Apologies in advance if my Valentine's are kind of sad.

This seems to be my life's story. "ALONE FOR VALENTINE'S DAY". I have to agree with everyone else that this definitely helps cheer up the lonely. I get why they call it "National Single Awareness Day".

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Niemat posted:

So excited :3:

As a side question, does anyone know where I can get a box of just colored envelopes...? I checked Michael's to no avail, and I really wanna send out Valentines. :(

EDIT: Forgot to mention! Some letters going out tomorrow! ...and I think I dated some of them 2012... :downs:

I got mine from staples! :-D

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Niemat posted:

What. :stare: This is pretty sad news... What will I have to look forward to on Saturdays...? :(

(ALSO: both of you should maybe be watching for letters :3:)

Not Happy About the Saturday NO MAIL thing. It's like the highlight of my day to check the box after work and see if I got lucky fun from any goons.

VERY giddy and excited about receiving mail now. I shall check even MORE diligently. I also determined that sending and receiving goon mail is more important than eating/paying bills, so I broke and bought more stamps, so the sending will start being launched again. :-D

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Shoozy posted:

DLAO, Your cupcake card is adorable. Handmade, I assume? Where did you find that cupcake paper? 'Cuz I want some!

Joann's Fabrics and Crafts, in the scrap booking section, they have these notebooks of paper that have designs and ALL sorts of themes.

Here it is online: Pretty Paper

EDIT: PS-- I'm glad you liked the cards! :-D

kafkasgoldfish posted:

That sounds kinda awesome. :stare:

:stare: I concur. There might be a new trend among the new cards being sent out.

DLAO fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Feb 7, 2013

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Bampf Kerpow! posted:

DLAO Thank you for the love! G
This bee on the back made me happy happy. :) I have a very similar one as a tattoo on my shoulder, flying sideways.

It's a Hello Kitty Stamp :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
OP--- did someone get removed from the list? I was keeping an ongoing track with it and now the person I left off at is no longer there and I'm trying to figure out who to send to next. :smith: