Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Niemat posted:

And, finally, MYSTERY GOON who sent my momma a card! You rock!! :buddy: I haven't opened it (since it's not for me, haha), so I can't give proper credit where credit is due yet, but my mom has already been notified she received her first piece of goon mail!! She was surprised, but pleasantly so! :)

I *think* that might be my card? I sent a number of letters out, so hopefully many of you will be getting them soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Thermophonic Joy posted:

And a huge thanks to Kafkas Goldfish for the very sweet and zany letter. What the hell, you have a heart stamp? Like... literally a heart? This is friggen awesome. My fiance and I were equally creeped out by it. Thank you! (I am definitely one of those weird people who like hearing about the antics of someone else's pets. Excellent letter!)

:siren: Just noticed you're not on the address list! :siren:

Hooray! I'm glad you liked it. I realized I jumped the gun and started sending letters before submitting my own address. ::ohdear:: I was a little paranoid about putting it up online...I hope this isn't totally against the thread rules. But my address is on the back of the envelope!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Address removed.

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 22, 2013

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 22, 2017

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 22, 2017

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Any East Coast goons in here (or goons with family there)? Just want to wish everyone and their families safe during this nighmare storm. :(

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Tempura Wizard posted:

It's so pretty... do I have to break it? :ohdear:

I managed to tear around it, thank you for the lovely letter about your pets, Kafka' Goldfish!

I'm glad you liked it, though I'm starting to feel like a crazy cat lady with all the letters I sent out discussing my cats!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

I received a very thoughtful letter from Tempura Wizard today! :buddy: How exciting! This is the first piece of fun mail that I've received in a very long time. Thank you; I loved reading it.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

party hat posted:

I got your new letter Kafka's Goldfish, and the wax arrived in much better condition! Now I want wax and a seal. Did you happen to include a single googly eye sticker thing, because I noticed it on my desk when I put your letter away, and I don't own any. :tinfoil: I will write you back, I've just been shamelessly lazy.

The googly eye was glued onto the eye of the rubber stamp figure on the letter but I guess it came unglued. :sigh: I need to get the hang of what not to mail in the post! (Googly eyes, wax seals, etc.)

The mental image of you coming back to your table and finding a single, unblinking googly eye staring at you is hilarious.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Long overdue update with all the great mail I've gotten over the last few weeks.

Jimmy da Fish, Fluffy Bunnies, 13Pandora13 and PitGoddess:

Thermophonic Joy sent me an explosion of awesome:

Including the following stickers:

Look at that scary mofo.:ohdear:

Lovely letters from Dushkani, Tempura Wizard, Rhythe and Becktastic:

Becktastic's paper was of a magic variety that turned the ink into rainbow color!

PezMaster sent me a great letter full of artistic greatness:

I love how fabulous the super hero is and the crayon colour metropolis in the back ground.

Included in the letter was this!

I can't draw for the life of me, so rather than ruin the picture I put a cross stitch I made on the face.

On the back I discovered this:

PezMaster I will use this as a writing prompt and let you know what I come up with.

Fantastic letters from Hockyfrong and Dushkani (who took the photo on the card):

Thanks everyone for all your thoughtful mail. I'm working on replies to each of you for Christmas. I'm also wondering if there are any fans of the following: Daria, "Anchorman", Aqua Teen Hunger Force, old school horror flicks and "Ghostbusters".

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 5, 2012

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

PezMaster posted:

I'm so glad my letter got to you - I'll show my student/artist the picture of your cross stitch. He'll be over the moon!

Would it be ok if I included it in the reply card I send to you? Maybe he would like it in exchange for the mega awesome drawing he sent me.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Mail for Crazy Old Clarice, Pez Master and Mom Valet has been sent out today. I'm mentioning this only because all this talk of mail getting lost in the Canada post worries me. :ohdear:

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Tremors posted:

Cards going out today to jimmie's boyfriend and nonpromqueen. Any other Mass Effect fans?

Also a fan!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Getting ready to send out another round of cards. Any fans of the following: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Watchmen, X-men, Scooby Doo, Portal, Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Dr. Who or LOTR? This will help me figure out what kind of goodies to send!

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Dec 11, 2012

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

First batch of cards went out yesterday. The rest will go out later this week and the most recent round of goody requests will probably wait until Valentine's Day (it will take me a little bit to make all the goodies!)

I hope everyone enjoys their mail! I had fun working on it!

(P.S. It warms my cold, black heart to find so many "Labyrinth" fans here!)

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Came home to find all this waiting for me!

Look at this pile of awesome!

From the awesome Rhythe:

Included was a very funny story about gingerbread men and the fate of our world. It made me laugh and laugh, Rhythe! Thank you!

Marlowe can you go sent me a card full of star stuff and a picture of her cats being coy and posing from behind a curtain (are we sending out pics of our pets in cards now? Because this is an awesome idea and I want pictures of all your pets!)

Look. Look at those sexy beasts.

Tremors sent me a super creative card:

(Sort of wondering if Shep regrets his choice of "reindeer"...)

And last, but not least, a very whimsical and cute holiday card from pennymay and revolther:

This has been a lot of fun, guys. I had no idea getting mail from the internet could cause me so much glee. And I am so pleased that people are enjoying their cross stitch critters.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

party hat posted:

I can't believe my post office is out of international and domestic stamps. Outrage!

This calls for a riot! :sassargh:

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Dalton Dingus

Oh, man. How could I say no. I only wish I knew what kinds of things little kids like so I could make a card that he'd enjoy. I'll do my best, though. Thanks, Fluffy Bunnies. This is a really thoughtful request.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Cone of Tragedy posted:

Just got your card Kafka's Goldfish, I LOVE the apple with the mustache cross-stitch!

This pleases me greatly! I was on bed rest last month for a couple of weeks and took up cross stitch as a hobby to stay (somewhat) sane. I'm really excited that they are providing a small bit of amusement to others!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Andaley posted:

Oh my Goonmas! So many cards today!

From Nation of Crustaceans - a drawing of my avatar in a Christmas hat! Squeeeeeeeee!

This is fantastic!!!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

party hat posted:

Oh my god, I want frog Mario. That was the best power up thingy.

I will make one especially for you, party hat!

Also, anyone here have a pug? If yes, could you please share his/her name? How about any "Wizard of Oz" fans?

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Sheep posted:

Kafka's Goldfish: Is PDX, Oregon an actual place? I'm fighting with the post office to get them to send my reply card in its current incarnation.

You can jot down Portland instead. I am lazy when it comes to addresses and shortened it.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

kittentits posted:

Since the girls don't actually live with me, they just visit from time to time, I haven't opened your letter yet. I have sworn on my life not to open anything without them, but I'm sure what's inside is awesome (plus it's great just to get an envelope in the mail, honestly), so thank you!

There is mail in there for you as well!

Planning a post full of gratitude for all the amazing mail I've gotten. I cannot even keep up! I've never in my life gotten so much love in the mail and I've been a life long letter writer!

Off topic but many of you have asked about where I get my wax seals. The best place I've found is an online store called Nostalgic Impressions. I try not to go there too often because I want ALL the stamps. Get the flexible wax if you're planning on stamping the outside of the letter.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Working on making Valentine's day cards. Are there any Watchmen fans in the thread? There have to be. Please tell me there's at least a
Rorschach fan...please? Also, any Silent Hill/Pyramid Head fans?

Opera Bitch posted:

I think this was asked already, but does anyone know a good place to get those wax envelope seals?

I get mine online from a company called Nostalgic Impressions. They have little tutorials if you are new to using them. They also carry King's wax, which is beautiful.

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 1, 2013

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Geektox posted:

Ooo, I'll dibs on a Watchmen Valentines card if that's OK!

Oh, hooray! Now I can finish it knowing there will be a recipient who might enjoy it!

MustardMaster posted:

Anybody up for some pen-palling? I made a thread about it just before Christmas but it was an idea basically born dead. However, a couple of people weren't too negative about it. Any of you guys lurking here?

I'm totally up for this with anyone who might want to get mail aside from holiday related cards.

Opera Bitch posted:

How much extra for postage do they cost? When I sent my x-mas cards with the bookmarks inside it was an extra 20 cents and I was curious if a wax seal costs the same.

I don't believe it adds any extra postage to the mail. If you purchase the flexible wax, it should travel through the post without disintegrating and it is also USPS approved (or something of that nature).

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 1, 2013

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

genesplicer posted:

Why, yes, I did. I didn't mention it earlier, Sorry, I thought I did. I have to say, you are truly sick, allowing your students to draw Slenderman.
I thought I was the only one who did that.

And I must also add that the Archie/Breaking Bad mashup was also frightening.

Thanks!

These are both amazing. I can't stop laughing at how deceptively sweet Slenderman's facial expression is and the comic is blowing my mind. Very creative.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Thermophonic Joy posted:

kafkasgoldfish, yesterday I received another card from you! Thank you for the awesome cross stitch. It made me laugh... I was expecting 8bit nintendo characters and instead was mildly insulted. Best mail. :3:

It was an "Anchor Man" quote! Really! I would never say such things to a lady goon!

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 5, 2013

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

:siren: Long overdue megapost! :siren:

From Panoramic Change I got this surreal card of a banana zeppelin.

After a few moments of giggling I flipped the card open to find this:

This was so unexpected that I laughed and laughed...and then quickly ran over to my door to affirm that it was locked. Thanks Panoramic Change for the big laugh!

A tartan Santa card from Party Hat with stories about her awesome cat. Thanks so much. I love hearing about other people's pets and I think my mind would be blown away if I ever met a cat who can play dead!

A sweet note from Jimmy da Fish with the cutest paper cut outs (did you make these?):

Most adorable cat in a hat from Andaley

A pretty awesome dachshund card from 13Pandora13. This is your pup, yes? The back photo is hilarious! Included were some lovely photos 13Pandora13 shot herself. Also, a sparkly and shiny card from cardboard robot. Ohhh, sparklies...

A beautiful postcard from Crazy Old Clarice. The photo doesn't really do the card justice. There are beautiful embossed cardinals and holly plants on the edges with scalloped detail and a very nice note. (I'm glad you liked your cross stitch--it was the first time I'd tried that pattern and it was a little advanced for me.)

From Vixenella and Alkaphanel a great card that made me laugh. Look at these faces. (The owls are not what they seem...) and even *more* shiny distraction from IM Jack

A mail explosion from lamb complete with light up mini X-mas tree, Mrs. Claus money, "A Christmas Story" band aid, trading cards from "Gremlins", "Ghostbusters" and "Garbage Pail Kids" (I was a fan of all these when I was a wee one!), and so much more! Fantastic, thanks lamb!

From Team Lunch awesome oragami, stickers and this amazing drawing of Mr. White from "Breaking Bad". You did this on a lunch break?! I am thrilled with it. Thank you so much!

From genesplicer a card full of monkey business, "Hunchback" trading cards (one of my favorite books!) and a plague doctor trading card (how did you know I love anything to do with plague doctors?!)

Oh, you!

This most awesome key chain from Naomi D. which also glows in the dark. I cannot tell you how over the moon I am to have something with my avatar name on it! I put my keys on it right away!

A letter and card full of goodies from Tempura Wizard (awww, look at the little guy left behind!)

A nice card from Molten Llama whose little note about PDX made me laugh

Also, Abby Normal and Fluffy Bunnies, your mail was returned. I double checked the addresses and they seem right. Am I missing something?

Sorry about the mega-gigantic post. Thank you so much everyone for all the letters. So. Many. Letters!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

PezMaster posted:

More drunken postcards anyone?

Yes and please!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Nation of Crustaceans made an awesome drawing of me and Kafka!

There I am on the right, staring longingly at my dear Franz. You got his starving artist gauntness just right. I really love this and am so excited to have another drawing of my username! :3:

jimmie sent me an awesome water color postcard. It's actually very detailed despite its size. The postcard came complete with a stamp of the queen mother! Love this also, thank you jimmie!

If anyone else has sent me something but has not received recognition in the thread, please let me know.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

ManOfTheYear posted:

I just send pen-pal letters to Team Lunch, Niemat, Dushkani, Cuntvalet, thepitgoddess and lamb. In the making are the letters for 13Pandora13, panorama-change, kafkasgoldfish and Rickycat. The letters should arrive in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks for your patience guys!

Me??? Oh, I cannot wait! :3:

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Got two new pieces of mail last week! A Disney card from Tempura Wizard with a very nice note and a postcard describing (drunken?) shenanigans from Pez Master! Thanks guys! It's so lovely to find a little something in the mail box.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Valentine's Day Cards! (Sorry for the terrible phone quality photos)

From the lovely lamb:

I love the owl button! And the calender. And everything.

Included was this tiny envelope with the cutest little card

A very pretty New Year card from the most awesome Tempura Wizard

I also got your letter and am slowly working on a response!

The absolute most adorable cards and goodies from Shoozy and DLAO

Mr. Goldfish opened one of the letters and was engulfed in a little cloud of heart confetti. Very cute! All of these are going on my fridge!

These are fantastic and so fun, thanks everyone! :3:

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Goon mail!

Cute and fun mail from Crazy Old Clarice and Bamph Kerpow!:

Awesome loot from Thermophonic Joy and Opera Bitch:

Opera Bitch your poem made me laugh:

A pretty fantastic Lego valentine puzzle from Rythe:

Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the time and effort. I have a few more valentines to send out, so some of you will be getting mail after the holiday. Again, I'm happy to hear that people are enjoying their cross stitches. It's my favorite hobby.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

13Pandora13 posted:

I should also add that I've gotten goonmail and sent replies, but I'm at work but I don't remember who all I've been valentine'd by. I do remember PezMaster though, because she sent me awesome erotic elf/wizard fanfiction for Valentine's day. :colbert: Your move, goons.

That sounds kinda awesome. :stare:

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Sorry. Edit.

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 9, 2013

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Any birthdays coming up? Also, any fans of "Iron & Wine" or Morrissey?

genesplicer posted:

I also got card from Kafka's Goldfish which included a rather nice Shaun of the Dead cross-stitch. Mrs. Genesplicer really liked it, and grabbed a frame for it.

Thanks everyone!

I'm so flattered that the Mrs. put it in a frame to display in your home! If anyone is cross stitch curious, I get all the patterns from a few etsy sellers. They're easy and relaxing and seem to make nice gifts for friends when personalized.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Behold, my loot.

Niemat, thank you for your card. I will definitely write you back shortly. Also thanks to marlowe, Genesplicer (and Mrs. Genesplicer), and Jimmy da Fish.

Also got a explosion of Valentines from when worlds collide.

Included was a Henry Rollins colouring page (Oh, this made me laugh so much. Where the hell did you find this? I love it.), a fantastic assortment of valentines and a beautiful peacock card which I just love.

Also included was this little guy:

The likeness to me is uncanny, really!

Niemat, I think you were asking about the cross stitch patterns. The main etsy sellers I get my patterns from are weelittlestitches and andwabisabi. They are both very polite sellers and seem happy to give helpful advice to beginners. There are a few other sellers I get patterns from, but basically just type in something you want to stitch and you'll probably find a pattern for it on etsy.

Thanks everyone for all the mail and correspondence. I am pretty impressed with how creative all you goons are. And if someone has sent me something and I haven't yet thanked you for it, please pipe up!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

DLAO posted:

And I'm totally up for the next Holiday cardfest! I'm also okay with us making UP holidays to send out to people as well.

Do lesser known holidays from other cultures/countries count? February 24th is Dragobete, a sort of Romanian version of Valentine's Day. Rumor has it that if you partake in the celebration, you will be spared from fever for the rest of the year (Huzzah! No Black Death for you!).

I'm also ok with sending out very, merry un-birthday cards!

Also, edit: last Valentine has been claimed!

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Niemat, your letter was returned! The address is written just as it's listed in the OP record so I'm not sure why it's been marked as "unknown". I will send it again, unless you've recently changed your address.

I hope everyone is getting my mail, especially those of you in Canada and overseas. :ohdear: